The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Son of a %$*%*4 (Or how NOT to clear your headlights) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43981)

Hondasucks 03-27-2008 10:10 PM

Son of a %$*%*4 (Or how NOT to clear your headlights)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...0327081807.jpg

:(:(:(

I need a headlight and marker light for sure, dunno if anyone has a pearl white fender, no biggie as I'd rather have an off color one than a crunched one. My grille got crunched but it just broke a couple of the ears off, so I think I can glue it and be OK, same with the passenger headlight.

For those wondering, I was stopped in the left-turn lane, and there was a train, and the line of cars in front of me were all turning so I checked the mirrors and started to pull out into the other lane, and there was an old Ford truck in my blind spot, would have been okay if it had the stock bumper on it, but it had a different one that hung out JUST enough to catch the end of the fender and the marker light. He was ok cuz he was like "I just bought this truck and I have a different bumper for it so I'm not worried" so my insurance isn't going to go up... I just wish I had been driving my Legacy lol... Funny thing is 99% of the time I check my mirrors AND over my shoulder if I'm changing lanes, even if I'm moving left, and the one time I don't... crunch... Could have been worse though, I could have pulled out like, 2 seconds sooner and it would have been a lot more than my fender...

nextse7en 03-27-2008 11:08 PM

And see, if you had just read my how to, you would have noticed that I vehemently recommended using something smaller than pickup sized grit sandpaper to clear your lenses with.

Let me know if I can help getting that stuff back together. And I'm glad you're ok.

-Patrick

ensteele 03-28-2008 12:30 AM

Do not try this at home! :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :o

jeffast 03-28-2008 12:37 AM

actually i know where i can get both head lights, and the grill for cheap they were a little oxidized, but aside from that looked fine, pm me if interisted and i'll get an exact cost.

Hondasucks 03-28-2008 01:03 PM

okay, yeah, whatever you guys can come up with. Patrick, what do you have? Jeffast, get me a quote :-) You still have a fender off the crunch-on-claret?

nextse7en 03-28-2008 04:26 PM

We can nab the parts off of the Pick a pull in albany, they seem to have really good prices. I don't think we would pay more than 50 for parts.

The headlights and fender are in good shape too.

-Patrick

Hondasucks 03-28-2008 06:04 PM

sounds good to me! I just need to get the Legacy fixed and sold, and get my 86 turbo sedan painted before I tackle this one lol. That and the wife is a little :angst::angst::angst: with me cuz I was an:bash: and neglected to tell her about it until this morning...

jeffast 03-28-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 537718)
okay, yeah, whatever you guys can come up with. Patrick, what do you have? Jeffast, get me a quote :-) You still have a fender off the crunch-on-claret?

i don't have the fender, the claret is getting fixed soon hopefully...
i'll get a quote on the lights tommorow

jeffast 03-28-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 537767)
i don't have the fender, the claret is getting fixed soon hopefully...
i'll get a quote on the lights tommorow

come to think of it i have a green fender i might be talked out of but i think shipping might be detrimental for that one

GreenMarine 03-28-2008 09:15 PM

I've got two SVX headlights... Shoot me a PM with what they are worth to ya... :)

~ Chris

Turbone 03-28-2008 11:19 PM

Lights and fender available here. And you can pick them up when you come to the NWSVX banquet.

Hondasucks 03-29-2008 09:47 AM

Okay Rob that sounds good! Jeffast - I was referring to the car that Patrick had, he's only 30 miles away :lol:

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-29-2008 09:26 PM

Man that sucks. :( Today an STI almost backed into me. I was so worried, it me a while to find the horn. :lol:

jeffast 03-29-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 537860)
Okay Rob that sounds good! Jeffast - I was referring to the car that Patrick had, he's only 30 miles away :lol:

oh...
heh, gotcha, well let me know if you do end up needing those head lights

Hondasucks 04-06-2008 11:15 AM

Hey Patrick, do you have any of the stuff off the Claret still? I'd rather give you $ than the junkyard lol, and I think he'd try and charge me an arm and a leg cuz he knows the car is rare (Didn't stop the mexicans from busting up the dash to get the stereo out though :eek:)