The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Oh The Horror!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13886)

SHISVX 10-20-2003 03:31 PM

Oh The Horror!!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=88311

:D
Kelli

mikecg 10-20-2003 04:41 PM

Cant open the picture, it just goes to the member sign in.

Shot king 10-20-2003 04:43 PM

No fun i can't access the area. Must know i'm a Jeep fanatic:mad:

Landshark 10-20-2003 04:50 PM

AHHH!!!! :eek: a Ford Explorer forum!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Darksied-X 10-20-2003 05:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, who else wants to join that network just to say: "Hey, your truck's suck! Buy a Subaru!":D

Subafreak 10-20-2003 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X
Just out of curiosity, who else wants to join that network just to say: "Hey, your truck's suck! Buy a Subaru!":D

ME!

Landshark 10-20-2003 05:32 PM

ask if they fixed dem explodin' tires yet.

"Hey Cletus! yer Exploder tires done blowed up again!"

mikecg 10-20-2003 07:23 PM

I'm not gonna rag on them. We got one at work that we use for the Beach Patrol. It rides nice, has good power, and a cool light bar w/ siren. Not to metion alot more ground clearance than anything Subaru currently makes. I dont think a Subaru would work for the beach patrol. Some of the sand gets a little deep. (Accually I usually look for the deep stuff) I get to cruise up and down the beach twice a day when I'm on the patrol schedule.(bout 1 week out of ever 6)

SHISVX 10-20-2003 09:26 PM

hey sorry abouts that...now since you have all hurt my fweeing you all can go to subie hell! damn your trannies!!!!!

just kidding...it was a funny pic though...but i guess you guys can't see it! :p

Kelli

ww111 10-20-2003 09:48 PM

You have to actually OWN a subie to damn us (in my best Nelson voice "Haa haa") and you should DL the picture to your locker so we can all see it.

Collins

NikFu S. 10-20-2003 10:33 PM

or better yet just post it here.

thumper_svx 10-21-2003 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
I'm not gonna rag on them. We got one at work that we use for the Beach Patrol. It rides nice, has good power, and a cool light bar w/ siren. Not to metion alot more ground clearance than anything Subaru currently makes. I dont think a Subaru would work for the beach patrol. Some of the sand gets a little deep. (Accually I usually look for the deep stuff) I get to cruise up and down the beach twice a day when I'm on the patrol schedule.(bout 1 week out of ever 6)
Interesting Subaru story behind that...

During the movie "The Truman Show", there is a scene on a beach where a character drives over a sand dune onto the beach in an old Subaru DL/GL/Loyale to collect another character who wasn't supposed to talk to Truman.

Now, what stands out about this in the context of the rest of the movie is that EVERY OTHER VEHICLE IN THE MOVIE IS A FORD. Watch carefully... they all are.

Now... the story behind this is that they had an Explorer for that scene, but after about 5 hours of trying their damndest couldn't get the thing to scale the dune without sinking in or sliding back down the opposite side. Rather than going the expensive route of either re-positioning the shot or pouring sand on the back end of the dune to make a shallower grade (which I think is against the law anyway), one of the stage hands doing the scene figured that his old Subaru could make it over the dunes without a problem. So they tried it... and it could... and it did. That's how Subaru got free screen-time in a Jim Carrey movie (and one of my favorite movies I might add)... and Ford went home with a significant amount of egg on their faces :)

As far as the current product line though, I would tend to agree with you. I think most modern Subarus are just too damned heavy!

Subafreak 10-21-2003 05:08 AM

On the beach ground clearance isn't really an issue, but if you loose traction in anything and start to sink your screwed ( My freind started to bury his Ranger with 37"s on it in 2WD, but the truck has 67' Bronco running gear with full lockers so putting it in 4WD pulled it back out.) Chances are the Exploder they were trying to use for the scene had open diffs so it just kept trying to bury one side of the truck, and the Subaru being a Turbo model must have had the rear LSD, there for making it far supierior to the Ford in the dunes.

Mr. Pockets 10-21-2003 07:55 AM

I haven't watched 'The Truman Show' in awhile, but I do remember that scene. It just never occured to me that the wagon was the only non-Ford in the movie.

Hmph...

It is a classic, though. Anybody who digs it should see 'Simone,' which was also written (and directed by) Andrew Niccol. It's actually almost the exact opposite of 'Truman' - a fake person in a real world, instead of the other way around.

SHISVX 10-21-2003 10:59 AM

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...&postid=758617

see if this works