The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SVXWN - NW Area Group (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51925)

ensteele 10-06-2009 10:48 PM

SVXWN - NW Area Group

We no longer have the Northwest SVX Site to keep tabs on the activities in this area, so I thought we should have an area where new members can introduce themselves and ask questions about activities in their area. We have been very active in the greater Seattle area, and have had meets all over the state. Hope to meet you soon. I will start by introducing myself -

I am ensteele, aka Earl, who lives in the Burlington area. I have been a member here since January 2002, and was a member on the Yahoo site before that. I host a few meets during the year and attend as many as I can. Watch this section in the regional area for upcoming meets. Hope to see you at one of the meets in the near future. :) :)

WestCoastSVX 10-07-2009 10:46 AM

Re: SVXWN - NW Area Group

I'm MacGyver, aka Troy, and have owned my SVX since April 2000.

I joined the old Yahoo SVX group before I bought my SVX, but then joined this wonderful group in May of 2001. :)

I've put together more SVX events around the Northwest than I can count and led the NW group for it's 5 year run.

I live in Monroe, WA.

Like Earl said, watch this forum for upcoming meets and come on out!

Hondasucks 10-07-2009 10:48 PM

I'm Andrew, I live in Corvallis (GO BEAVERS!!!!) and have been a member since September of 2007, finally got my SVX in October of 2007. I'm a Subaru/Toyota technician, so I try to provide technical advice whenever I can.

Shadabob 10-09-2009 11:12 AM

I'm Erik and my wife is Jill (she comes to all the meets, and loves "my" SVX).

I owned my 1st SVX in 2000 (then traded it away :mad:). Got my 2nd SVX a few years back, and have been part of the forums every since.

I've co-hosted 3 of the Portland/ SW WA meets along with Mark. (Columbia Gorge '07, Mt. St. Helens "all fog edition," and Mt. St. Helens "Redux.")

We live in Vancouver, WA

JENKIN 10-13-2009 10:04 AM

I'm more of a lurker here, I have a 92 that I purchased for my daughter when she went to WWU in 2000. She has moved on but her car remains. I have had as many as 3 svx's at any one time, but am down to the original at the moment. I was seduced by the rotary and have over 25 Rx7's in various states of decomposition, it is a sickness (lol).
I am hoping to run across a ebony pearl/ tan 94 so that i can be a 2 svx household again, but so far my $ and the right car have not intersected.
john
yakima

STORMINORMAN 10-14-2009 02:24 PM

The NW still includes your neighbor to the south, Oregon, does it not?

We currently live in West Linn and have made more than a couple forays into the Evergreen State, on both sides of the Sound and up & down the Gorge, too. Purchased our 1992 Claret LSL new and she's still goin' strong 17+ years and 182K later.

I believe still have the dubious distinction of driving my SVX the longest distance to attend the ReadingX meet earlier this year.

Cheers!

ensteele 10-14-2009 07:43 PM

Yes Norm, you are included. :D You did drive the farthest to that meet. ;) :)

ensteele 11-30-2009 01:07 AM

Bump for more members to sign in. :)

mysvxrocks 12-06-2009 11:31 PM

Im Dennis, Im currently SVX' less, but Ive owned three. I still lurk, but dont post much anymore. Someday I hope to have another.

Chip Hutchinson 01-13-2010 02:09 AM

Howdy Group
My Name is Chip. I have been a member since March of '07 and started lurking in late '06. I have owned 2 SVX's but am down to 1. I sold my white '92 to my son and my red '96 is my daily driver. Although Reading is unlikely, I would love to attend some of the future functions. Everett Wa. is where I live, and I hope to meet all of you soon.

WestCoastSVX 01-13-2010 08:51 AM

A red daily driver in Everett? Chances are I've probably passed by you a few times before. :) I'm in Monroe, so around the Everett area from time to time.

Chip Hutchinson 01-16-2010 05:39 AM

I commute to Woodinville to work, and see a nice black SVX in Woodinville from time to time. I also Ski at Stevens Pass and see another black SVX up there. Here in Everett I have seen an elderly gentleman clogging up traffic on 128th West of I-5 with his Teal SVX.
Generally I try to keep an eye out for sightings...

ensteele 01-16-2010 11:53 AM

Hi Chip Good to have you in the NW area. I will get you on the list for members around here for local meets. :)

WestCoastSVX 01-16-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Hutchinson (Post 630923)
I commute to Woodinville to work, and see a nice black SVX in Woodinville from time to time. I also Ski at Stevens Pass and see another black SVX up there. Here in Everett I have seen an elderly gentleman clogging up traffic on 128th West of I-5 with his Teal SVX.
Generally I try to keep an eye out for sightings...

I commute from Monroe to Bothell 4 days a week so we probably don't quite cross paths, but very close.

If you ever see a slightly beat up Claret (maroon) with customs wheels give me a honk and wave. :)

Keep checking in here too, we will be having another meet in the area sometime in the next couple months I'm sure!

FUDDMAN 01-20-2010 08:08 PM

Hi Chip. I,m Larry. Have 96 LSi, brilliant red. Drive it between Tulalip and Boeing Everett flight line most every day. 2nd shift.