The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Please someone kill my SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14538)

Chicane 11-19-2003 08:32 PM

Please someone kill my SVX

Good lord. The suspension is getting UNBEARABLE. I'm getting it looked at next monday...ugh... its just BANGING and RATTLING and it feels like its just going to fall off the car. It's really awful. Ugh. I don't care how much it costs to fix it, I cannot stand this!

- Rob

PS: IF its struts, I'm saving for your kit Porter!

Seraph 11-19-2003 08:34 PM

Can I come kill it? :D

CigarJohnny 11-20-2003 04:47 AM

Damn, Rob, I thought you had all the kinks worked out of your SVX around the time of your honeymoon. What happened since then? Could the roads and their potholes be any worse in WI than they are in PA?

Green1995SVX 11-20-2003 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Damn, Rob, I thought you had all the kinks worked out of your SVX around the time of your honeymoon. What happened since then? Could the roads and their potholes be any worse in WI than they are in PA?
I seriously doubt that.

Mike

mohrds 11-20-2003 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I seriously doubt that.

Mike

I'll bet money that WI roads are worse than PA roads. I've driven on both a few times.

Seraph 11-20-2003 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

I'll bet money that WI roads are worse than PA roads. I've driven on both a few times.

What he said.

Mr. Pockets 11-20-2003 09:00 AM

MI has both PA and WI beat by a long shot. I've lived in all three states, so I speak from some experience.

Look, the roads in MI are so bad that they were a major issue at the gubernatorial debates last year. Deteriorating roads are frequently on the news. Potholes open up and cause major traffic back-ups as literally dozens of people pull over to fix flats. One time, while driving just outside Detroit, I saw a couple of kids kicking chunks of a bridge onto the freeway traffic below. CHUNKS of bridges frequently fall onto traffic, anyway, and make the news.

I'm not kidding. I bet the roads in Baghdad are considerably better.

One of the main problems MI has is the way they tend to fix their roads. They lay a thin strip of asphalt down. Then that asphalt starts to come off in chunks. So they fill those holes with some loose asphalt and call it fixed. That loose asphalt gets pushed to the back of the hole by the traffic and ends up being a hole and a bump.

MI roads are absolutely the worst I've seen in any state. And I include VT - only a quarter of VT's roads are paved, but the roads which are paved are done right.

Sidewinder 11-20-2003 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Look, the roads in MI are so bad that they were a major issue at the gubernatorial debates last year. Deteriorating roads are frequently on the news. Potholes open up and cause major traffic back-ups as literally dozens of people pull over to fix flats. One time, while driving just outside Detroit, I saw a couple of kids kicking chunks of a bridge onto the freeway traffic below. CHUNKS of bridges frequently fall onto traffic, anyway, and make the news.

Hence the argument presented by the American Society of Civil Engineers that the American infrastructure could use trillions of dollars in repair.

Nevertheless, there are times that our WI roads really suck. Around here, we have two seasons: Summer and Road Construction. Although, I've not been on a bridge that has fallen apart or crumbles. Back in my home town, we do have a couple bridges that are a bit too low (due to repaving the highway beneath) and so semi trailers smash into the bridges (now and then).

Eric

mikecg 11-20-2003 09:47 AM

try south jersey. They charge a toll on every other road and I dont think they paved any in 15 years. North jersey must be getting all the money. If it wasnt for the low a$$ speed limits (25 mph on dual lines come on) I dont think my kidneys could handle speeding enough for a ticket.

Green1995SVX 11-20-2003 10:04 AM

I had a chunk of an overpass fall on my RX about a month ago and smash the windshield. :(

Mike

mikecg 11-20-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I had a chunk of an overpass fall on my RX about a month ago and smash the windshield. :(

Mike

Crap, couple years ago Baltimore had the entire overpass fall. During rush hour too. I think somthing like 5 people dead and 15 injured. A truck with a crain was inproperly loaded and the arm on the crain clipped the overpass.

Chicane 11-20-2003 11:20 AM

Basically, the roads in madison are complete ****E. It's too busy so they never fix anything. I'm pretty sure it's my strut mounts, but lately I've been harder on my car because I no longer enjoy driving it. :\ Its loud, and every time i hit a 'seam' in the road, there's a big 'bang' followed by a rattle. It's annoying. This is EXACTLY what happened to my neon. It was great initially, but at around 100k it drove EXACTLY like this, which was one of the primary reasons I wanted to sell it.

But I'm not selling my SVX. I'm dedicated to continue to dump money into it, because UNLIKE the neon, and IGNORING what KBB says, the SVX is worth a lot. IT's rare, a pure bred, engineered beyond comprehension, and really freaking cool.

- Rob

SVXer95 11-20-2003 11:32 AM

I have to agree with Pockets on MI roads. In Flint especially they have no money to repair the roads. There are many places where there are voids in the new pavement and the old brick or stone can be seen.

My poor SVX has been beaten upon by the roads of Flint. Worst part is the speed limits are not all that slow and I bottomed out. My car now has a really annoying (but not serious) exhaust leak.:(

Sidewinder 11-20-2003 01:48 PM

Rob, I've not driven my SVX in SIX (6) weeks! If that slightly alters your unhappiness. Apparently, I am waiting for some "small little bits of thing" that goes in my transmission.

I might have to hitchhike home for thanksgiving.

Chicane 11-20-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sidewinder
Rob, I've not driven my SVX in SIX (6) weeks! If that slightly alters your unhappiness. Apparently, I am waiting for some "small little bits of thing" that goes in my transmission.

I might have to hitchhike home for thanksgiving.

That sucks man. :( Still, I think I'd rather be driving a geo metro with suspensino that wasn't about to fall off, at this point.

- Rob