The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX World Network floor mats (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45566)

apocalixto 07-21-2008 10:25 PM

SVX World Network floor mats

Hey,

I was thinking about producing some SVX World Network floormats for people. It would be something I would want a couple different people to go in with me on. I will be having them made...but this will be the basic idea.

It will be the floormat for whatever color interior, with the SVX World Network logo put on it. I didn't know if that is something people would be interested in. I am going to get mine and when I do I will have pictures to post...but let me know what you all think.

Calixto

Hondasucks 07-22-2008 12:00 AM

Re: SVX World Network floor mats

That would rock, although I'd be happy with some that just said "SVX" since my car has one crappy generic floor mat in it, that never stays put...

huck369 07-22-2008 05:18 AM

You'll have to get permission to use the SVX World Network Logo...

But would be pretty cool.....

RSVX 07-22-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 557204)

^ What he said.

SilverSpear 07-22-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 557205)
^ What he said.

Which can happen only if the mods/admins/officers... and the one who just mentioned that idea, all get a free set of mats :D

svxcess 07-22-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 557204)

But would be pretty cool.....

Here are portions of the official SVXWN Logo Declaration of Facts and Guidelines

Fact Four:
The SVXWN logo is only to be used within the organization, in a manner that is agreed upon by a majority of the Network Officers. Any other use of this logo, outside the organization, has to be unanimously approved by a majority of the Officers of the SVXWN.

Fact Five:
As stated above, the graphic designer ("me") relinquished all current and future rights as to the logo’s use. The only exception that remained within his control was that any future revisions or changes to this logo were to be done only by the graphic designer, as to maintain the logo’s original integrity. This included the revision of any of the elements, text changes, colors, etc.

A long as the quality and and the faithfulness to the original design was there, it may be something that could be looked into. There are many small elements on the design that may become lost when translated into making quality floor mats.

I also am not sure if I would like using our network logo on mats for catching mud, dirt, etc.

Do you have a company website or other information?

On a somewhat related note, Marisa "cozykat" had been dealing with a manufacturer for getting exact reproductions of the factory floor mats, accurate down to the last detail. Finding the exact shades of gray and beige to use has proved problematic in the past. I was going to send them one of my brand new sets of factory floor mats as a template for color, thread color for the embroidered SVX, etc.

ensteele 07-22-2008 08:43 AM

I agree, I don't know if I like the idea of putting ones feet on the logo, and having dirt and getting dirty all of the time. :o

SilverSpear 07-22-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 557214)
I was going to send them one of my brand new sets of factory floor mats as a template for color, thread color for the embroidered SVX, etc.

Any idea about the cost involved? Timeline? etc...

lhopp77 07-22-2008 09:21 AM

I actually think sets with the Alcyone symbol would be more popular than about anything. JMO

Lee

apocalixto 07-22-2008 10:42 AM

hey everybody...

thanks for everybody's input. I will definitely look into a few different ideas.

sincerely,
calixto

and of course...the admins who vote for the idea WILL get free floor mats!

SilverSpear 07-22-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalixto (Post 557232)
hey everybody...

thanks for everybody's input. I will definitely look into a few different ideas.

sincerely,
calixto

and of course...the admins who vote for the idea WILL get free floor mats!

Then you will have no profit behind it since Earl alone has... :lol:

apocalixto 07-22-2008 08:37 PM

ok...fine...one set for each admin haha....(good point!)