The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Who do you think will get the Democratic nomination? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15837)

upnygimp 01-21-2004 04:42 PM

Who do you think will get the Democratic nomination?

Please, don't let this become a flame war. I didn't intend this to become one, just a rational discussion about the upcoming election.

Ok, now that thats out of the way, Who do you think will get the Democratic nomination? And do you think that that candidate is strong enough

My personal favorite here is John Kerry. I love his platform, and he seems very genuine. Whether he is or not is to be found out, but he seems like a really charismatic guy who just wants to fix America. I mean, the man made his official announcement on The Daily Show, for cryin out loud. He seems like the candidate closest to the people. I think out of all of them, he stands the best chance of beating Bush come November. We'll pretty much know if he will get his chance in less than a week.

JLittell 01-21-2004 04:49 PM

Ross Perot??? Oh he was a neutral... I meant Dick Gephardt! (Duh!) I really think not one of those will stand a chance.. My 2 cents...

Green1995SVX 01-21-2004 04:55 PM

Though I'm a fan of Dean, I think that Kerry probably has the best chance of beating Bush. I think Dean may be a little too 'out there' for some undecided voters

mike

Landshark 01-21-2004 05:01 PM

i think Democrats are wacky, but i voted for Al Sharpton in the poll because he has a crazy hairdo.

upnygimp 01-21-2004 05:03 PM

Dean is way too insane for my tastes. Here's a pic I found from another forum.

http://weedclan.kicks-ass.net/pics/g...tyoursoul2.jpg

Mr. Pockets 01-21-2004 05:05 PM

Having lived in VT with Dean as governor, I refuse to vote for him.

Mr. Pockets 01-21-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
i think Democrats are wacky, but i voted for Al Sharpton in the poll because he has a crazy hairdo.
They're all wacky, and I can dig a choice like that. It's sort of like voting for a really crazy Bert.

upnygimp 01-21-2004 05:24 PM

Right.........but the man is a crackpot. I would much rather see Bush than Sharpton, believe you me.

Landshark 01-21-2004 05:29 PM

i would rather see anyone over these tax-and-spend Democrats. ;)

petesvx2 01-21-2004 05:30 PM

So far I think my vote's with Bush.

Green1995SVX 01-21-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
So far I think my vote's with Bush.
I would like to see any of the democrats in office over bush. Especially after last night's State of the Union address. Bush has just about the opposite opinion as me on everything.

Mike

Landshark 01-21-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Though I'm a fan of Dean, I think that Kerry probably has the best chance of beating Bush. I think Dean may be a little too 'out there' for some undecided voters

mike

hard to believe, Mike. haven't you seen what Mayor Smurfy has done to Pittsburgh? tax-and-spend until there's nothing left......

upnygimp 01-21-2004 05:37 PM

Well, ya know, its better than running an $1b/wk war. And giving massive tax cuts back. And then putting a lot of money into NASA/health care

Problem-Bush is spending and not taxing. It will take a looooong time to get that deficit back under control.

Green1995SVX 01-21-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

hard to believe, Mike. haven't you seen what Mayor Smurfy has done to Pittsburgh? tax-and-spend until there's nothing left......

I think bush has done a fine job in some areas, and i dont doubt his ability as a qualified president. He just has polar opposite ideas from myself about policies that are important to me.

Mike

Green1995SVX 01-21-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

He certainly hasnt been the finest mayor, that's for sure.

I'm a registered Democrat, but I'm the type to carefully review everyone running before they get my vote. I vote primarily based upon policy.

Mike