The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heaven help us... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31718)

JeffN 02-22-2006 08:47 PM

Heaven help us...

http://www.americandreamcars.com/1995subaru.htm

Dza 02-22-2006 08:54 PM

There was already a thread on this one, but it's still as horrible as the other time I saw it. $16k US? What a deal! :rolleyes:

"Lots of performance upgrades" "265 HP". But I guess he was just too busy to list any modifications to back up his HP claim or attempt to justify his sky-high price.

Also, that windshield banner thing fills me with homicidal rage. (Almost, but not quite as much as the 97 foot, 2 teired, butt fugly spoiler)

Electrophil 02-22-2006 10:19 PM

265 hp? Yeah...right. He must have bought one of those resistors in a fancy box...oops, sorry... performance "chips" on eBay.

I'd like to have that spoiler. It would make a great stand to put tools on.

Crusader 02-22-2006 11:27 PM

The exterior looks awesome except for the window decal and the spoiler... hmmm...

SilverSpear 02-22-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
It would make a great stand to ...

... dry cloth on :D

R. Augur 02-22-2006 11:41 PM

I wonder if he would take $14,500 for it:rolleyes:

I'd better give him a call before any of you blokes beat me to it:p

It's Just Eric 02-23-2006 02:41 AM

....Its worth the 15 grand easy. that wing alone adds like 30 horsepower!
Heres what you do...take the svx for 15 grand...sell the "aftermarket accessories" for 12 grand, then you have yourself a fair deal. Just make sure you take the windshield banner off befoer you even put the key in it...otherwise it'll probly roll itself over just to avoid the humiliation.
Some people...Just....shouldnt own cars. At all. ever.That wing is an embarresment on even the worst Hondas. I mean seriously...how stupid do you have to be to put one of them, on? Does the guy even REALIZE that the car is 90% fwd untill the wheelse actually slip? What good is downforce to the rear wheels? Better yet, does that diving board he call a "wing" even PROVIDE downforce?Is it wind tunnel tested, or was it just approved by a group of idiots with excessive neon lights and "NOS" stickers?
....and this ass wants 15 grand? It isnt worth 15 grand. It isnt even worth stealing. I mean...not like you can get away with an additional 1600 pounds of "downforce" on the trunklid.....And not that youll exactly blend in with a bright red car who's spoiler / wing thingy is actually knocking the police helicopters out of the sky.
But enough about the wing...wheres the rest of the pics for me to ahnialte with text? Hell, wheres the owner, ill go to his house and laugh at him, offer 5 bucks for his car and call him dumb when he refuses it

Ok, i think im done

It's Just Eric 02-23-2006 02:48 AM

...Actually, anyone know when that was posted on that site? I really really really want to ask him how much he wants for it stock....2 owners and 40,000 miles..if it were only abused cosmeticly then he could actually get a fair amount of money AND not get laughed at

Then again....what am I thinking, the guy is probly a noob

LarryIII 02-23-2006 04:07 AM

That was Charles' SVX. He used to live in the Wash. DC area. I recognize the rear spoiler. When I saw the car in person about 5 years ago, it was immaculate.

svxxx26 02-23-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
That was Charles' SVX. He used to live in the Wash. DC area. I recognize the rear spoiler. When I saw the car in person about 5 years ago, it was immaculate.

It looks like one of those rare cases where there's actually a decent car under the add-on crap. Somebody please rescue it.;)

Ricochet 02-23-2006 08:52 AM

She can still be saved

AvPPoW 02-23-2006 10:33 AM

Car was sold two years ago to a couple, went to a dealership down the original owners street, a kid bought it, had problems and sold it to Dayle (Motorsport-Warehouse)

AvPPoW 02-23-2006 11:16 AM

Oh, and mods included a stebro, powerchip, jdm thermostat, custom air intake, impreza fpr, slotted rotors, and a couple others.

Amazonparrot 02-23-2006 01:21 PM

I recall this being advertised quite a while ago...looks just at disgusting now as it did then:(

SubaruPartsGirl 02-23-2006 02:59 PM

That just proves how little most people actually know about the SVX.

:(

Jackie