The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parting is such sweet sorrow (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337)

petesvx2 07-31-2004 12:51 PM

Parting is such sweet sorrow

So yesterday was my last day with the SVX :(. I feel like my dog died or something. My new car is sitting at home though in my driveway! I just have to get off this base and find a ride up there! Anyway, I dont have alot of time, but I figured I'd let you all know. How do I get in the former SVX owner club?

SVX-FF 07-31-2004 06:33 PM

I'm sob..sob to hear wimper of your lose. all out balling

It is a sad day for you. There is no former SVXer club. All former and present and future owners are welcome here.
Good luck with you new car.

Save up for a nother SVX too.

Steve

jklmnopqrst 08-01-2004 03:51 PM

I definitely feel for you. I sold my SVX two weeks ago and, ever since, the feeling of regret has been eatiing me up inside. At least you have a new car in your driveway to account for!! My new mode of transportation is the Seattle Bus System... which really blows. The lesson I learned: you never truly appreciate something until it's taken away from you. In my case, it wasn't "taken away" but nonetheless you know what I mean.

deadeye95 08-01-2004 05:01 PM

I parted with my SVX last December. It needed work and I was unwiling to put the bucks into it (it was mine for 10 years). Sold it to a co-worker for a song for his daughter to drive. He did do some work and fixed the paint, that took some effort.

I got a real neat Honda Accord EX Coupe with leather and a V-6 last December. Mechanically a great car.

That's where the good part ends.........

The interior integrity of the Honda sucks. Noises from the headliner, a-pillar, b-pillar and c-pillar. The dealer tries to fix them but they never go away. The a-pillar has a creaking weld that is so irritating I've gone to the BBB for arbitration help. After 6 visits amounting to 32 days in the shop, Honda has decided that they will send an engineer out to take a look.

I hope that Honda quality on other vehicles is maintained until I can drive some of the depreciation off this thing and unload it while their reputation is still good.

Maybe Subaru will have another "depreciation monster" I can buy by then!

Oh yeah, my old SVX??? Still running in Las Vegas - no problems.

Break it first, then sell it......

PDSides 08-02-2004 06:12 PM

My SVX left me in 1999, five years ago and I miss her still. Won't ever buy another for the same reason I sold the original, age and arthritis made it too difficult to get in and out of the car. By far the best car I've ever owned. In my lifetime I've been owner of a host of machines, most best forgotten, but not the SVX. There must be something extra special about this car, something that keeps an old man dreaming of one.
Preston

Mr. Pockets 08-03-2004 09:19 AM

Preston! How are you, man? It's been ages since I've seen sign of you! How's everything going?

Aredubjay 08-03-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PDSides
My SVX left me in 1999, five years ago and I miss her still. Won't ever buy another for the same reason I sold the original, age and arthritis made it too difficult to get in and out of the car. By far the best car I've ever owned. In my lifetime I've been owner of a host of machines, most best forgotten, but not the SVX. There must be something extra special about this car, something that keeps an old man dreaming of one.
Preston

I think the allure, for most of us, was/is, not only the car, but the great people we've met through the "ether." Remembering the banter from the ol' Yahoo club and the crazies with whom I've had the great honor of maintaining some semblance of friendship (as much as one can over the internet), has certainly fortified my love for the car.

As one of the first to respond to me, when I joined, "way back when," you, Preston will always have a special place in my SVX heart. It's very good to hear from you.

As for "ex SVXers," there's simply no such thing.

Pete, my condolences. Now, can I stop feeling guilty about not sending the club stickers I promised (I've really meant to do it, honest).

To all who have owned, do own, and will own an SVX, the warning is clear: this car (and the camaraderie) is addictive.

ensteele 08-03-2004 01:33 PM

"To all who have owned, do own, and will own an SVX, the warning is clear: this car (and the camaraderie) is addictive."

I find that hard to believe! ;) :D :D

petesvx2 08-03-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Now, can I stop feeling guilty about not sending the club stickers I promised (I've really meant to do it, honest).

No you can't! I'll put them on the Acura!! :D

mark10t 08-03-2004 02:36 PM

Good to hear from you, Preston.

I can't imagine giving up my SVX at this point. I think when 'its time' I'll have a paint job done and go over the minor details like one of our fellow members did to celebrate his long-time 'affair' with his SVX. I really 'feel' for some of our members (like Astralbody/Victoria) that have circumstances that dictated they sell their beloved SVX's.

Mine's starting to show it's age, but it still drives like no other car I've ever had.

-Mark

Aredubjay 08-03-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2

No you can't! I'll put them on the Acura!! :D

Dangit! I still have your letter at home, with the address. I promise, I'll do it as soon as I can get around to it (is that vague enough?;) ).