The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Security System (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21581)

MikeInd 09-26-2004 02:29 PM

Security System

The other night I heard my alarm system going off in the garage..so I went down and it acted like it was going crazy. I took me a few minutes to get it to stop.

At this time I have the system off.
I know my battery in my remote is bad and maybe my remote is bad also.
I have the TWO button style.
Does any one know where I can get one from?
Why does mine have two buttons?

Thanks..

Wiz 09-26-2004 02:42 PM

I don't believe that the SVX ever came with a remote that had more than one button.

And you should be able to get a replacement from subaruparts.com or ebay. And if you want to try the battery go to Radio Shack for that. They have cheap batteries to replace the 8 expensive button batteries the remotes come with stock.

MikeInd 09-26-2004 02:51 PM

It says SUBARU on the bottom.

Wiz 09-26-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MikeInd
It says SUBARU on the bottom.
My mom's Outback has 2 buttons on its remote which I'm sure says Subaru on it somewhere. Anyways the SVX remote says Subaru SVX on the front in white on red.

MikeInd 09-26-2004 03:12 PM

Thanks, I thought I was special...LOL

So where can I find a SVX remote....??

Also, Is it normal to have the sec sys go kinda crazy when the remote starts to die?

Mr. Pockets 09-26-2004 03:16 PM

SVX-branded one-button remotes are sometimes hard to come by, so dealers have sold Subaru-branded two-button remotes as replacements. They work just fine. If it arms and disarms your car's alarm, it's fine. If it only works intermittently, you may just need to replace the battery.

Incidentally, SVX-branded 'one-button' remotes actually have two buttons. Only one is marked on the faceplace, but there are two.

Wiz 09-26-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
SVX-branded one-button remotes are sometimes hard to come by, so dealers have sold Subaru-branded two-button remotes as replacements. They work just fine. If it arms and disarms your car's alarm, it's fine. If it only works intermittently, you may just need to replace the battery.

Incidentally, SVX-branded 'one-button' remotes actually have two buttons. Only one is marked on the faceplace, but there are two.

You sure about that? I have taken the SVX-branded remotes apart and there was only one button on the PCB.

MikeInd 09-26-2004 11:20 PM

I took it apart.... you were correct...only one button.

My Sec Sys is working correct now....

Thanks

dcarrb 12-14-2004 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wiz

You sure about that? I have taken the SVX-branded remotes apart and there was only one button on the PCB.

I replaced the battery in my keyless remote this morning and recalled this recent thread. My remote -- which came with the car and looks worn enough to be the original -- has two internal buttons, with a single button on the face.

I know this has been posted before, but since I have the info at hand: The single-cell replacement battery, available in a package of two from Radio Shack, is GP27A. The Radio Shack stock number is 23-279.

dcb

Seraph 12-14-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wiz

Seen both. I have seen one face plate with 2 internal buttons and single button. I've also used the 2nd button as well. :D

Jim SVX 12-14-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

upon close examination of my remote I do see where the second button is. The word Subaru is at the bottom of the button. I dont think theres anything inside the remote to make the button useful, but it is there.

SVXer95 12-14-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim SVX

upon close examination of my remote I do see where the second button is. The word Subaru is at the bottom of the button. I dont think theres anything inside the remote to make the button useful, but it is there.

Correct. It seems they just used the same 2-button cover. SVX only has one real button.http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...er95/23133.JPG

dcarrb 12-15-2004 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95

Correct. It seems they just used the same 2-button cover. SVX only has one real button.

Mine actually has two buttons on the printed circuit board (which looks considerably different from the one pictured above).

dcb

SVXer95 12-15-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dcarrb

Mine actually has two buttons on the printed circuit board (which looks considerably different from the one pictured above).

dcb

Mine is a '95:confused:
That may be the difference.

drivemusicnow 12-15-2004 08:44 AM

so collin... nice use of company resources.. ya know the camera, and the screwdriver :p i believe mine looks like yours too.