The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   dash light bulb replacement numbers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7423)

rayford 12-07-2002 08:05 PM

dash light bulb replacement numbers

I need to replace some of the bulbs in the strips under the dash guage assembly, these are the ones in the, curise, fog light,, etc. and on the other side of the steering colunm,, hazard light switch,, anyway I have read several posts on the subject and I am not clear as to what the bulb numbers are on the bulbs that are on when the headlights are on and also the ones that light up when the particular button is pushed in to indicate that the switch is on, I know there are two in each switch, I would like to know what the numbers are for these two different bulbs are so I can try to get them at Radio Shack . Ok,, any help will be appreciated ,,, Thanks Vernon.

Green1995SVX 12-07-2002 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#7219 Micro Lamps from Radio Shack

Green1995SVX 12-07-2002 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What the package looks like. :)

rayford 12-07-2002 08:42 PM

Thanks for the bulb numbers,, I didn't want to take them out and then try to match them up that way,, I suppose that both bulbs in the buttons are the same number,, Thanks again.. Vernon

Green1995SVX 12-07-2002 08:51 PM

Yes, they are. There is no need to go to the dealer for these things, they cost a fortune there!!

Mike

RobSVX 11-07-2004 10:19 PM

So, do the buttons just pop out ? How do I get to the bulbs themselves ? It doens't appear the RS bulbs have a 'base' ?

mysvxrocks 08-13-2008 07:23 PM

Re: dash light bulb replacement numbers

Alright, I brought this back up for this reason. I work at radio shack, and had some down time today, so I fixed all the bulbs in the switches. Now my question is this, would these bulbs work in the climate control as well? Those bulbs are shorter than these ones. Those are the only dead bulbs left in my car, the entire top row in the unit is dead. Very annoying. Hope someone can help me out!

svxcess 08-13-2008 08:09 PM

OEM part numbers for dash lights, click HERE

The bulbs on the left strip (Cruise, Fog and Security) use 83426PA020 for illumination when the lights are turned on (green lamp behind the wording) and 83426PA030 to light up when they are ON .

The same on the right strip (Rear Defroster and Hazard) Note: the hazard switch shows illumination only when the lights are on; it does not change when pressed, therefore it only takes the 83426PA020 bulb.

redlightningsvx 08-13-2008 08:21 PM

The bulps in the climate control are the same as the ones in the buttons. I know because I replaced them all.

SuberNatural 08-13-2008 11:20 PM

I have all the little bulbs out of the switches, is there a write up on how to replace the bulb part and reuse the base or is it just a straight forward thing?

mysvxrocks 08-14-2008 02:32 AM

Its easy, just wrap the wires around the base like the old ones were. Be sure to keep the little green bulb cover! Or your lights will be white and not green.

CorSVXette 08-14-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 560008)
OEM part numbers for dash lights, click HERE

Thanks for all the info on the bulbs. Now I have to go and check to make sure all those things light up ( I know Tom. You are probably grimacing right now saying "Oh no. Not another bulb change"):D

SoobCrazy 09-15-2010 07:01 PM

Glad I could find these part numbers! Couldn't see the fog lamp switch at night and figured there must be a bulb out! Now I need to find all the rest of the burnt out bulbs and replace them. Has anyone had any expierence with replacing the OEM bulbs with LED lamps?

kwren 09-15-2010 07:24 PM

Does anyone have information for led bulbs for the switches?

Thanks,
Keith:cool:

NiftySVX 09-15-2010 07:25 PM

Probably wouldn't be good. LEDs are directional and the bulbs mount in there from the top, so the side of the bulb faces the actual button. The bulbs are cheap and come in a bag now, I've replaced all of mine including the lock and mirror switch with those and they work well.