The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New (to me) '92 Pearl White touring (pics)! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16383)

Michael Blue 02-12-2004 03:42 PM

New (to me) '92 Pearl White touring (pics)!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there!

I always loves the Guigiaro design of these cars, and the long list of equipment and power that they have, but I had never driven one until we traded it in last week at the dealership I work at.

I hate to admit it, but if it hadn't been pearl white, I may not have fallen in love with it the way I have, but lucky for me, it was the right car, in the right color, at the right time, at the right price...and now she's MINE!

120Kmi, new trans, new wheel bearings, everything works (once I figured out the tilt wheel :rolleyes: ) ...and it goes like stink!

"Poor man's Carerra 4", indeed!

This one has the touring package, and I believe has every available US option for '92.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and show her off a bit...

Thanks for this awesome resource for my new baby!

Uncamitzi 02-12-2004 03:46 PM

Re: New (to me) '92 Pearl White touring (pics)!

Quote:

Originally posted by Michael Blue
Hi there!

I always loves the Guigiaro design of these cars, and the long list of equipment and power that they have, but I had never driven one until we traded it in last week at the dealership I work at.

I hate to admit it, but if it hadn't been pearl white, I may not have fallen in love with it the way I have, but lucky for me, it was the right car, in the right color, at the right time, at the right price...and now she's MINE!

120Kmi, new trans, new wheel bearings, everything works (once I figured out the tilt wheel :rolleyes: ) ...and it goes like stink!

"Poor man's Carerra 4", indeed!

This one has the touring package, and I believe has every available US option for '92.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and show her off a bit...

Thanks for this awesome resource for my new baby!

WoW! welcome to the group...

I don't remember anyone coming in with pictures first!!!

wawazat?? 02-12-2004 03:50 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

Todd

Michael Blue 02-12-2004 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the rear...

petesvx2 02-12-2004 03:53 PM

Welcome! I'm REALLY into the white trunk lid/spoiler. Looks really good!:)

shelfy 02-12-2004 03:57 PM

let me be the first to say that your wheels are on correctly. usually, it's the first thing we have to tell a newbie. :(

Uncamitzi 02-12-2004 04:29 PM

My pearlie (may she rest in peace)

Quote:

Originally posted by Michael Blue
Here's the rear...
Also has a white wing!:D
yeah, all it needs now is a new engine and tranny.... :rolleyes:

Seraph 02-12-2004 05:17 PM

This is the second all white SVX I've seen. I want to see in in person too.

:D

greg 02-12-2004 09:53 PM

What?

Whats the story with the white boot? I thought that all the '92s had the black boot and spoiler?

Has it been painted or did some come that way in '92?

My first SVX was Peal and it had the black roof and the black boot and spoiler.

:confused:

~G

Seraph 02-12-2004 10:00 PM

Re: What?

Quote:

Originally posted by greg
Whats the story with the white boot? I thought that all the '92s had the black boot and spoiler?

~G

Yepp that's a repaint. But I like it.

shelfy 02-12-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

~G

you are correct for USDM SVXs, except for the teal SVX; they were all that colour. at least that is my understanding. :rolleyes:

T.McCaw 02-13-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

~G

Mine has the black roof and the black boot and spoiler. Someday I will get some pics in here. Today would have been good. Outside temp at lunch, windows down, roof open 10c or 50F

Tom

LarryIII 02-13-2004 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
Welcome! I'm REALLY into the white trunk lid/spoiler. Looks really good!:)

Pete,

I love your new avatar.
I just picked up a 2-DVD set of 100 years of Yankees History .
I found it in (of all places) the supemarket. It was on the sale rack for $19.95.
It's my Valentines Day present to me. I haven't viewed it yet. It's on my schedule for this Sun. afternoon.

The infield's looking a bit porous with Giambi at first base. I hope he doesn't do an imitation of 'Marvellous Marv Thronberry.'
He was the origial first baseman with "stone hands."
I sure hop they get some good lefty starters. Yankee Stadium requires left hand pitchers.

LarryIII 02-13-2004 05:05 AM

Mike Blue,

Welcome to our SVX family.

I am also head over heels agog about Pearlies.
You may notice that in my signature.
I hope you get as much joy from your SVX as I have from mine.

Michael Blue 02-13-2004 06:10 AM

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I noticed it was monochomatic when it pulled in, and instantly thought it was a later model, and would be out of my price range, so when the owner said it was a '92, I flipped! Reason tells me it has to be a repaint, but whoever did it matched the pear perfectly, which is very difficult with this type of color. From the colors, to the grain of the pearl to the flip in the light...and it matches the rest of the car exactly.
I've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, and it shows no sign of repair or previous damage either...so I'm stumped.

When I go out to the garage to go to work, I always get a huge grin on my face when that pearl white beauty greets me out there...

Thanks!