The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Manifold air pressure sensor associated to PCV?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15584)

drivemusicnow 01-12-2004 03:05 PM

Manifold air pressure sensor associated to PCV??

My CE light came on, pulled the code p0106 i beleive, which is a MAP sensor code. I was wondering if this could be at all associated with a clogged or bad pcv valve? i'm going to be looking for some cracked/loosened hoses, but the other symptoms my car has are; the oil dipstick pops out after driving (possibly connected?) and my alternator seems to be going... soon to be gone... (anybody have an extra they'd like to sell me??) i just had the code pulled at autozone, and their price for an MAP sensor is about 240$, so i'm wondering what I should do. anybody have any experience with this???

Stevebsy 01-12-2004 05:34 PM

Umm hang on...

Are you sure they're not talking about a MAF?

The SVX has a MAP sensor embeded in the main ECU. It is not replaceable. I'm talking about pre OBD-II models here ie 92, 93, and maybe 94 and 95. The later models may differ. (edit I see your is one of the later models)

Recheck the code numbers again and see what it says...

drivemusicnow 01-12-2004 06:21 PM

same code came up twice... P0106.... Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem , thats what was on the screen... now i'm really freaked out... would i have to replace the entire damn ECU, I don't know if it was an error in the sensor, or just that sensor was giving bad readings, indicating something else is wrong....

Stevebsy 01-12-2004 07:15 PM

The EFI system for the OBD-II cars is probably different than the older ones. You need to find the later supplements for the factory service manuals to see whats up I guess.

CDG 01-12-2004 10:35 PM

Check around, I beleive that code comes up with drastic changes to environment/Fuel/Altitude changes.

I saw a post about this, or maybe one of the Mountain SVXers told while I drove West from DC.

drivemusicnow 01-13-2004 07:45 AM

yeah, but there really haven't been any drastic changes in weather or altitude.... i mean, i've been within about 50 square miles for about 4-5 months straight now... it has gotten REALLY cold on two mornings, like about -5 degrees or so, but i didn't think that would be a problem.

Bobb 01-13-2004 08:40 AM

PCV

Hi Drivemusicnow, There are posts about the dip stick popping up. The PCV is dead. I had the 60k service done on my 2000 Legacy and one of the things they do is replace the PCV. Does your SVX start right up when it is -5? If it doesn't it might be the temp sensor. Did you plug into the OBDII plug to get your reading? The OBDII is much better than OBDI. When very cold you may need to also give it some throttle pedal when starting. Take care, BOBB

Earthworm 01-13-2004 09:48 PM

I also agree with the PCV valve needing replacing. The part is cheap but be patient when replacing it or it will frustrate you.

You may also need "The SVX PCV Tool" to make the change go smooth.