The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My SVX Time Machine (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25716)

fl_svx 04-22-2005 10:05 PM

My SVX Time Machine

To be honest, at my age of 50 something, my SVX has rekindled the competitive nature I once had when I was a whole lot younger. I have no doubt, it is the SVX. Today, some guy, the MMV version of a yuppy thought he had a pushover in his sights. It was kinda funny, this 30 something guy was on my tail for sometime trying to, well who really knows what those people think. Anyway, he had this semi-tricked Acura CL(nee Honda) and I could not resist, flat out nailed it and left him trying to catch up. I mean, you could see he was going into manual mode to keep up, but failed miserably. There is something redeeming about putting these people in their place, especially if they have a Honda with all their VTEC goodies. I'll take an H6 and AWD any day. Ah to be young again. Nice to go back in time with my new time machine.

svxthc 04-22-2005 10:30 PM

haha Amen.

SVXRide 04-22-2005 10:40 PM

we all just have to make sure enjoying our "time machines" too much doesn't result in "doing time" ("But Officer, the car kept telling me to go faster and everyone on the SVX site said the car can do 150 mph...") ;) :D
-Bill (1+ years since his last SVX-related speeding ticket...)

fl_svx 04-22-2005 10:48 PM

Ah yes, the ultimate injury to one's pride, getting caught speeding. The last time I even came close to getting a ticket was outside Demopolis, Alabama. I was close to the Mississippi sate line and was on my way to Colorado, to get my orders for Vietnam. I contemplated out-running the cops (hey I was 19) and established my criteria. If it were two bubble gums, I'd try. If it was one, then forget it. You see, in Alabama at the time the State Troopers had AMX's with 401 CI V8's with one light and 4-speeds along with their Fords. Well, I did get stopped, but a questionable one. The road had a different speed limit for night time, but the cop, seeing I was on my way to Vietnam just gave me a warning. Other than that, I have been lucky...must be doing something right.

fl_svx 04-22-2005 10:51 PM

Hey, it just dawned on me...SVXRide, you just ordered a sticker from me on eBay !!!

Cool, thanks. John

Pearlywhites1992 04-23-2005 05:28 AM

Be sure to contain your enthusiasm or some here will get on your
case for "racing"! Our cars are getting more beautiful every day, no doubt.
Is that because we are aging, or are new cars getting more ugly?

fl_svx 04-23-2005 07:59 AM

Oh, I would not call it racing.....more like blowing the cobwebs out, certainly not an everyday thing. I don't go looking for victims, they just seem to find me every once in awhile.

Pearlywhites1992 04-23-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_svx
Oh, I would not call it racing.....more like blowing the cobwebs out, certainly not an everyday thing. I don't go looking for victims, they just seem to find me every once in awhile.

I know what you mean. Kids see this car, and react differently:
some smile and point, some get a confused look, and some just have to race it!

fl_svx 04-23-2005 09:05 AM

I think kids today have a confused look and when in doubt, your right...race it and get their doors blown off much to their embarrassment adding to their confusion.

n00b on demand 04-23-2005 09:10 AM

When i first bought my car i had a few ppl that wanted to go at it. But recently ive gotten nothing....alot of ppl seem to think my car is turbo so my belief is that all the ricers here are just to scared and think they cant beat it.

ensteele 04-23-2005 10:56 AM

I fihd it funny when they race by me and expect me to go for it and I just keep going the same speed. :rolleyes: They don't know how to take that either. :D

immortal_suby 04-23-2005 10:59 AM

I didn't have hardly anyone try to race me while I was driving the wife's svx. Now that mine is back on the road I have had alot of ricer fly-bys. They probably hear the exhaust and figure I am going to race.

ensteele 04-23-2005 11:07 AM

I hope yours doesn't sound like their cars do!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

immortal_suby 04-23-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I hope yours doesn't sound like their cars do!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Well, it does resonate a little around 2500rpm but other than that it has a pretty throaty wail to it. :D

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil..._suby/2140.wav

svxthc 04-23-2005 11:53 AM

That sounds turbo. :) What did you do to it?