The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   factory spoiler? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34163)

92SVXLS-LDC 07-12-2006 01:17 PM

factory spoiler?

is there more than 1 factory spoiler... (besides the jdm one???) i went to the salvage lot, and saw a black with a very factory looking spoiler, more of a bridge type spoiler, and a little smaller, with three mounting points instead of two... i'll take a picture next time i go there....

-drew

SVXRide 07-12-2006 01:42 PM

jdm and usdm are the only "stock" rear spoilers...
-Bill

92SVXLS-LDC 07-12-2006 01:45 PM

that was what i thought! but i walked by it, didnt think anything of it... then double-taked..took? double-took... and realized what was there... i have to get a picture, it looks pretty decent on there... maybe somebody would be interested in it? somethin different? especially if you already have a black car... i will see if i can get pictures by the end of the week...

SubaSteevo 07-12-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92SVXLS-LDC
that was what i thought! but i walked by it, didnt think anything of it... then double-taked..took? double-took... and realized what was there... i have to get a picture, it looks pretty decent on there... maybe somebody would be interested in it? somethin different? especially if you already have a black car... i will see if i can get pictures by the end of the week...

There was a discussion about this in a recent thread regarding an ebay car. The spoiler you described was apparently a "dealer installed" option (kinda like how some cars got a dealer installed sunroof, but were not equiped with one from the factory. So it's not an OEM spoiler, and I've never seen one with that spoiler, but the car was probably purchased like that.

92SVXLS-LDC 07-12-2006 01:58 PM

thats really interesting... do you think its worth takin' from the yard??

SubaSteevo 07-12-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

thats really interesting... do you think its worth takin' from the yard??

I'm not a big fan of it personally, but if it's cheap and you like it go for it.

92SVXLS-LDC 07-12-2006 02:25 PM

i'm sure it wouldnt be cheap... i told him i wanted a pair of yellowed headlights and he quoted me 200... and 100 for a waterfall grille... he's mistaking rarity for demand... (not a huge demand for svx parts in elk river..) i'm one of a few that might patronize his place...

-drew

SubaSteevo 07-12-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

i'm sure it wouldnt be cheap... i told him i wanted a pair of yellowed headlights and he quoted me 200... and 100 for a waterfall grille... he's mistaking rarity for demand... (not a huge demand for svx parts in elk river..) i'm one of a few that might patronize his place...

-drew

:eek:

But like I said, if you really like it go for it, because you might not have much of a chance at finding another.

I personally prefer the JDM spoiler or clean.

92SVXLS-LDC 07-12-2006 03:30 PM

it was mostly just the idea that there are more "stock" spoilers out there that amazed me... the spoiler looked pretty decent, but i like mine just fine, and jdm would be my first choice also, but too much money for not fixin anything mechanical...

momzsvx 07-13-2006 04:45 AM

waterfall grill

You mentioned you need a waterfall grill ??? PM I have one