The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best SVX Promo Video Ever! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37122)

SubaRyu 01-23-2007 09:24 PM

Best SVX Promo Video Ever!

Never seen this one, and it's good! I had no idea that such a nice video existed. Anybody here posted this one on the google video? I'm very glad somebody did it.

SVX Promo Video

Budfreak 01-23-2007 09:40 PM

Man, I wish we had that climate control and stereo. The heated seats and power folding mirrors would be nice too. Man.....The U.S. got screwed when it came to the SVX.:(:D

SSSVX 01-23-2007 10:11 PM

It is nice and long, 17mins too.

Do JDM models have 240ps and VT-4WD? :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing anyway. :)

SubaRyu 01-23-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
Man, I wish we had that climate control and stereo. The heated seats and power folding mirrors would be nice too. Man.....The U.S. got screwed when it came to the SVX.:(:D

I totally agree. SVX in US are not that luxurious. JDM and US SVX are very different in details. That's why there's price difference also. With fully equipped SVX in JP that time, it costed about $35000 or more. I thought it was just yen/dollar exchange that time to have the price difference, but there was reason why US SVX are less expensive than JDM SVX. Sounds like we don't even have that VTD 4WD...US version uses ACT4, which was carried over from Subaru XT. No 4WS, No heated seats, no powered mirror, less HP. Later models in JP have better speakers but our later ones don't....

Things we do have and JDM don't are...powered seatbelt, headlight angle adjuster..? Maybe more?

SubaRyu 01-23-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX
It is nice and long, 17mins too.

Do JDM models have 240ps and VT-4WD? :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing anyway. :)

Yes, and I guess we don't have both....:(

Someday I wanna test drive JDM SVX in Japan.

dcarrb 01-24-2007 06:12 AM

Makes me want to go for a long, brisk drive.

Kate Bush's "Don't Give Up" in the soundtrack!? That's downright bizarre.

dcb

Ricochet 01-24-2007 06:56 AM

That was relaxing.. can't wait to take a nice long cruise when I get home.

btw I remember that "hoo ha" song being in a movie where people are getting ready for a war or something..

rallyingrob 01-25-2007 05:28 PM

ummmmmmm
headlight adjusters?

other than the ones under the hood...i havent noticed any.........?

(i had an 86 lada(!!) that had a knob low on the dash to the left of the steering column...turn it to adjust lights up/down depending on vehicle loading/rear spring sag...)
lol
simple cable actuator that moved lights via screw at rear of light units...

SVXMAN2001 01-25-2007 05:40 PM

that whole time i was waiting for "Relax don't do it!" I don't remember who sings it, but if you know that part you know what song i am talking about it. Good video though!

SomethingElse 01-25-2007 06:10 PM

one of the longest videos ive seen. U-tube doesnt have much to choose from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001
that whole time i was waiting for "Relax don't do it!" I don't remember who sings it, but if you know that part you know what song i am talking about it. Good video though!

Frankie goes to holywood

SVXMAN2001 01-25-2007 08:29 PM

haha I thought it was falco or something

NikFu S. 01-25-2007 08:57 PM

Too much awesome for one video.

Bwana 01-25-2007 11:06 PM

Shooting stars never stop! Even when they reach the top!!

SubaRyu 01-26-2007 12:23 AM

Ah now I see these SVX promo original videos parts by parts on Youtube. WITH ORIGINAL AUDIO!!! :D You can hear the actual engine sound as well as JP narration. Better soundtrack??? I don't know...... sounds really early Japanese 90s though.:)

Now you can find a lot on youtube, but particularly I would show this...because you can hear how they pronounce "Alcyone SVX" in Japan :D
Hear "Alcyone SVX"

So seems like Google bought off youtube?? Good to see many SVX videos out there..
Somebody has to post the movie clip from the movie "Loaded Weapon" too. I love that silver SVX drifting out to the street...

Alcyone Lunacy 01-29-2007 09:50 PM

Ryu is that a Ha-do-ken or a sho-ryu-ken! AWESOME VIDEO!(had to wait until I could get to a computer I could view it on)

How ever the clip you show on the "hear alcyone svx" is from the video I have titled "the story behing the SVX". That video you show is 2nd longest to the one I have(about 20 min). I wish I could post it but I have no idea how to get VHS onto my computer. Some of the footage between this and the video I have is redundant. But the video I have shows more about development. Shows the "mule XT6" on the track and a RWD svx and exactly how rear heavy it is(spinning out). For those who come to the 15th ann meet you may get to see in person. So come on, to see a unseen svx video, no distance is to far to go.(lafeyette,IN) No excuses for those not at the 15th!