The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Truspeed Catback Exhaust (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64691)

theflystyle 09-19-2018 11:40 AM

Truspeed Catback Exhaust

Hello,

Just noticed there was a catback exhaust listed on the Truespeed website. Its a pre-order so its not yet completed but I didn't know if there was any back story to this kit so I thought I would ask. There is a group-buy price if 10 are reserved but I wont get into that portion.

Link to the product - https://www.truspeed-performance.com...product_id=249

oab_au 09-19-2018 06:02 PM

Re: Truspeed Catback Exhaust

As it, connects after the catalytic converter, it does not have a resonator in the system, so it may have that droning resonance that removing it creates.

theflystyle 09-19-2018 07:12 PM

I guess I should have clarified. I was looking for details about the company, fitment/success with the SVX and if I should actually expect for this part to make it to production.

92 SVX 09-20-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflystyle (Post 749404)
I guess I should have clarified. I was looking for details about the company, fitment/success with the SVX and if I should actually expect for this part to make it to production.

I will be very honest with you, he has had some rough moments in the past but for many years he seems to have been solid and reliable.

theflystyle 09-23-2018 07:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I emailed the company a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

irox 09-23-2018 07:49 PM

For me, Truspeed's service is worse than AMR (I've had ok experiences with AMR).

Around Dec/January I ordered an Aluminium radiator from Truspeed, their's was $25 cheaper than AMR's and appeared to be IN STOCK according to the website. Ok, I'll order one. First the Truspeed guy was sick, ok wait from him to get better, then it turns out, they are not in stock, but they will get them soon (from AMR it turns out). They say they will handle AMR comms and get the radiator. Next they start complaining that AMR put the price up on them (AMR was always advertising at $450 when I've check - which did before ordering from Truspeed) and they want more money from me to cover that, plus shipping costs as well, plus some more ranting/complaining about AMR. Then (not sure when June-ish maybe) they say they are not getting the radiators from AMR will source them from some where.....

Will AMR have shipped their radiators now, but I've got no radiator from Truspeed, and they still have my money. My SVX project sits rotting in the drive way waiting for a new radiator.

At least AMR have delivered, and much fast then Truspeed. Truspeed just seem like a middle-man type deal, you'd be best buying directly from the maker (even if they are AMR...).

So, at your risk.....

Good luck!
Ian.

irox 09-23-2018 07:55 PM

The the Truspeed guy was a member here, but is now banned from some reason:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/member.php?u=3779

And here's a thread from him promoting Truspeed for SVX things. I like the idea...

Cheers,
Ian.

stiguy 10-10-2018 12:31 AM

He is currently not communicating with anyone!! even on Facebook where he was really active.... so there is that..

irox 10-10-2018 12:55 PM

Also, the website says "account suspended".

I've emailed him a couple of times since my last comment and not gotten a response.

92 SVX 10-10-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irox (Post 749509)
Also, the website says "account suspended".

I've emailed him a couple of times since my last comment and not gotten a response.

He responded on facebook today, said he has had something going on no phone/computer access

irox 10-10-2018 05:05 PM

I really want to believe he's a good guy and can be an asset to the SVX community... glad to hear somebody got a message from him.

It's been over 10 months he's had my money now.... AMR radiators are real and for sale. My lovely low mileage SVX is rotting in the drive and I'm not happy how is this is playing out.

Sean486 10-11-2018 04:43 AM

Just saw this on FB. Since he is banned here I figured I would update.

"Nation, I want to sincerely apologise for being MIA for the past 2 and a half weeks. I had some personal issues and didn't have access to any forms of communication. Package is going out tomorrow for Caleb Wilson, I have other items at the post office I am picking up as well and will turn around and ship them out. For those customers who have been inconvenienced by this, they will be receiving gift cards and something extra. Thank you to those who were concerned and reached out to my father. He didn't know what happened and so I apologise that he wasn't any help. Again I apologise, and I am ok now and back amongst society."

sicksubie 10-11-2018 08:35 AM

Based on the item description in the posted link, I would bet money the system will drone something awful....

Cotton 10-12-2018 12:30 PM

Enough is a enough with people doing this **** to our community.

wdb 10-14-2018 03:27 AM

I've been active in several car enthusiast communities. This isn't unique to SVX. I've seen shoddy vendors in all of them. The power of these forums is that they get exposed pretty quickly.