The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Farewell my SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2520)

paddlesnz 01-20-2002 08:21 PM

Farewell my SVX

Today, I sent my SVX back home to New Zealand. :( As from April 1 there will be changes in the law for importing used motor vehicles into NZ, so I had to send it back before then.

At this stage I have no immediate plans to return to NZ, so my SVX will go into storage until I return.

But I still have my Subaru Vivio here in Japan, all 660cc of tiny car fun. :)

paddlesnz
JAPAN

Green1995SVX 01-20-2002 08:28 PM

Paul -

Good luck with everything. I hope you have scheduled visits at regular intervals to see your beautiful silver alcyone :)

-Mike

Mr. Pockets 01-21-2002 08:04 AM

Re: Farewell my SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by paddlesnz
Today, I sent my SVX back home to New Zealand. :( As from April 1 there will be changes in the law for importing used motor vehicles into NZ, so I had to send it back before then.

At this stage I have no immediate plans to return to NZ, so my SVX will go into storage until I return.

paddlesnz
JAPAN

Tiny Subarus are so much fun. Although my Justy's 1.2L 3cyl is a monster compared to the .66L, I guess. :)

This morning's commute was a slippery, nasty affair, but the Justy did just fine. What a neat little car.

oab_au 01-21-2002 03:05 PM

Re: Farewell my SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by paddlesnz

paddlesnz
JAPAN

Paddles you could allways send it to Ozz. I am sure James would look after it. We could take it down to Phillip Island, for a quite run, every now and then. :D :D :D
Harvey.

svxistentialist 01-21-2002 03:33 PM

Shadow of a Gunma

You are going to miss that silver baby!!

But at least where you are, you are bound to see one or two SVXs on the streets, so you won't be too lonely.

Is the 660 a turbo?

Joe

paddlesnz 01-21-2002 04:41 PM

Re: Shadow of a Gunma

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Is the 660 a turbo?

Joe

No, my model is the cheap model. But there is a sports Vivio with a supercharged 660cc engine and 4WD.

paddlesnz
JAPAN

svxistentialist 01-21-2002 04:51 PM

Subercharged

Sounds interesting Paul. Would like to get a crashed one and apply the blower to a motorcycle. Should give a nice boost. Yes, I meant that pun.

We have a new member, Trevor, on the OZ Yahoo! board. He is a Kiwi, but we will not hold that against him, "and damned be him that first cries" a sheep joke.

Joe:D

Jamsvx 01-22-2002 04:21 AM

My offer was declined!!

For some reason (and I cannot think why!), my very generous offer to take *ahem*....err....care for...Paddles' SVX fell on unhearing ears!!

I cannot think why???

Oh...I see....images of his SVX hooning through the Macquarie Pass with Harvey and Blake's SVX....the terrible thoughts of transmission woes as we drive down to Phillip Island just to have a look....and if we take an accidental wrong turn onto the track, well...we'd have to go around it to get back off again!!!

:D

Jamsvx

oab_au 01-22-2002 02:22 PM

Re: Subercharged

Quote:

Sounds interesting Paul. Would like to get a crashed one and apply the blower to a motorcycle. Should give a nice boost. Yes, I meant that pun.

We have a new member, Trevor, on the OZ Yahoo! board. He is a Kiwi, but we will not hold that against him, "and damned be him that first cries" a sheep joke.

Hi Joe, Trevor is most welcomed to our club. You can rest assured we won't pull the wool over his eyes ;)
Harvey.

svxistentialist 01-22-2002 05:05 PM

Re: Re: Subercharged

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au

Hi Joe, Trevor is most welcomed to our club. You can rest assured we won't pull the wool over his eyes ;)
Harvey.

Harvey,

Now ya dunnit. I feel sheepish for even mentioning the fact.

And as for letting James loose in an SVX!!!
Yeah, right!

oab_au 01-22-2002 05:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Subercharged

Quote:

Harvey,

Now ya dunnit. I feel sheepish for even mentioning the fact.

And as for letting James loose in an SVX!!!
Yeah, right!

What, do ya think we should barrrr James from driving it ?, in case he rams it into the fence. What do ewe reckon ?

Harvey.

svxistentialist 01-22-2002 05:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Subercharged

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au

What, do ya think we should barrrr James from driving it ?, in case he rams it into the fence. What do ewe reckon ?

Harvey.

Ewe know what I think. James going from Camry to SVX is a lamb to the slaughter!
I can see him hanging out the window of Paddles' motor, camera in hand. The rear window. The camera needs Ram Air to operate, not one of these digital doo-dahs.

Paddles will be safer putting the car away in NZ, we don't want flocks of SVX's roaming the range in Oz.

Joe:)

SVXphile 01-22-2002 07:50 PM

Money for mutton and the sheep for free....

Baaaad boys....baaaad boys...whatchagonna do?

or

"Have you heard the news? The dogs are dead!"
Deadbleat Magazine

....moving right along now...:rolleyes: Don

Ron Mummert 01-22-2002 08:59 PM

Re: Money for mutton and the sheep for free....

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
Baaaad boys....baaaad boys...whatchagonna do?

or

"Have you heard the news? The dogs are dead!"
Deadbleat Magazine

....moving right along now...:rolleyes: Don

Oh no, another lambasting from Don. His puns just can't be bleat.
Ron.

Aredubjay 01-23-2002 01:00 AM

I ain't even gonna touch this one guys. I'm takin' it on the Lamb!:rolleyes: