The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What did your company/ job give you for X-Mas? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15156)

JLittell 12-19-2003 01:44 PM

What did your company/ job give you for X-Mas?

Boy !! We sure might get a few laughs out of this thread....

I've be with my company (hotel industry) for almost TEN! years now.. Always got a nice little something extra for the holiday/ end of year gift in the past (some may call it a X-Mas Bonus!)

EXCEPT THIS YEAR!!....

I GOT A F***ing FRUIT BASKET MAILED TO MY HOME FROM THE COMPANY PRESIDENT!!! NO BONUS?? A FRUIT BASKET?? WHAT THE HELL??

So how many more of you got the ole shaft this year???

I remember in years past we used to give out frozen hams or turkeys to line employees..Mmm that didn't go over too well! :eek:

Don't get me wrong though, I know it can be worse!

SVXer95 12-19-2003 02:08 PM

I got a whopping fifty dollar bonus.

CigarJohnny 12-19-2003 02:18 PM

My place of employment was just purchased by a larger fish this month. As a gesture of good will each employee here will be receiving a ham and a pie.

Mmmm...ham and pie...

I hope it's spiral-cut HoneyBaked Ham but I kinda doubt it. :rolleyes: It is better than nothing and that it what I generally expect...nothing. That way I am always pleasantly surprised by the smallest of things and rarely disappointed.

Shot king 12-19-2003 02:30 PM

I got $100. Which is'nt bad considerin works real slow right now unfortunately it all went to the school loan this month:( .

Mr. Pockets 12-19-2003 02:39 PM

I don't think I've ever gotten any kind of holiday bonus.

But then we get a cut of the profits from the games we make, so I guess I could just not cash those bonus checks until the holidays. ;)

We were given the 26th and the 2nd off...I guess that's something. :rolleyes:

This is a good holiday bonus story:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/12/off....ap/index.html

My company did hold a big, fancy holiday party last night, complete with a very nice catered meal, an awards presentation and then an after-party at a bar afterwards. It was all very nice and we had a great time.

Darksied-X 12-19-2003 02:48 PM

Four days off...WITH NO F'IN PAY! Bastards!.:mad:

Oh yeah, and some crousonts (sp) yesterday. Yay.

Darksied-X 12-19-2003 02:51 PM

I'd have much rather had this bonus:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/15/off....ap/index.html

Hmmm...not too far from me. I wonder if I'm related to any of them.;)

wawazat?? 12-19-2003 03:15 PM

Re: What did your company/ job give you for X-Mas?

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Boy !! We sure might get a few laughs out of this thread....

I've be with my company (hotel industry) for almost TEN! years now.. Always got a nice little something extra for the holiday/ end of year gift in the past (some may call it a X-Mas Bonus!)

EXCEPT THIS YEAR!!....

I GOT A F***ing FRUIT BASKET MAILED TO MY HOME FROM THE COMPANY PRESIDENT!!! NO BONUS?? A FRUIT BASKET?? WHAT THE HELL??

So how many more of you got the ole shaft this year???

I remember in years past we used to give out frozen hams or turkeys to line employees..Mmm that didn't go over too well! :eek:

Don't get me wrong though, I know it can be worse!

Man John, this is the script from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation......EXACTLY!

[Randy Quaid in heinous dickey] Clark, it's the gift that keeps giving the whole year through. [/Randy Quaid in heinous dickey]

For my bonus this year I get to keep my job in 2004.

Enjoy your fruit.

Todd

benebob 12-19-2003 03:17 PM

A set of Falken Azenis tires for the XT was what I got. Had to clear out the accounts so that we end the year with zero profit to save being taxed as a company.:D Sounds like I made out pretty good. The place I used to work at gave a $50 bonus and a $10 gift card to a supermarket. They used to give out turkeys until they realized that most employees didn't have a need/room for a 18lbs bird.

JLittell 12-19-2003 03:17 PM

I hear that all the time!! "At least you get to keep your job"....Give me a damn break!

Really... I'd rather be told that there would not be a Christmas incentive this year than be mailed a bunch or bananas!! Really I think I would be able to accept the fact that there wouldn't be a bonus.. I think I just got slapped in the face with a box-o-fruit! (Thank goodness they didn't send it C.O.D!!) The card should have read: To: Mr. Littell From: Mr: Burns (from the Simpsons!)

(I feel so much better after venting!!) ;)

mohrds 12-19-2003 03:51 PM

I've got the same thing as I get every year. No bonus, no paid holidays, and an even bigger bill from the IRS.

Doug (Singing the self employment blues)

SHISVX 12-19-2003 03:57 PM

i got a 25 gift credit card...hrm

sucks!

Kelli

Andy 12-19-2003 04:04 PM

My boss is a tight bastard and if I am lucky I might get Christmas day off.

(but at least I get to shag the secretary)

wawazat?? 12-19-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
My boss is a tight bastard and if I am lucky I might get Christmas day off.

(but at least I get to shag the secretary)

What's your wife got to say about that Andy? oh, wait a minute...:D

upnygimp 12-19-2003 06:23 PM

Well, I officially get zip. I work in a supermarket, and I didnt get a single bonus. Of course, I've been on sort of a leave of absence for college, but since I'm starting work again next week, I get to work Christmas Eve. Yay for me I guess. Maybe I'll get some sort of profit-sharing since I've worked for over a year now, but I'm not holding my breath.