The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   poll time booo ya' how do you like the new look (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24910)

Matthewmongan 03-08-2005 05:29 AM

poll time booo ya' how do you like the new look

anyone notice some changes in the forum?

seems to work better with the firefox

im afraid of change so it will have to grow on me but what do you think?

svxistentialist 03-08-2005 07:14 AM

I like it, and I am pretty sure we have only seen a part of its capabilities.

I use Firefox. With the old version it seemed to work better with IE. This version works OK with Firefox.

Anyone not liking the colour scheme being blue can instantly change the look of it at the bottom of the page by selecting vBulletin 2 default. This version is predominately grey and does not clash with our logo.

Joe :)

SilverSpear 03-08-2005 07:50 AM

I would have prefered the old grey instead of all the blue in the new interface

benebob 03-08-2005 08:22 AM

Much slower for my system. Colors definately wake ya up though. Still can't vote in a poll

svxistentialist 03-08-2005 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Much slower for my system. Colors definately wake ya up though. Still can't vote in a poll

If you have a slow data pipe, there are things you can turn off, such as the avatars and so on, that will speed it up for you.

As it is more graphics intensive than the old set-up, it will probably still be a little slower on a slow connection.

You can still speed things up via the user cp all the same. The ability to configure it the way you want it is a big plus in my books.

Joe

Aredubjay 03-08-2005 08:52 AM

Who moved my cheese? :D

Me likes. Though I probably won't see it again for a while. This whole "normal life" thing is highly overrated. :cool:

SubaSteevo 03-08-2005 08:54 AM

Wow, the change came out of nowhere! Me likey

svxistentialist 03-08-2005 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay
Who moved my cheese? :D

Me likes. Though I probably won't see it again for a while. This whole "normal life" thing is highly overrated. :cool:

Hey Randy,

Long time no see!! ;)

As a long-time companion of a couple of SVXs, you of all people ought to know that "normal life" goes out the window when an SVX and its attendant bills and complexity comes in the door.

Good to see ya!

Joe :D

Aredubjay 03-08-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Hey Randy,

Long time no see!! ;)

As a long-time companion of a couple of SVXs, you of all people ought to know that "normal life" goes out the window when an SVX and its attendant bills and complexity comes in the door.

Good to see ya!

Joe :D

The bills for the SVX pale in comparison to adding my newly licensed 16-year-old son to my insurance. :(

Sidewinder 03-08-2005 09:44 AM

I like the new forums. Although, I am not a huge fan of the colors. I would like to see something more in the red category. In fact, this might be one of those fourms where the users can customize the forums for whatever colors they like. We'll see. Looks good though!

svxistentialist 03-08-2005 09:55 AM

Rant. Part 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay
The bills for the SVX pale in comparison to adding my newly licensed 16-year-old son to my insurance. :(

16 Y/O on insurance!!

Randy, I'm surprised at you!

When we were 16, there was no insurance because there was no cars! We had to walk everywhere in bare feet, which was OK unless there was a blizzard, or in high summer when the tar oozed up between our toes.

Huntin' wimmin was confined to a 5 mile radius, which is about as far as we could walk home tired, drained and emotional! :rolleyes:

When are these kids gonna realise the sacrifices we did, the things we put up with to make the world the pleasure dome it is for them now?? yadda yadda yadda yadda

:D :D :D

{Just to keep life in perspective for you}

rmjjensen 03-08-2005 09:55 AM

I like it ...more like MP3car.com FINALLY THOUGH - the vBulletin we had was so old school. One thing i don't like is all the empty space at the top of posts (the part that has the avitar. Seems as though it's taking up a lot and makes it hard to actually read through a thread. I liked it towards the left of the post. Just my 2 cents.

At the bottom you can select vBulletin v2 to change the colors ....makes it a little easier to follow.

Shadow248 03-08-2005 10:26 AM

This is the format that LS1tech has been using since I joined. Always liked it alot better except for the missing PM notification. Maybe I can set that up, but I could never figure out how. I finally got in the habit of looking in the upper right to make sure I have no messages. LS1tech has the threads setup so that the user info is on the left of the post like our old v2 was. Maybe that's in userCP too. I don't know really.

I like the blue colors btw. Very soothing.

Shadow248 03-08-2005 10:34 AM

I just noticed that the "thread preview" function is missing. In LS1tech, when I place my cursor over the name of a thread, it shows the first four sentences of the thread in a yellow box. That doesn't work here.

svxcess 03-08-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
We had to walk everywhere in bare feet, which was OK unless there was a blizzard

Feet? YOU HAD FEET??? :eek: