The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2342km in 5 days! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8044)

Jamsvx 01-08-2003 05:42 PM

2342km in 5 days!

Well, just added a heap more k's to the car which means it will have to sit under its cover for the next few months (joking!)

Last week, Cassie and I went to Melbourne for a week (excellent...had a great time) and took the mighty SVX - the poor Camry had to stay home, devoid of suspension as it is!

All I can say is what an amazing car!!! Roughly 11 hours non-stop (save for 2 refuels and 20 minutes for lunch) and we still got out in Melbourne (950km from Sydney) feeling good.

Seats are great except that I have to have mine reclined more so as to avoid hitting my head - a bit of sore shoulders; the cruise control is brilliant.....going through different zones could just bump it up and down as needed; legroom....not too bad...I was driving in socks and found that could stretch my left leg out under and to the side of the brake pedal - did you know they even carpeted all the way up there!!!

Fuel - not too bad - averaged around 10litre per 100km with aircon going non-stop.......kept to the speed limit the whole time since the police were out in force save for one overtaking move where the idiot decided to pull into a servo at the last second....nailed the accelerator to overtake and that hoooooowwwwwwwllllll :D Cassie turned to me and said "You liked that didn't you" as I was nodding like a maniac and grinning like a loon.

Hotel in Melbourne was the Royce (an ex Rolls Royce dealership - very cool!!) but they wanted to valet park it!! Nope....your valet can come in the car but no-one drives it except me (especially when they want a little waiver to be signed!!!) - turns out a Boxster and S2000 pilot had the same idea.

Then we did the Great Ocean Road.....the most jaw-dropping excellent piece of road I have ever been on....incredible.....I got carried away a few times with Cassie saying 'slow down" but just an incredible piece of coastal road all the way to the Twelve Apostles (an offshore rock formation).

Sorry about the long post but just thought I would share my thoughts....I've been in a WRX non-stop for 2 hours and fell out, exhausted.....when will non-SVX'ers ever realise what an incredible car we have.

Yay for the SVX!!!

James

svx_commuter 01-08-2003 06:34 PM

Nice to hear you had a great trip.:) I agree that I do not get as tired driving the SVX as I do with other cars. I think it mostly because it is so quite, smooth and lacks the sensation of speed that most other cars have. It is a great highway car.

Ron Mummert 01-08-2003 08:37 PM

Nice trip, James! Wish I could'a joined ya.

Ron.

Mr. Pockets 01-09-2003 08:04 AM

Thanks for sharing the story, James!

svxistentialist 01-09-2003 09:47 AM

Long distance svx

Glad you enjoyed the trip James. Wondered where you were.

We don't drive in socks around here at present. No snow, but plenty of ice.

Had a few skids, all under control.

Say Hi to Cassie

Joe:)

Shocker33 01-09-2003 12:46 PM

hehe

Whats a kilometer.....

sorry had to ask it was killin me. :D

SHISVX 01-09-2003 12:54 PM

my mom had spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Aussie land and New Zealand. she took like 25 rolls of film and used them all. it is beautiful over there. she went to too all the major cities of Aussie land and NZ..

wish i coulda went with her...plan on going before i turn 50

Kelli

glad you trip was a pleasure and safe one!

SVXCH 01-09-2003 03:08 PM

I agree :)

I drive each year one or two times from Switzerland through Italy, Slowenia to Croatia = one way 930 km (581 miles).

I am always relaxed after this trip. Before I had an VW Corrado and was later every time tired.

581 miles takes me about 7,5 hours drive. Average Speed:

Switzerland 140 km/h = ~ 90 mph
Italia 180 till 200 km/h = ~ 120 mph :D (nearly everybody drive
there so) limit is 81 mph
Slowenia 160 km/h = ~100 mph (also rest few km in Croatia)

Kusi

Earthworm 01-09-2003 05:36 PM

Re: hehe

Quote:

Originally posted by Shocker33
Whats a kilometer.....
You need to get out (of the U.S.) more :D

alacrity024 01-10-2003 07:58 AM

Oh $#!^!!!!! We forgot to convert centimeters to inches!

*enormous explosion*

:rolleyes: