The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to create a Personal Locker (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15794)

Warren C 01-20-2004 10:19 AM

How to create a Personal Locker

New member......

Don't find any instructions on the Personal Locker page on how to create one

Can someone help me out ??

Warren C.

GreenMarine 01-20-2004 11:58 AM

Go into your User CP ( up at the top of this page )... One of the choices along the top of the page after you click on "User CP" will be "Personal Locker"... Click on that... When you go in there should be an option that says add or delete files or folders... That's how, good luck

Warren C 01-20-2004 12:06 PM

Thanks, got it done...

Now I can upload a photo of this little hose that fell out on the floor when I removed my radiator.......to find out what its for and where to put it back.

Small right angle hose about 2" each side with round plastic fittings on each end.....not made to hold any pressure....possible a drain hose or something.....??????

I'll post a photo....??/

Warren C.

nubs 01-20-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Warren C
Thanks, got it done...

Small right angle hose about 2" each side with round plastic fittings on each end.....not made to hold any pressure....possible a drain hose or something.....??????

Warren C.

The hose you a describing sounds to me like the vent hose for the fuel charcoal cannister. It goes in the bottom of it, then to a hole in the frame rail. Click here for Picture

Warren C 01-20-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nubs

The hose you a describing sounds to me like the vent hose for the fuel purge cannister. It goes in the bottom of it, then to a hole in the frame rail. Click here for Picture

Nubs...,

Sounds right....that's the side of the engine bay it fell out of .....and I moved the canister while re-installing the radiator.....

Thanks, I'll check it out this evening.

Warren C.

GreenMarine 01-20-2004 02:21 PM

You just got your SVX and you are already taking it apart???

Warren C 01-20-2004 02:40 PM

Taking it Apart

No choice...except to fix it or part it out.

Bought it cheap...mostly for the value of the engine......because the PO had rearended a sport ute....

First I just thought I wanted the engine to transplant into a Volkswagon Vanagon....then, since the damag wasn't too bad... I thought I'd like to see what it was like to drive an SVX for a while.

But the originally cheap price is going up fast....parts for these babies are high.

Know where I can find a hood ?? Got most everthing else I need except a reasonably priced bodywork person.

Warren C.

GreenMarine 01-20-2004 03:21 PM

Re: Taking it Apart

Quote:

Originally posted by Warren C

Know where I can find a hood ?? Got most everthing else I need except a reasonably priced bodywork person.

Warren C.

I know that there are a few people on here with SVX's that they are parting out... However shipping is gonna be a B***H though... There's the Carbon Fibre hood from .......... Damn forgot the company's name... Just Search for Carbon Fiber Hood if you are interested in that... I think it was on sale for $350 the last I heard...

mark10t 01-20-2004 04:08 PM

<<I just thought I wanted the engine to transplant into a Volkswagon Vanagon....>>

Wow!- that I'd have to see- an SVX-powered Vanagon! (I used to own an early 80's Camper Vanagon) That would be the fastest Vanagon I've ever seen. (Well, maybe except for that one the VW/Porsche factory guys modified with the hot 911 engine in it to cruise the Autobahn.)

-Mark

GreenMarine 01-20-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
<<I just thought I wanted the engine to transplant into a Volkswagon Vanagon....>>

Wow!- that I'd have to see- an SVX-powered Vanagon! (I used to own an early 80's Camper Vanagon) That would be the fastest Vanagon I've ever seen. (Well, maybe except for that one the VW/Porsche factory guys modified with the hot 911 engine in it to cruise the Autobahn.)

-Mark

www.smallcar.com <----------------------Look there