The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unusual SVX siting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6403)

stanbu815 10-11-2002 08:04 PM

Unusual SVX siting

Received my notice to get my SVX inspected for air quality. At lunch today, I went to the Illinois Inspection station and pulled up right behind....yes....it was a 92 Pearlie LS. They opened up another bay and asked me to move over and pull in. At the same time the Pearlie moved in. There, we had two SVX's side by side and it blew the minds of the Techies who do the test since they rarely see one let alone two.

I got out and introduced myself to "Bob". Nice guy, but didn't have a clue about our Club. His Pearlie had 130K and it was in great shape. I told him about the Club and give him the URL. Told him if he had any questions, he could post and get help. He told me he absolutely loved the car and didn't have any problems with it. I gave him a business card but he didn't appear anxious to share information. By that time, the tests were over and we were blocking the bays. I pulled out and thought we might talk some more but he pulled away.

I would given anything to have my camera with me but it was in my briefcase back in my office.:(

Yes...we both passed.:)

SubaSteevo 10-11-2002 09:19 PM

Inspection

The people at the local inspection station had never even seen an SVX before mine.

Ron Mummert 10-11-2002 09:33 PM

Stan - Did they run the cars on the AWD rollers, or did you put the FWD fuse in & do the 2 wheel torture?

Ron.

CopsodyX 10-11-2002 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Stan - Did they run the cars on the AWD rollers, or did you put the FWD fuse in & do the 2 wheel torture?

Ron.

why is that torture?

in ny, no true emissions are required for awd cars.

stanbu815 10-11-2002 10:05 PM

Unusual SVX siting

Ron-

I guess they have been sued for damage on AWD vehicles in the past . When I had my 92 Pearlie, they simply measured at the gas tank inlet and at the exhaust but they didn't spin the wheels. The 92 passed both times I took it in since I moved to Illinois. Earl the Pearl has the 92 now.

The new notice I received for my 96 said they would be plugging into the diagnostic connector for all cars 96 & newer. So, the Tech simply flipped open the connector compartment on my dash, connected his machine and said it Passed. No dynamometer. Painless..... Of course, not ever seeing a 96 SVX, I had to show him where the Connector was located. Oh, I forgot to mention, he still checked emissions at the gas tank inlet.

ensteele 10-11-2002 10:15 PM

Stan -

Did he know what Polo Green looked like. confused: I guess he does now! :D

stanbu815 10-11-2002 10:25 PM

I see I have awakened the two floppy eared hounds!!!!!!!:D :D :D

ensteele 10-11-2002 10:38 PM

Woof Woof :D :D :D :D