The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Profile UPDATES!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41764)

TomsSVX 11-08-2007 10:05 AM

Profile UPDATES!!!!

Hey guys and gals, in recent events I think it is appropriate to update your profile. A real name and also a phone number you can be reached at easily. I recently had to try and contact a member in Alaska in a hurry but I could not get his number from a moderator because he did not list it. SO, please at very least add a phone number to your account so in case of an emergency moderators/administrators can contact you without waiting for a PM response.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tom

shelfy 11-08-2007 10:47 AM

recent events? i probably don't want to know.

cozykat 11-08-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 507336)
Hey guys and gals, in recent events I think it is appropriate to update your profile. A real name and also a phone number you can be reached at easily. I recently had to try and contact a member in Alaska in a hurry but I could not get his number from a moderator because he did not list it. SO, please at very least add a phone number to your account so in case of an emergency moderators/administrators can contact you without waiting for a PM response.

Tom

not too many alaskan members are there? ;) :p

I think its a good idea.. especially if you are having svx troubles and in need of aid.

However the svxwn disclaimer says: "We will NOT give out this information without your permission or by Court Order." So maybe the moderator was kindly saying no to your request?

TomsSVX 11-08-2007 12:14 PM

actually it was to keep me from chargiong $500 to ship something to him. I think that would be a more than appropriate reason

Tom

SubaSteevo 11-08-2007 12:35 PM

Many people have their AIM profile listed. Instant communication, and no need to post your phone number on a public forum. Problem solved.

subeman90 11-08-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 507336)

Tom

i just looked at yours and i don't see your number....so where do we put these numbers? Lead by example? :confused:

RSVX 11-08-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo (Post 507368)
Many people have their AIM profile listed. Instant communication, and no need to post your phone number on a public forum. Problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 507369)
i just looked at yours and i don't see your number....so where do we put these numbers? Lead by example? :confused:

You dont see it, because its only viewable to the Admins and the Mods. So its not posted 'publicly'.

Many have their numbers in there.

User CP ---> Edit Profile, near the bottom.

TomsSVX 11-08-2007 01:48 PM

6092767279 I have posted it several times and I am sure many people have it. I don't care because I am here to help if help is needed. Its not publicly visable hence why I had to call an Admin to try and get the number for nikfus. in the scenario I was in it was appropriate to share the information because he is a customer of mine... I dunno what else to tell ya except it is probably a good idea

Tim 11-08-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 507387)

I'm going to prank call you now :D.

In all honesty, its a good thing only the admins can see it to avoid potential risks or harrassment from other members.

SVeXy96 11-08-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 507387)
6092767279 I have posted it several times and I am sure many people have it. I don't care because I am here to help if help is needed. Its not publicly visable hence why I had to call an Admin to try and get the number for nikfus. in the scenario I was in it was appropriate to share the information because he is a customer of mine... I dunno what else to tell ya except it is probably a good idea

I'm totally gonn start prank calling you now! :lol: Just Kidding!!!

subeman90 11-08-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 507383)
You dont see it, because its only viewable to the Admins and the Mods. So its not posted 'publicly'.

Many have their numbers in there.

User CP ---> Edit Profile, near the bottom.

ok now I get it....didn't quite understand but sure I'll update mine (not that anyone who doesn't already have mine would want it)

Can we have it that only hot chicks can see it if needed? :lol:

Trevor 11-08-2007 09:35 PM

Tom has opened a can of worms here, hopefully to good purpose.

I have maximum respect for members who disclose maximum personal details within their profile. My name is Trevor Sheffield, I am listed in the phone book available as a result of a few clicks.

It irks me that so many expect others to devote endless time, responding to a nobody willing to disclose stuff all about themselves. Surely a first name can cause no harm and most certainly adds to the friendly atmosphere.

NikFu S. 11-08-2007 09:51 PM

Profile UPDATED!!!!

:p

Nomake Wan 11-08-2007 10:28 PM

Updated mine. Silly me, I had the wrong phone number in there anyway. :rolleyes:

zavikan 11-09-2007 11:47 AM

hmmm

Hmmm...I'm going to have to repeat

disclaimer says: "We will NOT give out this information without your permission or by Court Order."

I think faith in this type of thing is important...

I would actually like to see reiteration and comfirmation on this by an Admin to remove any grey area here.....

Its not a discresion (sp) issue.