The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   need help to finding/reading ABS code (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62060)

Jvan 08-25-2013 04:24 PM

need help to finding/reading ABS code

My ABS light has been going on in my 95 after having the driver's side rear wheel bearing replaced. I thought the ABS box is located under the carpet under the passenger side but I can't find it. Again, I thought the ABS box was under the carpet under the passenger front seat but I looked and don't see anything. I removed the little drawer and felt around but couldn't feel anything. To lift the carpet, I'd need to remove the front passenger seat but that doesn't seem right. Am I looking in the wrong place. Does anyone have a photo of the ABS box and it's location? I need help.

RojoRocket 08-25-2013 06:13 PM

Re: need help to finding/reading ABS code

FSM shows Electronic Control Unit located under passenger side seat, so you're on the right track. Instructions call for removal of the seat to access it, under lower right side of the seat.

Glenn

svxcess 08-25-2013 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE

There should be a flap in the carpet that you can lift up to see the LEDs

See page 71 of the manual for an illustration of where to look. Click HERE

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1377479550

Jvan 08-25-2013 07:38 PM

Thanks, guys. I think I remember seeing the flap but I thought it was just to access a bolt for removal of the seat. I hope the RojoRocket is wrong about removing the seat. I hope that i can see the LEDS thru the flap. Removal of the seat seems like an inconvenient way of reading the LEDS. I'll check it to morrow before the rain returns. Thanks again.

svxfiles 08-25-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvan (Post 727627)
Thanks, guys. I think I remember seeing the flap but I thought it was just to access a bolt for removal of the seat. I hope the RojoRocket is wrong about removing the seat. I hope that i can see the LEDS thru the flap. Removal of the seat seems like an inconvenient way of reading the LEDS. I'll check it to morrow before the rain returns. Thanks again.

John is once again correct.
sigh.
And if you slide the passenger seat all of the way forward,
lift the flap,
you can easily read the number of times the red light flashes.:)
go to Earthworms site to read the "How to."

RojoRocket 08-25-2013 08:40 PM

Yep, John has the annoying habit of reading for content. :o I made the mistake of reading the thread, ignoring the thread title. Right again John. ;) But, you knew that.

Glenn

svxfiles 08-25-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 727630)
Yep, John has the annoying habit of reading for content. :o I made the mistake of reading the thread, ignoring the thread title. Right again John. ;) But, you knew that.

Glenn

Dremel abusing, always right bastige!:eek:

Jvan 09-05-2013 06:16 PM

I'd like to speak to the designer/engineer who thought that under the passenger seat was a convenient place to put the ABS light. Trying to squeeze behind the seat back and lift the flap and read the blinking light was a genuine
pain in the ass. After much difficulty bending into a pretzel, I was finally able to count the blinking light. Thanks everyone.

svxfiles 09-05-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvan (Post 727985)
I'd like to speak to the designer/engineer who thought that under the passenger seat was a convenient place to put the ABS light. Trying to squeeze behind the seat back and lift the flap and read the blinking light was a genuine
pain in the ass. After much difficulty bending into a pretzel, I was finally able to count the blinking light. Thanks everyone.

:confused:
I am usually about 220 healthy pounds(:o)
and
have a GREAT respect for those who put it there.
I have said that it was the coolest thing that SVXers never knew about their SVX!