The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   solenoid?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50319)

newkid17 05-19-2009 08:26 PM

solenoid??

ok so ever since i replaced my front diff. i have had to let off the gas at 4K for it to shift into second. and when im running down the highway at a steady speed it will kinda jump and bulk around. i was talking to my tech teacher about it and he said that it is probably a tranny soienoid( duty silenoid i think he called it) i also noticed today that if i start out with the shifter in 3rd it will shift into 2ed fine.??? any advice will help..
thanks, Bobby

Trevor 05-19-2009 09:01 PM

Re: solenoid??

Quote:

Originally Posted by newkid17 (Post 601977)
ok so ever since i replaced my front diff. i have had to let off the gas at 4K for it to shift into second. and when im running down the highway at a steady speed it will kinda jump and bulk around. i was talking to my tech teacher about it and he said that it is probably a tranny soienoid( duty silenoid i think he called it) i also noticed today that if i start out with the shifter in 3rd it will shift into 2ed fine.??? any advice will help..
thanks, Bobby

Hi Bobby,

On the basis of logic, you must check on everything you may have disturbed during the diff. job. Electrical connectors are a likely bet, including those involving speed sensors. I would gather that your speedometer is working, but as a check on the other sensor, try out your cruise control.

Do you have a fault light illuminating?

newkid17 05-19-2009 09:09 PM

my curse control does not work...... and yes my check engine light is on...? and i checked connecters and what not and everthing is attached.... i did have a problem with my speed sensor to begin with, it would not shift out of first and my speedometer was not working but i fixed that and the speedo. works fine now. my tech teacher said that the jumping around is the torque converter trying to lock up to go into OD.? atleast that is what i got out of what he was talking about...haha

Trevor 05-19-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newkid17 (Post 601986)
my curse control does not work...... and yes my check engine light is on...? and i checked connecters and what not and everthing is attached.... i did have a problem with my speed sensor to begin with, it would not shift out of first and my speedometer was not working but i fixed that and the speedo. works fine now. my tech teacher said that the jumping around is the torque converter trying to lock up to go into OD.? atleast that is what i got out of what he was talking about...haha

Did your cruise control (yes I understand why you curse it :lol:) work OK before the diff. job? If so a sensor or wiring to same is certainly suspect.

What code is registering? Refer the How Too section. Do not be confused as a result of an engine code, as some items have several functions.

Without being nasty and simply sceptical, I would disregard the comments from your teacher, as he is not at all close to the problem. ;)

newkid17 05-20-2009 05:52 AM

haha... yes my cruise control worked before i instaled the front diff. ill check codes today....

newkid17 05-20-2009 04:05 PM

no codes :(, except my speed sensor broke..... anyone have one?

newkid17 05-21-2009 11:37 AM

the "T" part of the sensor that goes down into the front diff. is that suppose to come out of the sensor? and does it have to be pretty much perfect shape for it to read?