The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone dealt with this Shop (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29241)

SVX92-97 10-29-2005 02:13 AM

Anyone dealt with this Shop

Has anyone dealt with Delmar Auto Parts on BiState Boulevard in Delmar Maryland. This is the guy who sold me the red 96 Lsi on ebay, and totally exaggerated the condition of the car. He says his name is Buck Jones, sounds like an alias to me. Anyone here heard anything about this place or can share any info. The Maryland Better Business Bureau shows a few complaints on him, should have done my homework before I bid. Oh well! :(

rvnmaniac 10-29-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92-97
Has anyone dealt with Delmar Auto Parts on BiState Boulevard in Delmar Maryland. This is the guy who sold me the red 96 Lsi on ebay, and totally exaggerated the condition of the car. He says his name is Buck Jones, sounds like an alias to me. Anyone here heard anything about this place or can share any info. The Maryland Better Business Bureau shows a few complaints on him, should have done my homework before I bid. Oh well! :(

I'm in Md but never heard of the guy. How much exagerration was there?

Electrophil 10-29-2005 10:40 AM

Is Buck Jones the name you got for payment info?

ensteele 10-29-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvnmaniac
I'm in Md but never heard of the guy. How much exagerration was there?

For that information, go to this thread to find out the informaiton. :(

Electrophil 10-29-2005 11:29 AM

Thanks Earl, I remember this one now. It was the obvious rebuild. My gosh, this guy didn't even clear the Salvage title before selling the car!! That isn't even legal in Nevada! (Unless the car plans on staying a parts car.)

This is horrible. :mad:

SVX92-97 10-30-2005 12:35 PM

96 Lsi from ebay

I wired this guy the money thru my credit union, to his bank, Bank of America, payable to DAP, which I assume stands for Delmar Auto Parts. He is bascially a scrap yard, the place has a eight foot tall wooden fence all around the yard, a one bay garage, and a dinky little office. There must be two-three hundred junked cars in the back of all makes. He says he has two svx parts cars, but I didnt see them back there nor really look for them, as it was pouring rain and all out lousy day last Tues. the 25th. The thing that strikes me peculiar is that he claims he had no idea the pass. side airbag was missing, yet he claims he has two mint showroom svx's that he doesnt even register that sit in his house. Yeah, right, and my name is Pinocchio. If he is such an expert on svx's, than he would never be selling a car with missing and mismatched colored parts, unless he was deliberately trying to screw someone over, and that someone is yours truly unfortuneately. I read the ebay $20,000 protection policy, but it states something that it does not cover salvaged vehicles. I dont believe I fully understood it, does anyone or can anyone tell me for sure. Should I wait and see if he makes good on the clear title and all the missing and wrong colored parts he promised for free, or should I seek action thru ebay or some other authority. I read online, that the Federal government does not require shops to install airbags on cars with a salvaged title. Anyone know anything about this. :confused: :( :mad:

ensteele 10-30-2005 02:16 PM

Did it say that it has a salvage title when he posted it on ebay. If not, he did not disclose that it had one. Anyone would think it had a clear title if it was listed as so. I would let ebay know about this. :(

svxcess 10-30-2005 02:33 PM

This is sketchy territory. In the ebay ad he states:

THIS CAR HAD SALVAGE HISTORY IN THE PAST BUT NOW HAS A CLEAR TITLE. IT HAS A PERFECT TRANSMISSION. NO WORRIES HERE.

But the title Dan has says it currently has a salvage title. The seller implies that it was in the salvage category at one time, was rebuilt, inspected and now has a clear title.

Again, here is the link to the ebay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4580521954

Manarius 10-30-2005 03:53 PM

I think it's time to take it to the guy who sold you this car. It was clearly misrepresented on Ebay, and now it's time to go in for the kill.