The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Lambroghini door conversion (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14740)

The Hunter 11-28-2003 09:26 PM

Lambroghini door conversion

Im interested in finding any info on converting Lambro doors on the SVX. I saw it done on that Sweet ride on the SXV Motorsports Warehouse sight under customers rides (Davids ride). Ive done plenty of reserch so I know where to get the parts. I was Just wondering if anyone here has done it or knows some one who has and rather or not it was a pain to install and rather it is still a pain today as far as opening them being the doors are so heavy. Im a competent welder and Technician so Im not scared off on doing this if its a big job. HELP :D :D

Seraph 11-28-2003 09:50 PM

I have CD full of info on that. All I need are the parts (about 600 bucks worth) and set to go. I can share that info with you all.

The Hunter 11-28-2003 10:53 PM

Thanks you wana send it to me on a cd. dose it have a template as to where to drill the mounts and all if so Ill pay for the info. I cant believe you found it all for around $600.00 WOW what a deal. The cheapest I found it was around $1500.00 so please let me know and I'll go out tomarrow and but all the parts. I want this conversion bad It sets the car off so much. The windows are killer but with this conversion it makes the SVX look like the true exotic she is.

Seraph 11-29-2003 09:06 AM

YGPM

The Hunter 12-01-2003 05:27 PM

Has anyone else converted there SVX to Lambro doors in here

CigarJohnny 12-02-2003 10:22 AM

What ever happened to the lambo door kit Double-O-Bondo was putting out? It should have been ready long before now. Come to think of it I haven't seen him on the site in some time now. Anyone heard form him?

wawazat?? 12-02-2003 10:49 AM

Yeah, it got ugly a while back

Nothing ever was made. He and his girl-friend broke up. She came her and trashed him on the site (said he was lying about being able to make a kit) and apparently the thread was deleted as I can't find it.

Todd

Seraph 12-02-2003 11:01 AM

yepp what todd said

GreenMarine 12-02-2003 11:31 AM

That sounds cool, I'd love to see an SVX with Lambo doors!!! Are you guys really gonna do this???

Seraph 12-02-2003 02:21 PM

I am waiting for a little more $$$. As soon as I have enought, hell yeah.

GreenMarine 12-02-2003 02:39 PM

Dude that's Sweet!!!

drivemusicnow 12-02-2003 03:50 PM

Hey Lwin, could you send me that info too? also, if you need any help installing anything after you get the parts i'd love to help. also i have access to a garage for tools and such.

Greg

92SvxChick 12-02-2003 04:47 PM

Double0bondo

Yes, It was me who killed the double0bondo lambo door story. He's alot of talk. For about 5 minutes he thought about doing the doors and that was as far as he went. Never was there any production...and then after he got on here and ragged about me...then yes I wrote about his doors being a farce. Never did he have an SVX. It was my car. And then when I wrote that on the board he deleted the thread to keep people from finding out. Just thought I'd keep you all up to date . ;)

Megan

chris92svxlsl 12-02-2003 05:12 PM

the car in white in your locker "favorite cars" what body kit is that? Also where is that in the background Thailand?

The Hunter 12-03-2003 10:40 AM

Im doing it for sure as soon as I get my info from SERAPH "Thanks". The windows make the car stand out enough but imagine the looks with this door conversion. It will make the SVX look like the true exotic she is. I removed all the Subaru emblems and I'm replacing them with Alcyone emblems even the back center with the back up lights. I got one of those JBM Boxer engine covers off Ebay, and I'm presently modifying it. With a mold and a little resin Im making a new center that says "Alcyone Boxer". Its nice to have sculpters that work for me. I dont drive it much right now becuse Im trying to hide it a little till it warms up again. and I finish all (most) of my mods. :D :D :D