The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What can we do? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16610)

Uncamitzi 02-20-2004 04:47 PM

What can we do?

Chris? Do you need our help with this? I'm feeling guilty that I've gotten so much from this board. I feel like I could be contributing more...

again... is there anything we (I) can do to help?:confused:

immortal_suby 02-20-2004 06:38 PM

Anyone with paypal can easily make a donation to Chris for his time and money in keeping the network alive. In the past I have used xxxxxxxxxxxxx in paypal to go directly to Chris.
(I hope posting that doesn't get me in trouble, but you deserve some help, Chris - and you're too modest to ask for it)

Using paypal@subaru-svx.net will go to the official svx network treasury which will then divy up the funds with part of it going to the cost of running this server.

ensteele 02-21-2004 12:04 AM

I was just thinking the same thing. Aren't membership fees due again? Sounds like some $$ may be needed. I was going to PM Chris and find out if that would help.

WestCoastSVX 02-21-2004 10:57 AM

I'm still confused on this. Where else do the funds that go to subaru-svx.net go besides Chris and the server when they are "divyed up"? :confused: If the "club" end of it isn't doing anything besides funding the server, seems like some confusion could be eliminated by just having one paypal and no "membership dues".

Or maybe I'm just in the dark about this and someone could it explain it to me better than has been. :)

At any rate, thanks for Chris's Paypal address, I asked him directly for it a couple months ago and never heard back (probably that modesty you are talking about ;)). I have a bunch of people that have been waiting for this info so they can help contribute to this site they have gained from. :)

Chris 02-21-2004 02:54 PM

That is an old email address that I seriously doubt will work with paypal.
Give me some time and I will arrange a proper donation lifeline. This will be quite helpful very soon since we will be paying more for bandwidth again. To be honest, the "club" portion was baying for bandwidth for a while until I moved the server and never set up billing again. If anyone has a good deal on a Cisco router that is capable of VLANs and has a WIC slot, please let me know. I am going to unfortunately purchase one soon for the T1 end. Thinking about a 1751 series.

Subafreak 02-22-2004 12:58 PM

I have a nice Black and Decker router that can cut some nice V-lines and has an adapter for making all kinds of slots. Will that help:confused: :D

Andy 02-22-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
I have a nice Black and Decker router that can cut some nice V-lines and has an adapter for making all kinds of slots. Will that help:confused: :D
Naa, this is a professional outfit, he would demand at least Bosch, if not De Walt :p

Noir 02-26-2004 02:39 PM

i'm partial to makita tools

Noir 02-26-2004 02:41 PM

oh and thank you again chris for the great work. i'm ready to donate. although i would also like to see where the funds goes to. bandwidth, hardware, etc. thanks :D

Uncamitzi 02-27-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
oh and thank you again chris for the great work. i'm ready to donate. although i would also like to see where the funds goes to. bandwidth, hardware, etc. thanks :D
I've seen it! at least in it's previous generation. Chis does a great job, All the way around. I still have the video of him winning the class at Thunderbird raceway last year in his bone stock teal SVX (us teals have to stick together)

Chis , I've done some editing on this but don't quite know how to get it hosted... I'm willing to take suggestions. And you should see my modest contribution tonight when I get home on a secure computer..:cool:

b3lha 03-01-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
If anyone has a good deal on a Cisco router that is capable of VLANs and has a WIC slot, please let me know. I am going to unfortunately purchase one soon for the T1 end. Thinking about a 1751 series.
Chris,

I have a spare Cisco 2524 that I would be happy to donate provided the cost of shipping it to you from the UK is not excessive. It has a T1 module installed and I believe it is capable of VLANS.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...boa/boaovr.htm

Send me an email if it meets your requirement and we'll discuss further.

Failing that, I have a few newer ones at work - 1600 and 2600 series. But I would have to sell them rather than donate them. :(

Let me know.

Phil Skuse.

immortal_suby 03-01-2004 05:27 PM

If that router is what we need I'll chip in some of the shipping charges. :)

Chicane 03-07-2004 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Chis , I've done some editing on this but don't quite know how to get it hosted... I'm willing to take suggestions. And you should see my modest contribution tonight when I get home on a secure computer..:cool:

I can edit it, and host it. PM me if you want.

- Rob

Chicane 03-07-2004 07:46 PM

I don't make much money, but I'd be willing to contribute. Just don't ask for too much, because I need it to fix my exhaust, windshield, paint, etc etc etc. You understand we have to keep the SVXs in good condition. Gotta 'represent'. ;)

- Rob

John19688 03-08-2004 12:41 PM

SubaruSVX.com willing to help

Chris,

It sounds like you have an excellent course of action mapped out for the continued future of the SVX World Network. If, during the transition, you need the assistance/temporary space/whatever of SubaruSVX.com, let me know. I'd be happy to help

-John