The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The war in Iraq (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33467)

Suby Fan 05-31-2006 07:52 PM

The war in Iraq

Thoughts sugustions? i would give mine but i would like to keep my balls :D
plus i love reading all of your rants with bipa trowing in random bits of research

Noir 05-31-2006 07:59 PM

I happy that we're over there civilizing those savages over there. The end is near and we spread God's unspoken words. :p

NikFu S. 05-31-2006 08:42 PM

I not really care what we do over there over there. :D :D

I in the US where guns are not usually pointed at me. :p

---

On serious note:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106624

Recent massacre in Iraq. Poster didn't give a source so it's a link to a thread.

Not happy about this event here...

Noir 05-31-2006 11:52 PM

i like war...

WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Electrophil 06-01-2006 09:59 AM

Ehhh... I don't think anyone is for the war anymore. Give it a couple more weeks, and you'll have Bush out there in front of Cheney's house with a picket sign. He'll have his press secretary write it up though.... Gotta get that speeling rite.

mohrds 06-01-2006 10:02 AM

Well its pretty simple. Prior to the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, there were an avearge of one terrorist attack against the US every 9 months. Since the war started there has been one for over four years.

The phiosophy is simple, bring the war back to their home soil to get it off of ours. Basic military stratagy that has been used sucsessfully for centuries.

Quote:

January 25, 2003: Mir Aimal Kansi, a Pakistani, fires an AK-47 assault rifle into cars waiting at a stoplight in front of the Central Intelligence Agency headquarters. Two CIA employees died,

February 26, 2003: World Trade Center bombing kills 6 and injures over 1000 people, by coalition of five groups: Jamaat Al-Fuqra'/Gamaat Islamiya/Hamas/Islamic Jihad/National Islamic Front [1],

June 15, 2003: Failed New York City landmark bomb plot,

December 11, 1994: A small bomb explodes on board Philippine Airlines Flight 434 bound for LAX, killing a Japanese businessman

June 25, 1996: Khobar Towers bombing -- In all, 19 U.S. servicemen and one Saudi were killed and 372 wounded, by Hizballah Al-Hijaz (Saudi Hizballah) with Iranian support,

February 24, 1997: An armed man opens fire on tourists at an observation deck atop the Empire State Building in New York City, United States, killing a Danish national and wounding visitors from the United States, Argentina, Switzerland and France before turning the gun on himself. A handwritten note carried by the gunman claims this was a punishment attack against the "enemies of Palestine".

August 7, 1998: U.S. embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, killing 225 people and injuring more than 4,000, by al-Qaeda,

December 14, 1999: Ahmed Ressam is arrested on the United States–Canada border in Port Angeles, Washington; he confessed to planning to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport as part of the 2000 millennium attack plots

January 21, 2000: Millennium attack plot fails, as the boat meant to bomb USS The Sullivans sinks.

October 12, 2000: USS Cole bombing kills 17 US sailors and wounds 40 off the port coast of Aden, Yemen, by al-Qaeda

September 11, 2001: killed almost 3,000 in a series of hijacked airliner crashes into two U.S. landmarks: the World Trade Center in New York City, New York, and The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. A fourth plane, originally intended to hit The White House, crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, by al-Qaeda

December 22, 2001: Richard Reid, attempting to destroy American Airlines Flight 63, is subdued by passengers and flight attendants before he could detonate his shoe bomb.

June 14, 2002: Car bomb at US Consulate in Karachi kills 12.

Electrophil 06-01-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds

The phiosophy is simple, bring the war back to their home soil to get it off of ours. Basic military stratagy that has been used sucsessfully for centuries.

Yeah, it works great. I've been worried about my house getting robbed. So last night I broke into my neighbor's house and put all his stuff out in his front yard. I tripped on a rug, which ticked me off, so I shot his dog. Just a small consequence in this war on burglary. But the results will be excellent. Any thieves will be so busy with him, I won't have to worry about me anymore!

Of course, the effect will wear off once all his stuff is gone, and then I'll also have this highly ticked off neighbor looking for revenge. I'll worry about the increased effect later. A good idea is to do the same thing to another neighbor when his effect wears off. Better yet, the next house I'll do will be on the West side... It'll lure the thieves over there.

Climb off your dream ride. Terrorism is worse today than it has ever been. There are more terrorists today. Their populations are exploding. Those are still American citizens getting blown up by those roadside bombs, and all those extra civilian deaths.... You think they are begrudging Saddam over those? Wake up.

In other words, terrorism on American citizens have increased from once every 9 months or so (by your calcs,) to a daily occurance, with new terrorists being created out of the blue with every Mother, Father, Brother, or Sister killed...... You think they aren't upset? They had nothing to do with anything, and a bomb falls on their house? Wake up. Someone bombs my house, and kills members of my family...just because I live here? And then I read in the news some yahoo is saying better me than him?? And he's the one that bombed me?? Somebody is going to pay if it takes my life doing it.

We opened up a huge terrorism machine by invading Iraq. There are about 3 people left that still buys in to that "bring the war to them in Iraq", the other 280 million have morals and knows Iraq wasn't involved in terrorism.

I'm shocked someone actually came forward with support for the war.

mohrds 06-01-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
In other words, terrorism on American citizens have increased from once every 9 months or so (by your calcs,) to a daily occurrence, with new terrorists being created out of the blue with every Mother, Father, Brother, or Sister killed...... You think they aren't upset? They had nothing to do with anything, and a bomb falls on their house? Wake up. Someone bombs my house, and kills members of my family...just because I live here? And then I read in the news some yahoo is saying better me than him?? And he's the one that bombed me?? Somebody is going to pay if it takes my life doing it.

You seem to forget that many more families did lose loved ones under Saddam's rule. You think they forgot that? I wouldn't forget.

Quote:

We opened up a huge terrorism machine by invading Iraq. There are about 3 people left that still buys in to that "bring the war to them in Iraq", the other 280 million have morals and knows Iraq wasn't involved in terrorism.

Um, you keep believing what you want. At least you won't get jailed and killed for expressing it.

Quote:

I'm shocked someone actually came forward with support for the war.

There are lots of people that support it. The majority of Iraqis support it, however you wouldn't know that from the liberal media. Iraqis making gifts for soldiers, saying prayers for them, thanking them for bringing them running water for the first time in 25 years, giving them the ability to watch satellite TV without fear of being jailed. Yeah, I can understand why they'd hate us. :rolleyes:

The majority of violence in Iraq is aimed at the Iraqi government and Iraqi police. The US is just there along side them. Look where the roadside bombs and IEDs are being set off. Police recruiting stations, government buildings or markets in front of government buildings, police checkpoints, Iraqi soldier barracks. The majority of the violence is related to civil unrest, not retaliation at the US. Granted there are anti-US people still there, but the media lumps ALL civil unrest as insurgency against the US to spin opinion to the way they want it.

Electrophil 06-01-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds
You seem to forget that many more families did lose loved ones under Saddam's rule. You think they forgot that? I wouldn't forget.

Um, you keep believing what you want. At least you won't get jailed and killed for expressing it.

There are lots of people that support it. The majority of Iraqis support it, however you wouldn't know that from the liberal media. Iraqis making gifts for soldiers, saying prayers for them, thanking them for bringing them running water for the first time in 25 years, giving them the ability to watch satellite TV without fear of being jailed. Yeah, I can understand why they'd hate us. :rolleyes:

The majority of violence in Iraq is aimed at the Iraqi government and Iraqi police. The US is just there along side them. Look where the roadside bombs and IEDs are being set off. Police recruiting stations, government buildings or markets in front of government buildings, police checkpoints, Iraqi soldier barracks. The majority of the violence is related to civil unrest, not retaliation at the US. Granted there are anti-US people still there, but the media lumps ALL civil unrest as insurgency against the US to spin opinion to the way they want it.

I can't deny there is a lot of spin out there on both sides. I wish they would give it a rest and just report what's happening, and leave it up to the reader to form their own opinion. That's a pipe dream.

It's also extremely obvious the insurgency is going after the civilian population.

But it still does not negate the fact that invading Iraq was a mistake. The harm it is causing us, and the future harm guaranteed against us is huge. A significant point to be made is that preventing terrorism was reason #2 from this administration, and we have since moved on to reason #3.

Regardless of their "drop down list" of reasons, we shouldn't be there. Never should have considered it in the first place due to the same reasonings Bush Sr. pointed out after the Kuwaiti liberation. "We will walk into a quagmire."

And I would bet that behind doors, Bush Sr. told his son it's a really bad idea, and is probably still beating him up today over it.

Most of the deaths under Saddam's rule was against the Kurds in the outer regions, and not in Baghdad, etc. There is our main concern, and that's where the terrorism is going to originate for the next 2 or 3 generations. The Kurds are over there fat, dumb, and happy. They are the only ones so far that have benefitted.

Manarius 06-01-2006 02:29 PM

Simple powers of math to do this one.

War = Draft
Draft = Bad
War = Bad

'nough said. (Look at my age and you'll understand)

Bipa 06-01-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
Simple powers of math to do this one.

War = Draft
Draft = Bad
War = Bad

'nough said. (Look at my age and you'll understand)

Naw.... ya got it all wrong. War is good! Especially when it takes place far from home. ;) It stimulates the economy. It gives unemployed youth something to do. It energizes the writers and thinkers and press. Enrollment at universities and colleges goes up (to avoid that draft if possible) The number of couples choosing to finally get married and have kids also goes up (to avoid that draft if possible). Core family values come back into vogue and everyone starts talking about honour and loyalty and bravery. Flags pop up everywhere as patriotism becomes "de rigueur".

Yep.....war is good! :rolleyes:

lhopp77 06-01-2006 03:24 PM

Amen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa
Naw.... ya got it all wrong. War is good! Especially when it takes place far from home. ;) It stimulates the economy. It gives unemployed youth something to do. It energizes the writers and thinkers and press. Enrollment at universities and colleges goes up (to avoid that draft if possible) The number of couples choosing to finally get married and have kids also goes up (to avoid that draft if possible). Core family values come back into vogue and everyone starts talking about honour and loyalty and bravery. Flags pop up everywhere as patriotism becomes "de rigueur".

Amen!! :)

Lee

Electrophil 06-01-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa

I forwarded this to Fox news. You'll be receiving your medal in about 6 days. :D

lhopp77 06-01-2006 04:22 PM

Shiite Muslims?

Quote:

I can't deny there is a lot of spin out there on both sides. I wish they would give it a rest and just report what's happening, and leave it up to the reader to form their own opinion. That's a pipe dream.

It's also extremely obvious the insurgency is going after the civilian population.

Most of the deaths under Saddam's rule was against the Kurds in the outer regions, and not in Baghdad, etc. There is our main concern, and that's where the terrorism is going to originate for the next 2 or 3 generations. The Kurds are over there fat, dumb, and happy. They are the only ones so far that have benefitted.

Actually the Saddam regime killed, murdered, persecuted and deported hundreds of thousands more Shiite Muslims than it did Kurds. Hence, the major problem right now in forming a viable and stable regime. The Shiites are in the majority and remember the bad times under the Saddam regime made up of mostly Sunnis. If those two can work out the differences, the Kurds are not a problem and a stable government will be possible.

I definitely hope so and have my fingers crossed since I am betting on it to the tune of 3 Million Iraqi Dinar.

Lee

Electrophil 06-01-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77

I definitely hope so and have my fingers crossed since I am betting on it to the tune of 3 Million Iraqi Dinar.

Lee

I've been contemplating this same thing. Even with complete civil war, and a new U.S. Administration that pulls completely out, the Shiites will maintain control with help from the Iranians. Or.... it goes into obscurity such as the Saddam Dinar. This is definately an all or nothing risk. I commend you for your gonads on this, and it may very well pan out to millionaire status...... or.... you lose a few thousand. We've all done that by being SVX affectionados. :D

I'm sincerely contemplating this.

oops... Hijack...

I cede back to the masses.