The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   See wht happened today? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25838)

pavanbabut 04-28-2005 11:30 PM

See wht happened today?

Hey guys,

today i beat Hyundai Tiburon froma stop signal to almost a 1/4 mile.

Actually I am not intended to race it, but as usual I came a little bit fast and stopped at the signal a little bit ahead of the stop line. That guy came and stopped before the line and came slowly forward and aligned his car with mine, I thought tht he wants to race but i really didnt care abt him and i also haven't launched my car tht hard. On seeing his launchin i thought tht he wants to race definitely. Now i thought to just let him taste wht SVX is, then i went into power mode and my car just raced like a lighting besides his and i went a head of 3 cars in 2 sec.

But i always think tht SVXes are not meant to race and tht too not with such a low profile car. but on seeing him and his attitude, I just thought to give hima ataste of SVX. Is wht i did right or wrong?

Hope he will never try to under estimate SVX.

-Pavan.

sharky512345 04-28-2005 11:43 PM

what you did is only acceptible if you did it in a school zone as school is getting out.

pavanbabut 04-28-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
what you did is only acceptible if you did it in a school zone as school is getting out.

Thanks, BTW your car is very cute, can i trade with mine... just kidding :D :p

r ur wheels now also backwards?

-Pavan

ensteele 04-29-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Is wht i did right or wrong?

-Pavan.

It is wrong. It is also illegal and considered Street Racing and posts of this nature not allowed here. That is the policy and can be seen in the Rules and Regulations of this forum. :( Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Landshark 04-29-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hey guys,

today i beat Hyundai Tiburon froma stop signal to almost a 1/4 mile.

you get a cookie! i assume some import models gave you a trophy as well?

Quote:

I just thought to give hima ataste of SVX.
i think it tastes like chicken.

Weebitob 04-29-2005 12:55 AM

Well, I guess you can always say it was an "unintended" race or I was just "trying to pass" this guy on the road. :p

Perhaps you should try posting it on this site instead, since some people there either don't know much about or underestimate the SVX there. Anyway, the only active posting SVXers there is me, in whom I go by the name of "VAD0R" with a zero not an "O" there and a user named the_new_guy, so we can always welcome one more. Except for other than the first few initial topics the_new_guy doesn’t mention much about his ride, which doesn’t necessarily mean I am trying to get you to or if it is a 100% good idea to outright promote the SVX. I usually hang out in the "Cars in General" section under "Car Comparisons" or sometimes the "Concept cars" part of this vast automotive forum. Which is not only a forum but you can also say is a web magazine which has full articles, reviews and some of their key members and the administrator managed to obtain a 500hp 2001 Skyline GT-R N1 for the Speed World Challenge and are keeping track of its progress.

Anyway, please do not consider this as spamming but rather a way to divert subjects which this forum rather doesn't see to a website that caters more to it, among many other things.

Bwana 04-29-2005 01:23 AM

Your 'a' key seems to be broken. Might want to look in to that.

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
It is wrong. It is also illegal and considered Street Racing and posts of this nature not allowed here. That is the policy and can be seen in the Rules and Regulations of this forum. :( Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Hi Earl,

Sorry Earl. Yeah i did read the rules and regulations of the forum long time back. but nowadays i am across these type of threads on other forums where they are underestimating our subarus :o and so i am little bit aggressive :mad: nowdays on other cars. Yesterday I had tht guy trying to under estimate our SVX again, so i thought of showin him wht SVX is really.

Tht's the only intension, why i raced with tht guy. I dont want to post anything against rules, so you can delete this thread. :)

-Pavan.

SVXer95 04-29-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana

I think the hole key is broken too. Take it to a track.

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana

you mean like the words 'tht', 'wht' etc. yeah i always use to type like th(a)t only over the internet if it's not proffesional/academic work. Sorry if it irritates (yo)u. :p

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXer95
I think the hole key is broken too. Take it to a track.

Yeah u r right. its better to take it to a track. But i never think of racing a SVX. As i told u guys already, i did it just becos of my frustration i got on other cars when i was on other forums while they r under estimating and showing utmost disrespect on our cars without giving respect atleast wht it deserves. Otherwise i wouldnt have done tht, previously, many times i have ignored people who r trying to do like tht to me.

-Pavan.

TomsSVX 04-29-2005 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

I am not condoning street racing in sayingthis but. In NJ it is not legally street racing unless you make undeniable eye contact. After the fast and the Furious came out there was a big probly with it around me. So cops were sent out to try and get kids to race(somehow it wasn't entrapment). The one thing they would look for was eye contact at the beginning and throughout the "race". If there was no eye contact it would simply be speeding. My brother got caught "passing" a mercedes sl55 amg on the Garden State Parkway at speeds over 140mph. When they shut down the road to catch them, they both got away with a 2 point careless driving ticket because they asked both of them "Did you ever make eye contact with the other driver?" I am not sure how far this law reaches but it seems pretty simple.

Tom

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomssvx
I am not condoning street racing in sayingthis but. In NJ it is not legally street racing unless you make undeniable eye contact. After the fast and the Furious came out there was a big probly with it around me. So cops were sent out to try and get kids to race(somehow it wasn't entrapment). The one thing they would look for was eye contact at the beginning and throughout the "race". If there was no eye contact it would simply be speeding. My brother got caught "passing" a mercedes sl55 amg on the Garden State Parkway at speeds over 140mph. When they shut down the road to catch them, they both got away with a 2 point careless driving ticket because they asked both of them "Did you ever make eye contact with the other driver?" I am not sure how far this law reaches but it seems pretty simple.

Tom

:D :D thts cooool.. with just point deduction.. ;)

In my case there is no eye contact.. so EARL pls dont revoke me form the site, just gimme point deduction or some sort of..... :D :D just jokin....

-Pavan

NapaBavarian 04-29-2005 11:04 AM

I smell a lock!

pavanbabut 04-29-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I smell a lock!

I didn't get u....!!!!

-Pavan