The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Five SVX on ebay at present. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32195)

b3lha 03-20-2006 03:48 AM

Five SVX on ebay at present.

Must be some sort of a record.

I'm going to email the winning bidder on each one and tell them about the club.

ItsPeteReally 03-20-2006 06:07 AM

It must be time to revive the U-R-A-BUS joke, nothing for ages, and then five come along at once :D

What's the betting that none of them make their reserve?

intelisevil 03-20-2006 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha
Must be some sort of a record.

I'm going to email the winning bidder on each one and tell them about the club.

Why not email all of the bidders?

Dan

AppStateSVX 03-20-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsPeteReally
It must be time to revive the U-R-A-BUS joke, nothing for ages, and then five come along at once :D

What's the betting that none of them make their reserve?

i'm glad that joke isn't too popular Stateside.......;)

never heard it actually till just now:cool:

b3lha 03-20-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
Why not email all of the bidders?

Dan

Thanks for volunteering. ;)

Jamsvx 03-21-2006 09:54 AM

I can't commit to a purchase of one until I know what is happening work wise, however, I cry at the PC every night looking at them!

James

Maineman1963 03-21-2006 01:03 PM

Have been looking for a good white SVX to sit next to my black one. Will be good to see what sort of reserves they have , does anybody know any of the cars currently listed ? The J reg maroon one , first SVX, seems to reappear every few months , wonder why ?? Stored problems as believe it is near to 170k miles ?

b3lha 03-21-2006 03:57 PM

The maroon "Autocar road test" SVX was at our Devon meeting in 2002. The current owner is a member here I believe.

It's currently in Egham, only about 20 minutes drive from me, so if anyone is seriously thinking of bidding, I'd be happy to go and look it over for them this weekend.

I don't know any of the other cars.

b3lha 03-25-2006 07:32 AM

Check out this silver beauty, 1993 version E special edition (with ABS,Cruise,Sunroof,Airbag), 53K miles (allegedly).

CXW-004034 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4625435478

Andy 03-26-2006 03:32 AM

I take it that it is an import, but looks very clean and unmolested.

Maineman1963 03-26-2006 08:42 AM

Seems a genuine car , have put a low sighting bid in. Will go and have a look as 20 miles or so away from me depending on how the bidding goes over the week but no reply from the seller yet....................

svxistentialist 03-26-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha
Check out this silver beauty, 1993 version E special edition (with ABS,Cruise,Sunroof,Airbag), 53K miles (allegedly).

CXW-004034 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4625435478

That's the one in Solihull.

The guy does not spare the write-up.:eek: It is one of the more comprehensive marketing blurbs I've seen in a while. HE should have been in Subaru marketing when the cars were new, there might be a few more of them around now!:rolleyes:

It's also one of the best presented models for a while. Looks very, very clean. For a Japanese market car, it is fully loaded, which is unusual for a CXW model without the 4WS. It has driver airbag, sunroof, ABS and cruise control. Very little short of the UK spec really.

The only negative I see is the state of the engine bay. Looks thoroughly corroded by salt. My Black Betty UK car is the same, I'm currently cleaning it up incrementally.

Road salt must be extremely cheap over there, the way your councils lash it around!;) :p

I thought this might be a good one for James to look into? Whaddya say James?

Joe:)

Maineman1963 03-26-2006 10:05 AM

Joe yes had noticed the engine bay ! Aim to have a look and will report back on here. Too many sellers on Ebay tell you next to nothing and don't know how to sell ! This one you cannot fault for information , overload !!! Car looks very good and if genuine i would follow up as you pointed out it is well spec'd. Been in the UK seems for 3 years which is not a lot to get the salt corrosion under the bonnet unless it doubled up as a salt spreader. The Councils tend to either not salt when they need to or cover the road and cars with it ! My 95 SVX suffered salt corrosion on the wheels yet this one look good, maybe refurb'd I guess.

Summary; on paper seems worth a punt if the mileage / condition is genuine !

svxistentialist 03-26-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineman1963
Joe yes had noticed the engine bay ! Aim to have a look and will report back on here. Too many sellers on Ebay tell you next to nothing and don't know how to sell ! This one you cannot fault for information , overload !!! Car looks very good and if genuine i would follow up as you pointed out it is well spec'd. Been in the UK seems for 3 years which is not a lot to get the salt corrosion under the bonnet unless it doubled up as a salt spreader. The Councils tend to either not salt when they need to or cover the road and cars with it ! My 95 SVX suffered salt corrosion on the wheels yet this one look good, maybe refurb'd I guess.

Summary; on paper seems worth a punt if the mileage / condition is genuine !

Yeah it does look good.

Report back! We'ld love to hear the story.

:) :)

Maineman1963 04-08-2006 01:21 PM

Due to work commitments could not get to see the Solihull SVX sold on Ebay for £2550 in the end. Car seemed good but there was no history with it. Anyone know who bought it and was it as good as it appeared to be ? The maroon Autocar SVX is back up and at £650 but has gearbox problems and leaks so costly to put right and a bit untidy ( rusty sunroof etc).

Im looking for another so anyone know a good genuine one i might be interested. Would be good to get the low down on the different specs for Jap cars compared to UK spec as only have a UK car.