The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   clear headlights installed! - pics (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10522)

Landshark 05-04-2003 02:49 PM

clear headlights installed! - pics

1 Attachment(s)
here's some pics.........

Landshark 05-04-2003 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

SVXRide 05-04-2003 04:06 PM

Very nice! Have you driven at night with them yet? Any noticeable difference in the high or low beam patterns? You'll need to post after you've been running with them for a couple of months - I'm interested in how they're going to stand up to rain and assorted road 'grunge' that smacks against them.

Pure_Insanity8 05-04-2003 04:50 PM

They look great Alan! So does your paint job... was this after a wash and polish? Are you going to put on some headlight protectors, like that 3M vinyl stuff?

Landshark 05-04-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8
They look great Alan! So does your paint job... was this after a wash and polish? Are you going to put on some headlight protectors, like that 3M vinyl stuff?
already had the 3M protectors on, and then removed them. this is the second time i've tried them (on WRX before) and they looked like crap. the WRX's were really hard to do - complex, round, curved headlight. the SVX's went on without all the bubbles, but they weren't CLEAR. they were all hazy-looking. i've wasted enough money on them :mad: i'll just keep after the lights with the plastic polish.

the Silverstar bulbs are A W E S O M E !!!!! haven't really drove at night yet. they still need to have the height adjusted.

FifthElement 05-04-2003 08:09 PM

I'm still not down with how they clash with the sides.

Brian Steel 05-04-2003 11:34 PM

Alan,
You did a very nice job and they look great!

ensteele 05-05-2003 01:09 AM

They look great, and so does the car! What is the color of it? Looks like a brown in the pics. :)

Landshark 05-05-2003 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
They look great, and so does the car! What is the color of it? Looks like a brown in the pics. :)
:D that is a rare factory color, Metallic Dung Brown.
i think its just reflections from my house colors (and a poor digital camera). its actually Ebony Pearl.

SVX10 05-07-2003 06:07 PM

The ebony pearl has a sort of brown reflection to it in the right light...but i think the pics look pretty black.

The lights look good. Too bad my clear lenses corners are going so poorly....they'd look good together :-)

Crash 05-07-2003 10:52 PM

nice

Very nice, I hope to be doing the same thing to mine soon. The hood emblem is a touch.

ensteele 05-07-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

... that is a rare factory color, Metallic Dung Brown.
i

Allan - I hope that a giant dung beatle doesn't try to roll your car down the road when you aren't lookin' :D

Landshark 05-08-2003 03:56 PM

Re: nice

Quote:

Originally posted by Crash
The hood emblem is a touch.
:confused: if you're referring to mine, its just the stock emblem. i'll have the JDM Alcyone emblem on soon. Lwin......? :confused: ;)

Pure_Insanity8 05-08-2003 04:22 PM

Re: Re: nice

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

:confused: if you're referring to mine, its just the stock emblem. i'll have the JDM Alcyone emblem on soon. Lwin......? :confused: ;)

I'll trade 'ya my JDM hood emblem and corners (you wanna get those too, right?)... for your tranny.:D

Landshark 05-08-2003 04:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: nice

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

I'll trade 'ya my JDM hood emblem and corners (you wanna get those too, right?)... for your tranny.:D

no! i lika my tranny! i already paid for the emblem and clear corners...........right, Lwin? oh, L w i n......

(just kiddin' ya, Lwin. so where are they? :D )