The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guess what?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11054)

SHISVX 05-29-2003 03:09 PM

Guess what??

i fixed my driverside window all by myself! my b/f, covered in oil from doing a change on his truck patted me on my wittle head..:rolleyes: he made fun of me the entire night...i wasn't so proud that i fixed it when he said i couldn't...but..i was just happy that my window was finially fixed...not the first thing i did on that car by myself...or any other car for that matter...but i am just so darn happy that it finially works...believe me...it sucks having to throw ciggys out the sun roof, especially when it is raining:eek: anyways...car is still doing well...and still for sale....cleaned her out again today...:(

Kelli

been really busy lately...i joined my local rescue squad, i love it, it is a great time and everyone is real nice...i am really now considering the paramedic route if anyone remembers my dilema but we shall see come september

Mr. Pockets 05-29-2003 03:22 PM

Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
...it sucks having to throw ciggys out the sun roof, especially when it is raining:eek:
Man, I was real proud of you until I read that part...

Well, good job anyway. I need to dig into my doors so the felt pads stop etching half-inch-wide bands into the glass. Somehow, though, making the car move in all gears seemed like a higher priority. :D

Chicane 05-29-2003 04:25 PM

Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
it sucks having to throw ciggys out the sun roof, especially when it is raining:
Ditto. Not only is smoking a completely vile and disgusting habit, you admit to littering. That's just not freaking cool. Your car has an ash tray for a reason. Oh, you don't want your car to smell like ****?! THEN QUIT FREAKING SMOKING.

I hate it when girls smoke, they have yellow teeth, gross skin, and they smell like poo.

BLECH.

K. I'm done venting.

- Rob

Landshark 05-29-2003 04:49 PM

Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

Ditto. Not only is smoking a completely vile and disgusting habit, you admit to littering. That's just not freaking cool. Your car has an ash tray for a reason. Oh, you don't want your car to smell like ****?! THEN QUIT FREAKING SMOKING.

I hate it when girls smoke, they have yellow teeth, gross skin, and they smell like poo.

BLECH.

K. I'm done venting.

- Rob

what's even more vile and disgusting is annoying non-smokers on a high horse. how about this, Rob - why don't you pick up a heroin habit for a few years and then try to quit. hard you say? well smoking is HARDER to quit than heroin - that's a fact. now I'M done venting.

svxeno 05-29-2003 04:54 PM

Gee...I'm just happy you fixed the window. :D Feels good to fix something on your own. Great sense of accomplishment. Enjoy!

Randy ii

Chicane 05-29-2003 05:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

what's even more vile and disgusting is annoying non-smokers on a high horse. how about this, Rob - why don't you pick up a heroin habit for a few years and then try to quit. hard you say? well smoking is HARDER to quit than heroin - that's a fact. now I'M done venting.

Gee, I feel SO sorry, especially considering the fact you were forced into that addiction.

OH WAIT! YOU WEREN"T!

You did it your damn self. I hate people trying to get out of their responsiblities. I hate smoking, tobacco companies, and stupid people who perpetuate this vile habit. I have quite a few reasons, number one being I have asthma. Since a kid, I've been allergic to smoke. I have to sit up wind from camp fires, and any inconsiderate prick who smokes some place makes it hard for me to breath. Secondly, smokers are inconsiderate. Ever notice how public buildings have that 'do not smoke within 50 ft of entrance' sign? Yeah, see how many smokers follow that rule when it's cold outside. NONE. SO instead, I have to walk through their stench and irritate my lungs, thanks to the habit that smokers never admit they startedin the first place.

Lastly, my grandmother, who's been a smoker her whole life, was recently hospitalized last week and now she has to have an oxygen tank wheel around with her.

AINT SMOKING AWESOME?!

SMOKE AWAY MORONS!

- Rob

Landshark 05-29-2003 05:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:

I hate smoking, and stupid people who perpetuate this vile habit.
Lastly, my grandmother, who's been a smoker her whole life, was recently hospitalized last week and now she has to have an oxygen tank wheel around with her.
- Rob

so you're saying your grandmother is stupid and you hate her? :rolleyes:

smoking is something ignorant teenagers do that later in life they regret. kinda like buying a Neon. :D

Green1995SVX 05-29-2003 05:51 PM

I was running some wires under the carpet in my car the other night and i found a few cigarettes under the carpet. I've had my car for 2 and a half years, and on a hot day, it STILL smells like stale smoke. I've replaced the seats, and scrubbed everything in the interior multiple times. I am very bothered by cigarette smoke myself, but I dont really complain about it as it probably wont make it any better.

Mike

Chicane 05-29-2003 06:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

so you're saying your grandmother is stupid and you hate her? :rolleyes:

Stupid yes. Do I hate her, no.

You know what's fun? Going up to smokers and asking for a cigarette. Then when tehy give you one crumple it up and walk away.

- Rob

Subafreak 05-29-2003 06:13 PM

I like smokers who are trying to quit, I have accuired many items by betting smokers that they can't stop smoking. Slaves to a but.

Oh ya congrats on fixin your own car Kellie, I always find that sexy in a woman.

rcraven32 05-29-2003 06:20 PM

How difficult was it to get the interior off to get to the window?:confused:

Landshark 05-29-2003 07:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:

Stupid yes. Do I hate her, no.

You know what's fun? Going up to smokers and asking for a cigarette. Then when tehy give you one crumple it up and walk away.

- Rob

if you did that to me you wouldn't be walking away. ;)

svxeno 05-29-2003 07:10 PM

The pressure of fanatical non-smokers makes me smoke more...

I'm going to have one right now. MMmmmMm

Randy (I know I'll pay for that) ii

ps: Moderator, please move the smoking part of this thread to the "General SVX Smoking Forum" and leave the congrats for Kelli in place. :D

immortal_suby 05-29-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rcraven32
How difficult was it to get the interior off to get to the window?:confused:
There are only a few screws to get it off - a couple in the armrest under the piece of carpet, a couple at the front of the door. It should pull up slightly and out. There are some "push and snap" clips in the door that will pop out with a little persuasion.

svxeno 05-29-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby

There are only a few screws to get it off - a couple in the armrest under the piece of carpet, a couple at the front of the door. It should pull up slightly and out. There are some "push and snap" clips in the door that will pop out with a little persuasion.

Exactly. Also roll your window down first and after the "pop" lift upwards slightly.

Randy ii