The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The I'm stupid & can prove it thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13838)

lee 10-17-2003 03:44 PM

The I'm stupid & can prove it thread

OK, got my windows tinted last. Installer told me not to roll down the windows for 3 to 4 days. It was a PITA, since to get into my work installation meant opening the door to show my badge each day.

Anyway, after the 4th day I started using the driver's window to get into work, but that was the only time - thinking a longer wait would be better. So today (6th day) I decided it was time to check out the other windows. Driver's side still works but none of the other ones do.

So I break out the trusty VOM and check fuses - all of them - just in case. No problems there. So I take off the driver's side door panel thinking maybe I'm going to have to clean contacts or re-seat or something. No problems there either. Take off the passenger side panel - again no problems.

Silently (for once) cursing up a storm, I'm getting ready to go through the ritual to take out the back seat & check those panels while preparing my tirade for the tint installer if needed. Then I remember I set the window-lock button to "on" just in case I forgot - so all I could mess up was to roll down one window.

DUH - DUH - DUH.

Aredubjay 10-17-2003 04:03 PM

Lee,
I fear that entries into this thread may far surpass the "Hijack This Thread," thread. You've opened up a large can of worms. :D

Aredubjay 10-17-2003 04:07 PM

Okay, here's one:

I'm sitting in the drive-thru at the bank. I complete my transaction, put the little carrier back in the tube. I smile at the cute teller, wave, and press on the gas. My heart immediately goes into my throat. "My tranny's dead," I think. I know the teller can read the look of total fear on my face as the color drains out. As I drop my head in dispair, I notice that I've placed the car in "P" (which I usually don't do, in the drive-thru). I put the car in gear and drive away . . . without looking at the teller.

HERE'S MY SIGN! :STUPID::rolleyes:

Landshark 10-17-2003 04:21 PM

not the SVX, but...
my 928 rear wiper wasn't working. i removed the motor and gears, took everything apart, etc. put it back together, still no worky. i then realized the nut that holds the wiper arm down was loose. :rolleyes:

Darksied-X 10-17-2003 06:29 PM

I have you all beat, cause I have photographic evidence:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...ed-X/12219.jpg

Like the little asian karate guy in UHF says: STUPID!:rolleyes:

mikecg 10-17-2003 07:10 PM

I desided tosave a few bucks by doing the brakes on my stratus. Got all done and jumped in the car to back out the garage. I noticed I was a little close to the door (had to stay close to the left side because my parents are restoring moms mustang). I press the brake and the peddle drops to the floor. I manage to stop about a foot to late. My attempt to save 20 bucks cost me 150 to replace the mirror. I'd done about 15 other break jobs, this time I forgot to pump up the brakes.

Then theres the time we lost power for the whole day. We were sitting outside enjoying the weather. About 1PM we started getting really hungry. Got annoyed that we couldn't cook because everything was electric. About 4pm I went inside to get something and when I came back out I noticed the BBQ sitting behind my wife that we had got the week before. I started laughing so hard it took me 5minutes to point it out to the wife.

Green1995SVX 10-17-2003 07:23 PM

oops?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...&postid=118957

Bobb 10-17-2003 08:01 PM

Boo-Boo's

Hi everyone, Hey Jeff, is that the first SVX planter? Where's the flowers. I, like Lee , somehow turned off all the windows except the drivers. So I drove 20 miles to the dealer to have it checked out. Duh. Once again, stories you would only tell your friends. Take care, BOBB

marlettpat 10-17-2003 09:11 PM

i couldnt get my fog lights workin. i took apart my whole dash, followed thew wires to make sure they were hooked up.......then one of our great moderators suggests i check the fuse........enough said :rolleyes:

NikFu S. 10-17-2003 11:31 PM

as for the passenger window lock, i think most everyone has done that.

Gargoyle 10-18-2003 12:50 AM

OK , So 2 years ago i'm living with my Ex-girlfriend in a house in North Seattle Mid October & I'm Sick as a dog for like 2 + weeks I'm talken high fever cant get off the couch kinda sick.
Well I missed 2 full weeks of work before i felt better. Then I finally feel good enough i have to get out of the house, So i go to the grocery store & get some stuff & See Holloween Candy on sale ( Its October 31'st ) So I'm feeling better so I'm feeling generous So i get like 6 bags of mini candy bars * Gonna treat the kids good * Well that night my girl comes home that night & says whats the matter ???????? I tell her about the candy & how NOT 1 KID came trick or treating :(

Turns out it's November 1'st :rolleyes:

NikFu S. 10-18-2003 01:38 AM

at least you got to eat all the candy. thats always fun.
werd.

wynndi 10-18-2003 06:52 AM

Cold Seattle morning. I'm riding shotgun and my buddy has his window open and the heat blasting. He stops to get gas and takes a looong time to pay the cashier. I'm getting cold, so I roll up his window before he gets back.

Returning, he's mumbling something about how damn expensive chewing tobacco has become, I don't really think much about it.

A mile down the road, he turns his head left and spits the nastiest wad of spent tobacco and spit ALL OVER his window, it covers 3/4 of it and is running down all over everything.

He manages to get out a "WHAT THE F~~~?????" just before I break out into the most side splitting laugh of my life!

Aredubjay 10-18-2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wynndi
Cold Seattle morning. I'm riding shotgun and my buddy has his window open and the heat blasting. He stops to get gas and takes a looong time to pay the cashier. I'm getting cold, so I roll up his window before he gets back.

Returning, he's mumbling something about how damn expensive chewing tobacco has become, I don't really think much about it.

A mile down the road, he turns his head left and spits the nastiest wad of spent tobacco and spit ALL OVER his window, it covers 3/4 of it and is running down all over everything.

He manages to get out a "WHAT THE F~~~?????" just before I break out into the most side splitting laugh of my life!

That's beautiful!

Reminds me of the time I was driving to work and stopped at what we called the "eternal stoplight." I was hungover from the night before, so wasn't in a good mood. I see the guy to my right, out of the corner of my eye. He's coughing, rather violently. I turned and looked just in time to see him blow a great big loogy on his window. His eyes met mine, just as I started laughing -- he was trapped, with no place to go, an did not find it amusing. I thought my head would burst with each laugh (from the hangover), but, there was no stopping it. I laughed all the way to work. The look on that guy's face as we sat through the "eternal stoplight" was priceless. :D Of course, after I stopped laughing, I realized that, if his window had been down, he'd've blown the loogy on my car. :eek:

Trevor 10-19-2003 01:15 AM

Ever tried to be first off the grid with the car in 3rd gear :D