The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hydra Nemesis (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46348)

TomsSVX 09-26-2008 04:12 PM

Hydra Nemesis

Ok well its about time I spilled the beans. I have been working with Hydra EMS for the past couple months working on getting a plug/play standalone for our cars. We are in the final stages of development and I should have my test unit by late this week/early next week. For more information on the unit check out our site here. These units are very precise and have copious amounts of adjust-ability. Enough to get a novice in a lot of trouble if not tuned properly. That is why I am working on some road tune maps which will allow the car to be driven normally until the user decides to have it dyno tuned independently.

The Hydra Nemesis is NOW AVAILABLE to ALL SVXi. 1992-1997. Yes, OBDII owners can get it too. It is compatible with both automatic and manual conversions.

Ok got some clear answers to many of your questions listed below.

MAF???
- The Nemesis software calculates load on the basis of a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor in combination with an intake air temp sensor(needs to be fitted).
* The advantage of using a MAP...
-Intake restrictions to a single pipe are non-existent so you can effectively run dual intakes, or any intake configuration you think will work best.
- A more accurate reading of actual engine load especially for forced induction applications.

Fuel Injectors???
- The Nemesis can handle both high and low impedance injectors of any size. It is up to the tuner to calculate fuel maps to suite the injectors. If maintaining the same fuel profile, I can effectively create a fuel map easily to accept the larger injectors to get you started.
-Full sequential injection is maintained. Also available with the ability to add up to six extra batch fire injectors if you find yourself running out of fuel with accurate sequential control of up to 1200cc injectors. Granted most people will never need this much fuel, it is still available to go further.

Ignition Coils???
- The base maps will be created around the stock ignition coils, but at any time you can change your coils for higher dwell and a hotter spark. Waste spark coil systems can also be fitted.

On-the-fly tuning???
- The Nemesis gives you full control of every engine parameter you could want, and many you will never use. They go above and beyond in creating a system that gives you almost endless usability. Most engine parameters can be changed on the fly for monitoring your best results.

Now, this should answer most generic questions, I expect to get and have already received from peoples interested. I am going to take a step further and answer other questions that may come in the future.

- The Hydra Nemesis does indeed replace both function and physical properties of the stock ECU... In other words, you take the stock ECU out and replace it with the new unit completely, this is no piggy-back system.

- Controls of the air conditioning and cooling fans can be programmed into the unit by several different means. With the base maps will be rudimentary controls to make them work. It is up to the end user to have their tuner and/or installer fine tune these systems. I will do my best to set it up close to a stock configuration on the base maps.

- The Nemesis offers launch controls that can be activated by a simple switch and maps can be created to further articulate their function.

- Traction control is also something the Nemesis is capable of and I will be working on making it a possibility for us in the future.

-Analog inputs are accepted for outside sensors like a wideband for datalogging and tuning purposes.

There is much more to the unit than what is listed here but these are generally going to be the major concerns of interested parties. Once the basemaps are established and working well, my next goal is to make the Nemesis unit fully functional with the automatic transmission, which should not be all that hard to implement given the substantial availability of inputs and outputs the unit has to offer. Also, the automatic maps are available, I have written torque control maps to maintain the safety features of the stock torque control, which the end user can decide to use or dismiss under the FULL understanding that while it may give a small boost in performance is a GREAT risk to transmission internals.

Any more questions feel free to ask but I will begin my work on the base maps when I return to NJ at the end of my trip.

I got allowance to post pricing :)
Pricing:
Hydra Nemesis: $1700(OBDI), $1800(OBDII)
Base Maps: $150
Torque Control harness upgrade and Map: $50
Wideband Sensor and Harness: $400

Tom

sicksubie 09-26-2008 04:18 PM

Re: EM Solution

booo yah....... :D

SVXRide 09-26-2008 05:35 PM

Woot! +1 :cool:

-Bill

NikFu S. 09-26-2008 06:24 PM

/keepseyeonthisthread

Johnybeas 09-26-2008 06:38 PM

watching intently.........

sicksubie 09-26-2008 07:28 PM

Can I blink yet????

Nevin 09-26-2008 10:38 PM

Has anyone tried megasquirt on these things yet? I had an MSnS unit built for my probe about a year ago for my turbo project, but I have yet to install it. The probe guys love it though, and the newer ones (MS units) keep improving by leaps and bounds. Still not as advanced as some of the high dollar (motec, haltech, etc...) but very effective for the price.

TomsSVX 09-27-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevin (Post 565777)
Has anyone tried megasquirt on these things yet? I had an MSnS unit built for my probe about a year ago for my turbo project, but I have yet to install it. The probe guys love it though, and the newer ones (MS units) keep improving by leaps and bounds. Still not as advanced as some of the high dollar (motec, haltech, etc...) but very effective for the price.

The unit I am working on has so much control it can easily get you into trouble if you don't know what you are doing. Thats the hold-up right now. We are working on getting a base map so the car can run, and run well, with the starter map. This way you can drive it around and get to a dyno when it is most convenient for you. Not to mention there are several tuning shops in my immediate area very familiar with the unit so finding a good tuner shouldn't be an issue. I would imagine it would be a similar scenario anywhere you go.

Tom

Nevin 09-27-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 565807)
The unit I am working on has so much control it can easily get you into trouble if you don't know what you are doing. Thats the hold-up right now. We are working on getting a base map so the car can run, and run well, with the starter map. This way you can drive it around and get to a dyno when it is most convenient for you. Not to mention there are several tuning shops in my immediate area very familiar with the unit so finding a good tuner shouldn't be an issue. I would imagine it would be a similar scenario anywhere you go.

Tom

That's how my unit was setup too. Conservative timing so you don't break anything, but a very reliable tune that will idle nicely and get you where you're going.

Sov13t 09-27-2008 01:12 PM

Tom ftw

/me foresees dyno meets

/me <3 dyno meets

:D

Crazy_pilot 09-27-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 565807)

Tom

Is this going to be the sort of thing you can plug into a laptop and tune on the fly? Something about having to leave the dyno, re-tune, and come back makes it all so much less efficient.:rolleyes:

TomsSVX 09-27-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 565862)
Is this going to be the sort of thing you can plug into a laptop and tune on the fly? Something about having to leave the dyno, re-tune, and come back makes it all so much less efficient.:rolleyes:

In so many words yes.

Tom

Crazy_pilot 09-27-2008 08:34 PM

Sweet..................

SVXRide 09-28-2008 02:10 PM

Where do we get in line? :D
-Bill
p.s. will this be a "portable" solution vs having to drive up to scenic Atlantic City?

TomsSVX 09-28-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 566024)
Where do we get in line? :D
-Bill
p.s. will this be a "portable" solution vs having to drive up to scenic Atlantic City?

call me...

Tom