The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   need u joints for driveshaft (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48515)

evilsvx 01-06-2009 10:39 AM

need u joints for driveshaft

as titled, i need the u joints for a 92 ls-l driveshaft. my cousin told me they dont sell them on the subaru dealser and the only place is aftermarket where i can get them. thanks

ShiuludeSVX 01-06-2009 11:17 AM

Re: need u joints for driveshaft

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilsvx (Post 580832)
as titled, i need the u joints for a 92 ls-l driveshaft. my cousin told me they dont sell them on the subaru dealser and the only place is aftermarket where i can get them. thanks

I just took a chance at buying a set from ebay...Th guy says that they can be replaced, but the originals are "staked" in. We will see what happens.
Are your's singing like mine have started to do? Otherwise, a Drive Shaft shop, or buy a new full assembly of the shaft.
My local dealer says he can get the whole assembly, but it's over $500

evilsvx 01-06-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 580842)
I just took a chance at buying a set from ebay...Th guy says that they can be replaced, but the originals are "staked" in. We will see what happens.
Are your's singing like mine have started to do? Otherwise, a Drive Shaft shop, or buy a new full assembly of the shaft.
My local dealer says he can get the whole assembly, but it's over $500

like you hear it after like ten minutes driving, is like a shaking thing. yeah. my cousin will check it. he said they can be taken out. i hope they are. im not spending 500 bucks for that. i rather save up a lot and swap it to stick. right now i just want it to drive properlly

SVX92-97 01-06-2009 01:03 PM

If the 94 Lsi are the same, I have them. Make offer.

ShiuludeSVX 01-07-2009 08:21 AM

Can anyone clarify whether or not these can be replaced, with a little talent????? I know the issue would be RPM balance, so I'm not forgetting that part.

SomethingElse 01-07-2009 03:54 PM

U CAN GET THEM from advance auto. they are approx 30 bux a piece. I would not recommend doing them without a shop press. It will take you hours to get that thing out unless u cut with something. have a great day

evilsvx 01-07-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX92-97 (Post 580874)
If the 94 Lsi are the same, I have them. Make offer.

im not sure, im new in the subaru world actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 581086)
U CAN GET THEM from advance auto. they are approx 30 bux a piece. I would not recommend doing them without a shop press. It will take you hours to get that thing out unless u cut with something. have a great day

cool, do u know how many of them i will need for the svx?

Blacky 01-07-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilsvx (Post 581103)
cool, do u know how many of them i will need for the svx?

From the schematic I believe there are 3 in total. 2 on the front shaft and 1 on the rear.

Hondasucks 01-07-2009 07:35 PM

They are staked in, you can replace them but usually only once maybe twice, then you run out of metal to stake, and you replace the shaft. Try and find one in a junkyard, chances are it'll be good, that's what I did when my front U-Joint took a dump in my SVX.

evilsvx 01-08-2009 02:56 PM

right now im just going to change the u joints. im saving for my 6sp swap right now

dannmarr 01-11-2009 08:46 AM

I had a shop rebuild mine. They cut and replaced the yokes so that a universal U-joint with a grease fitting could be installed. A balance was also needed after this type of work. It ran about $300 total.

ShiuludeSVX 02-28-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 581111)
From the schematic I believe there are 3 in total. 2 on the front shaft and 1 on the rear.

Only 2. One at the Spindle end, and one on the Differential end..
The Bearing in the middle does not use a joint on either side of it.