The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thoughts on WRX Style Scoop (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18478)

huck369 05-05-2004 11:44 AM

Thoughts on WRX Style Scoop

Here is a pic of my SVX and a WRX scoop I was thinking about mounting on it.....it's just sitting there in this pic, it'll fit flusher if I mount it down.

Just wanting opions on how it looks.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...k369/17464.JPG

Chiketkd 05-05-2004 11:53 AM

I'm not a big fan of scoops on the SVX (as they don't flow with the car's lines) but that one isn't huge and obnoxious.

Not bad at all...

-Chike

jklmnopqrst 05-05-2004 11:56 AM

I like it!!!

SVXer95 05-05-2004 11:56 AM

I don't really like scoops on SVXs. They do not look bad, but I think they make the SVX look too much like other Subarus. The cool thing about the SVX is that it doesn't look like any other Suby.

Andy 05-05-2004 12:04 PM

.........only if it is for an intercooler.

SVXRide 05-05-2004 12:13 PM

what if you flipped it around?
-Bill (grew up with a '68 Camaro with a cowl induction hood...)

huck369 05-05-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXRide
what if you flipped it around?
-Bill (grew up with a '68 Camaro with a cowl induction hood...)

But I think the opening accents the 97 grill opening....

I grew up on Firebirds......mmmmm....shaker scoop....hehe :D

Mr. Pockets 05-05-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
.........only if it is for an intercooler.
I'm with Andy on this one. Since right now it looks like the scoop would only be for looks, I'm going to vote against it. If it's there for a reason, then you can assume I voted the other way. :p

But then, I hate your windshield banner. So it's clear that we have incompatible tastes anyway. ;)

huck369 05-05-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I'm with Andy on this one. Since right now it looks like the scoop would only be for looks, I'm going to vote against it. If it's there for a reason, then you can assume I voted the other way. :p

But then, I hate your windshield banner. So it's clear that we have incompatible tastes anyway. ;)

It would definitely be for looks only, but it is a "looks only", on the Outback Sports, RS, and Outback....I just like the look of a hood scoop, harkens back to my Muscle car days, I guess...

And for the windshield banner...I'm proud that it's a Subaru, as I am a Subaru Fan...not just an SVX fan, and I always liked the windshield banners (had a 83 Recaro Trans Am Daytona Pace Car, with the factory PONTIAC windshield banner, which got me liking them)...I know many people don't like them, which doesn't bother me.

Phast SVX 05-05-2004 01:51 PM

actually, to tell you the truth. i like the way it looks. i havnt really been a big fan of the scoop for the svx either...
phil

Mr. Pockets 05-05-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369

It would definitely be for looks only, but it is a "looks only", on the Outback Sports, RS, and Outback....I just like the look of a hood scoop, harkens back to my Muscle car days, I guess...

And for the windshield banner...I'm proud that it's a Subaru, as I am a Subaru Fan...not just an SVX fan, and I always liked the windshield banners (had a 83 Recaro Trans Am Daytona Pace Car, with the factory PONTIAC windshield banner, which got me liking them)...I know many people don't like them, which doesn't bother me.

I'm with you on that one, Huck - I'm a big Subaru fan, too. I'm just not a windshield banner fan. :)

RSVX 05-05-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
But I think the opening accents the 97 grill opening....
[/SIZE] :D

I agree with this statement, however, I would like to see a profile shot...

AppStateSVX 05-05-2004 05:39 PM

i LOVE the look of it, could you post a picture of it from the side????, i always wanted a scoop for the SVX, maybe you could make it functional to help cool the engine or maybe even possibly mount a tranny cooler there??? any of this possible?

NomadTW 05-05-2004 05:49 PM

yeah would be an interesting place for a trans cooler

it makes the car look crosseyed

Pure_Insanity8 05-05-2004 06:26 PM

Downside, it does make it look like other Subies a bit. Upside, it adds some needed flare to the front end of the car. A tack on one like that can't look good, I think. The one on the C/F hood that is incorporated into the hood looks good, though. Would be nice if it was functional, but would be some work for no real gains.