The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subaru Credit Card? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7005)

svxeno 11-14-2002 04:16 PM

Subaru Credit Card?

Did anyone else get the Subaru credit card offer? You can get points toward Service, Parts, and accessories.

Makes you wonder if they feel a little guilty about our tranny's and windows and visors, and , and, and, Etc, Etc,..blah blah....

Randy (Timing belt soon...hmmmm) ii

Seraph 11-14-2002 04:19 PM

Hahahah.... I got one too. I filled it in but I have not send it in yet. I am thinking do I want another plastic card to deal with? :)

Lwin

SVXCAPE 11-14-2002 04:20 PM

Yep, got it yesterday, seems like a good deal, I'm sending mine in. :)

mohrds 11-14-2002 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXCAPE
Yep, got it yesterday, seems like a good deal, I'm sending mine in. :)
Hmmm,

I haven't gotten one. I guess I've tried too hard to stay off Subaru's junk mail list...

Doug

Earthworm 11-14-2002 05:28 PM

Wonder if it will be available in Canada? :D

I've got just a plain old CC with nothing special on it.

LarryIII 11-14-2002 07:03 PM

We got the credit card about a month ago and have used it almost exclusively. The APR is 2 % cheaper than our old ATT Mastercard.

LarryIII 11-14-2002 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
We got the credit card about a month ago and have used it almost exclusively. The APR is 2 % cheaper than our old ATT Mastercard.
This may be the result of the names & addresses that I collected & sent to SOA after the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.

Earthworm 11-14-2002 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

This may be the result of the names & addresses that I collected & sent to SOA after the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.

Hmmm...I'm sure my name was on that list. I want a card too :( :(

gcookaustin 11-14-2002 09:23 PM

I WISH I could get that credit card; I've applied for two others already and they turned me down. "No, we're sorry, you decided to save your money, live frugally, and not work three jobs and 87 hours a week to pay off the loan on a shiny new BMW and all your stuff is paid for so no we can't grant you a credit card." I mean, honestly!! But yeah I got the offer too but I'm not even going to bother sending it in; I'll just get rejected again..

Andy 11-15-2002 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gcookaustin
I WISH I could get that credit card; I've applied for two others already and they turned me down. "No, we're sorry, you decided to save your money, live frugally, and not work three jobs and 87 hours a week to pay off the loan on a shiny new BMW and all your stuff is paid for so no we can't grant you a credit card." I mean, honestly!! But yeah I got the offer too but I'm not even going to bother sending it in; I'll just get rejected again..
I know the problem. I have spent years trying to get a credit card, but continually turned down because I don't have a credit record. Makes it hard to buy on the internet without one though.

So I have recently solved the problem. Got myself a £1/2m mortgage and voila credit card offerings from everyone.

Andy

benebob 11-15-2002 07:55 AM

Subie Credit Card

I just got mine last week. It came with a nice 0% APR for balance transfers for 9 months. Hopefully that should help me pay the last of my Credit Card/School loan debt from college. Sure wish I had qualified for that nice Stafford loan about now. Haven't figured out if I get the 3% subie bucks on the loan tranfer. If so I just made almost $100 in the deal. I didn't get an offer but just applied at www.subaru.com

vzSvx 11-15-2002 09:09 AM

I got mine a month ago and transferred my balances at 0% for 9 months. It's a cool looking card :)

svx1999 11-15-2002 09:15 AM

larryiii

Hey Larry

Well I have not gotten any offers for a credit card from Subaru.
and I know my name was on the list..

Somehow I was hoping the Prezzzz of Subaru had Better ideas for OUR names, address and phone numbers..
then to turn it over to the mailing list..

come to think of it. I should have picked up one of his cards....
there were alot of things I should have done..
ok Next trip I arrive early and sleep for a day.......

take care all
happy Drive'n
SVX1999

nordique14 11-15-2002 07:26 PM

I think the application forms were sent out to registered owners. So if you didn't get one, you may want to check with subaru and make sure you are in their database as the registered owner (make sure the address is current too).

Cheers,
Matt

LarryIII 11-15-2002 07:53 PM

Re: larryiii

Quote:

Originally posted by svx1999
Hey Larry

Well I have not gotten any offers for a credit card from Subaru.
and I know my name was on the list..

Somehow I was hoping the Prezzzz of Subaru had Better ideas for OUR names, address and phone numbers..
then to turn it over to the mailing list..

come to think of it. I should have picked up one of his cards....
there were alot of things I should have done..
ok Next trip I arrive early and sleep for a day.......

take care all
happy Drive'n
SVX1999

He is the president of SIA, Subaru-Isuzu Automotive. Inc ; not Subaru of America, SOA. His name is Masayoshi Nagano.