The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   10th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Misc. Ramblings (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3890)

LarryIII 04-27-2002 06:59 AM

Misc. Ramblings

We now have 149 SVXers signed-up for this meet. Thanks Colin & Zack.

BLACKSVX92- You are not signed up. Send me an e-mail with the needed info.

I just sent a DP check to the Banquet Facilities. I am planning a buffet style meal for approx 200 people. You get more for the money. I will be discussing menues with them next week. It looks like the price will be approx. $15-$18 per person. Booze will be extra. I am leaning toward soft drinks. It is about 5 miles from the main motel and I want everyone to get back in one piece. COMMENTS PLEASE.

IF ANYONE NEEDS SPECIAL MEALS (VEGETARIAN, KOSHER, LACTOSE FREE, ETC. ) SEND ME AN E-MAIL WITH YOUR NEEDS.

I need help from the SVXers of Lafayette to plan and lead driving tours. Tours should last 2 hrs. max. Please have printed directions with map (I learned that the hard way from the Covered Bridge Tour in Reading) to hand out. Thanks Suby-QA, Pat H., etc. I also need the locales to get in touch with the local Chamber of Commerce and newspapers for publicity.

IMPORTANT: I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PLAN ON TAKING THE SIAPLANT TOUR ON MODAY 7/22/02. THERE IS LIMITED SPACE. SEND ME AN E-MAIL. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

I have a general map of the area with points of interest thanks to Pat Circle from Homeward Suites. . I have no scanner , but can mail it to someone who can get it posted. Send me an e-mail.

I also will urge everyone to register at one of the main hotels early. I did guarantee them 50 rooms on my credit card. Don't put me in debtor's prison people,

That's all for now. Keep watching this site for further news.

Larry III

richeich 04-27-2002 08:10 AM

Larry, I sent you an e-mail to your address supplied through the website here. If that's no longer correct, let me know so I can try again.

Oh yeah, I've got the hotel info in front of me. I'll register today! Sorry for the delay.

BLKSVX92 04-27-2002 01:57 PM

Larry if you are referring to me, i had sent you all my information a couple weeks ago confirming that i will be attending.

I even have the PM in my outbox, but i sent you another PM with all the information again

Def want to go on the tour also :D (2 of us)

LarryIII 04-28-2002 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by richeich
Larry, I sent you an e-mail to your address supplied through the website here. If that's no longer correct, let me know so I can try again.

Oh yeah, I've got the hotel info in front of me. I'll register today! Sorry for the delay.

Rich,

My e-mail addy is:

l.p.singer@worldnet.att.net

Larry III
PS: I better check my profile here & at Yahoo.

LarryIII 05-12-2002 03:55 PM

Misc. Ramblings

There are now 154 SVXers signed-up for the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.
Thanks to Shawn, Gary, David, Mike & Greg.

Mike (BLKSVX92) you are actually #33 on the Sign-Up List. I screwed-up. I'll make it up to you at the meet.

There is a limited number of spots (70-75)available for the SIA Plant Tour. We have 20 already signed up. It's on a first come, first served basis. I intend to cut off sign-ups at the end of May. Chris & Michelle Bishop- your'e not signed up for the Plant Tour.

Finally, I ask everyone to call Patrick Circle to reserve rooms at The Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn (main hotels). His tel. is
765-446-0376 ext.4

Thanks

Larry III
PS: I took photos of SUBYDOO (97 LSi) & SVXY (92 LSL) on Easter.
But I don't have a scanner. I need to get them scanned in.

BLKSVX92 05-12-2002 11:59 PM

Thanks Larry for getting everything straightened out for the meet and the plant tour

My reservations were made a month or so ago :D

LarryIII 05-14-2002 07:55 PM

Hi All,

We now have 153 on the Sign-Up List for this meet. Thanks jake.

Please everyone; you need to contact me to get on the SIA plant tour. Send me an e-mail that you want to be on the tour and state the nunber in your party. There are limited spaces and only 18 days left to sign-up for this tour.

Larry III

Earthworm 05-14-2002 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Hi All,

We now have 153 on the Sign-Up List for this meet. Thanks jake.

Please everyone; you need to contact me to get on the SIA plant tour. Send me an e-mail that you want to be on the tour and state the nunber in your party. There are limited spaces and only 18 days left to sign-up for this tour.

Larry III,

is there an updated signup list showing everyone who has signed up so far?

Also is there an online list of the people signed up for the SIA plant tour?

LarryIII 05-15-2002 05:03 AM

Earthworn,

Both the updated Sign-Up List and Plant Tour List are on a floppy in my briefcase on the desk behind me, right now. I'll try to update the lisis this weekend . They will be in my locker on this site and in my briefcase on the Yahoo SVX Club site. The Yahoo site is really begining to tick me off. I frequent it less and less. That really makes me sad and at the same time I feel angry because of what Yahoo did to it. When it had the old format, I had all the advantages. It had ease of operation and if I needed to find a tech. post I could swing over to this site. Alas all that's gone. I guess I just am being nostalgic and yearning for the 'good ole days'.

Aredubjay 05-15-2002 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I guess I just am being nostalgic and yearning for the 'good ole days'.
I hear ya, Larry. I have the fondest memories of wisecracks from Unkle Worn and having "Toyo Proxes" as a two-word response to "what kind of tires should I buy?" I also miss the "early blondeman," "Marty Feldman stories" and sparring with the occasional "newbie with an attitude." Those were the good ol' days. *TOOT TOOT*:D

LarryIII 05-15-2002 07:44 PM

Randy,

In addition, I rembember some zebra striped fur and some bits of blue bathrobe chenile flying around the old Yahoo site.

It was so great, it was Tooopid !!!

Larry III (or to be really nostalgic ) Larry iii

or

At the West Point NY SVX Frank not only yelled TOYO PROXES, he also brought about a dozen cannoli up from "Da City".

richeich 05-15-2002 09:05 PM

Did anybody ever figure out what happened to Frank? I miss him.:(

Aredubjay 05-15-2002 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by richeich
Did anybody ever figure out what happened to Frank? I miss him.:(
Rich,
Larry sent me an e-mail some time ago. Frank had just gotten back from an extended vacation in Florence, Italy. Apparently he got out of the habit of visiting Yahoo, and doesn't post any more. I'm sure Larry can tell you more.

Oh, and be sure to check the air in the tires when they're hot . . . no, cold . . . no, hot . . . no cold . . . :D

LarryIII 05-16-2002 04:50 AM

Rich,

In honor of Frank ........

TOYO PROXES !!!!!!!

Larry iii

richeich 05-16-2002 02:13 PM

Quote:

Oh, and be sure to check the air in the tires when they're hot . . . no, cold . . . no, hot . . . no cold . . .
Actually, that was the last big go-round that I remember before he disappeared, and always wondered if he had gotten so mad he never came back.

Glad to know he's okay.