The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am a traitor (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41667)

Myxalplyx 11-02-2007 10:48 PM

I am a traitor

Can't stop thinking about the V6 Toyota RAV4. Reliability, AWD, Automatic (Yeah..I like autos), great depreciation value and...................low 15 second 1/4 mile stock. Been thinking about it since I had read about it before it came out. I think I am going to trade my Mazda3 in for it sometime within the next five months. It doesn't look like anyone has been really modifiying them (intake, exhausts, etc). It just would feel good to bracket race in a 14 second (or 13 with nitrous) SUV next year.

Just feels weird I am not thinking about a Forester XT turbo anymore like I used too. :o I must have the Toyota! :D Now to get some $$ together. Any subaru I could get my hands on would be pre-1997. The newer scoobies just don't grab me anymore, like a 1988 RX turbo would. *scratching head* I am bored tonight and just thinking out loud. Must be lonely or something. Lol!

DarknessofDeath 11-02-2007 10:54 PM

that's not a big deal. somebody is usually watching ~

Landshark 11-02-2007 11:01 PM

FXT + STI turbo/intercooler swap + uppipe/downpipe + Accessport = monster sleeper

besides, you can't spit without hitting a RAV4.

NiftySVX 11-02-2007 11:02 PM

Those came out before I left the dealership. Those things run NICE. That new 3.5 V6, the 2GR-FE I think they called it, is a nice running motor, and it gets amazing gas mileage to boot.

Hondasucks 11-03-2007 12:45 AM

I wouldn't say "amazing" although 19 city 26 highway is pretty dang good for a 290 HP V6. I work at a Toyota/Subaru dealer, and I had to do a PDI on a V6 Rav4 the other day, those things are INSANE! I can't imagine what one would do if it was FWD, the one I did was FT4WD and it was pretty squirrly, even on dry pavement... Amazing would be if they could get 35 MPG out of those (and still be 290 HP)...

I wish they came 5 speed, but I don't think they offer anything with the 3.5 in a 5 speed :( (The four cylinder Camry doesn't even come in a 5 speed anymore :()

immortal_suby 11-03-2007 08:12 AM

My brother has it - AWD and the V6. It is fast as hell, but you have to be holding onto the steering wheel with a death grip and sawing back and forth to keep it in your lane when you stomp the gas. It's that bad of a torquesteering monster. It was so bad I went and looked up if there was a TSB or recall or something broken after I drove it. But there is nothing broken, they just did that crappy of a job on their AWD system.

Other than that, the interior just flat out kicks the XT's ass. It's embarassing going from the toyota to the XT. We had ours side by side in the driveway and just the amount of different toys and the layout and seats, interior room. They really did a great job designing that new toyota. When you go through it you just think "dang, that was smart" as you look at the different stuff they did.

If they ever sort out that AWD system to take care of the torque steer that thing will be hard to beat.

PDSides 11-03-2007 08:53 AM

Your title: "I am a trader" begs a question....is this a person who constantly trades (cars or other things), or is this a question of loyalty, in which case the title might better read, "I am a traitor." If the former, then I understand your desire to constantly acquire different cars. I have the same addiction, causing my wife to grimace every time we pass a dealership. If the latter, I think you are being hard on yourself because nearly everybody on this forum has now, or at one time in the past owned a vehicle other than a Subaru. I think the RAV4 is a neat vehicle, although it has evolved into something far removed from its original concept. The same can be said of most all vehicles with the possible exception of the original VW which only recently ceased production after more than sixty years of being true to its initial concept.
Preston

Crazy_pilot 11-03-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 506001)
FXT + STI turbo/intercooler swap + uppipe/downpipe + Accessport = monster sleeper

besides, you can't spit without hitting a RAV4.

One of the local Subie clubs guy's new FXT:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...Wagon/03-1.jpg

SVXRide 11-03-2007 04:07 PM

Nice!
-Bill

Myxalplyx 11-04-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDSides (Post 506053)
Your title: "I am a trader" begs a question....is this a person who constantly trades (cars or other things), or is this a question of loyalty, in which case the title might better read, "I am a traitor."
Preston

Preston,

It is a matter of loyalty. Problem is, I submitted the thread before changing it. I can't change the title now. :lol:

BTW: That is a beautiful FXT posted above.

ImmortalSuby, as soon as I get a title issue sorted out with my Crown Victoria (It was given to me by my neighbor), I will be trading it and my Mazda in. Hoping to do it within sometime before next year. I'm really excited about it. I am even more excited because there is no aftermarket for it....no intakes, no exhaust...nothing. The people at the RAV4 sites are mainly waiting for someone to make something for them. I would like to steal ideas from the Toyota Avalon crowd and butcher up something. I think it can be a mid 14 second ride. With a Protorque torque converter upgrade on top of some basic mods, I think it could be low 14s. Ahh...the possibilities of sleeperdom. :D:p

immortal_suby 11-04-2007 06:08 PM

I hope you can figure out something for the torque transfer to the rear. That thing is a bear to keep in a lane. It is a great sleeper. Sounds like fun to modify one - I am sure you will be a pioneer in that effort as you have been with your subaru toys!

Crazy_pilot 11-04-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 506345)
BTW: That is a beautiful FXT posted above.

Ya, it's pretty sweet. He actually bought it to replace his previous FXT, which was stolen and destroyed.:mad::mad:

Myxalplyx 03-21-2010 05:05 PM

Re: I am a traitor

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 506359)
I hope you can figure out something for the torque transfer to the rear. That thing is a bear to keep in a lane. It is a great sleeper. Sounds like fun to modify one - I am sure you will be a pioneer in that effort as you have been with your subaru toys!

Back from dead!

Been away from the board for a while. Started playing with my 2010 RAV4 sport. With a modified Weapon R intake, changed muffler (with stock piping) and some lighter wheels, the RAV ran a couple of 14.1's, 14.2's consistantly. I miss you guys though. The SVX is still awesome and it ain't going anywhere. This boring looking RAV4 has been peaking my interest. People are saying I have the fastest RAV in the country now but that's a tall order. It's weird seeing this thing faster than my SVX but the SVX is 14 years old now so..... It's all good fun. Now to catch up on some SVX reading. :)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4780/141rav4002.jpg

TomsSVX 03-21-2010 05:13 PM

wow thats pretty quick for a Rav4 lol... I am soon to join the traitor club too... but shhhh its teh secretz

Tom

benebob 03-21-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 639104)
wow thats pretty quick for a Rav4 lol... I am soon to join the traitor club too... but shhhh its teh secretz

Tom

What you're selling your silver?:eek::D:D:D Always a follower huh... Bill got ya thinking about a breeder buggie with flames didn't he!:lol: