The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cruise controll on MT? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61287)

Alex-svx 02-08-2013 09:02 AM

Cruise controll on MT?

Just woundring can you get cruise controll to work on a MT svx?
And is that mutch work? and is the a set up do doo this?

It have been cool to get this work on my car when i take it out this summer.:cool:

icingdeath88 02-08-2013 09:27 AM

Re: Cruise controll on MT?

Yea it is doable. You need to have the clutch switch set up in place of the neutral safety switch, if it's not already. Other than that, it should work without any changes to the original setup. Make sure the hose from the cruise control vacuum pump is connected to the diaphragm that pulls the cruise throttle cable. Those often come off.

As it is now, does the car start only when you push the clutch pedal? And is it RHD or LHD?

North Ursalia 02-08-2013 01:40 PM

It does work fine- you do need the proper clutch pedal switch for it to function though. My 5-speed when I got it would start regardless of the pedal position (was wired across the switch) and the switch in it was closed at the wrong position for the cruise to work. Easy fix.

Conn SVX 02-08-2013 02:08 PM

Mine works like it was factory. Starts with clutch is pressed to the floor only ,and when in cruise if you touch the brake or clutch it cancels cruise.

Alex-svx 02-09-2013 03:44 PM

Ok. I have not test it i was sure i must have wired up to get this to work.
And my speedometer have also not work. (This work now):)
I have a LH car. and the car start whitout pressing the clutch pedal. :)

huck369 02-11-2013 08:23 AM

It was covered in my write up....

Alex-svx 02-11-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 719803)
It was covered in my write up....

I find it. :) But i not use clutch pedal to start the car.
I will try to see if the cruise work when i got the car on the road again.:cool:

huck369 02-11-2013 12:52 PM

You need to use a clutch pedal switch, or it will be unsafe to use the cruise, without the switch, if the cruise is engaged, and you push in the clutch, the motor will rev up, and possibly damage the motor...

Alex-svx 02-11-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 719807)
You need to use a clutch pedal switch, or it will be unsafe to use the cruise, without the switch, if the cruise is engaged, and you push in the clutch, the motor will rev up, and possibly damage the motor...

Ok then not try this until i get a switch ;)