The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   200mph SVX??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15673)

NapaBavarian 01-15-2004 09:01 PM

200mph SVX???

I always wanted a 200 MPH car, and with a .29 or .27 CD, it's been a while since I saw the number, SVX would be perfect. Here's my plan, search out a non sunroof car and gut it, keep only nessicary parts, remove as much weight as possible from items such as hood, trunk, and doors, add a large turbo with a liquid to air intercooler, 2 lightweight bucket seats etc etc etc... What'd yall think???

mbtoloczko 01-15-2004 10:37 PM

Re: 200mph SVX???

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
etc etc etc... What'd yall think???
Forget the turbo, don't gut the car, add 1000 lbs in bricks to the back seat, and find the steepest, longest downhill you can find.

SubaSteevo 01-15-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Ietc etc etc... What'd yall think???
Step 1: Build an indestructable tranny

Step 2: ?

Step 3: 200mph SVX

:D
Beware the underpants gnomes!

Andy 01-16-2004 12:49 AM

Remember to change your tyres

drivemusicnow 01-16-2004 01:07 AM

wouldn't work.... with the stock gearing, and all the horsies in the world, you're redlining at i believe close to 190... change up the gearing, or get really big tires, and you'd be set

LarryIII 01-16-2004 04:22 AM

1. Call the Army.
2. Rent a C-5A Galaxy.
3. Drive onto the plane with the front of the svx facing the planes tail.
4. Have the pilot take you up to 50,000 ft. and drop the plane's tail ramp.
5. Rev up the SVX's engine and drop her into 3..make sure you engage "power mode".
6. Drive off the back of the plane.
7. Keep the revs up and wave bye bye to the pilot & crew.
8. Make sure you keep the front tires pointed straight forward.
9. At about 2,500 ft you should be at 200 mph.
10. Watch out for the sudden stop at sea level. :D

CigarJohnny 01-16-2004 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
1. Call the Army.
2. Rent a C-5A Galaxy.
3. Drive onto the plane with the front of the svx facing the planes tail.
4. Have the pilot take you up to 50,000 ft. and drop the plane's tail ramp.
5. Rev up the SVX's engine and drop her into 3..make sure you engage "power mode".
6. Drive off the back of the plane.
7. Keep the revs up and wave bye bye to the pilot & crew.
8. Make sure you keep the front tires pointed straight forward.
9. At about 2,500 ft you should be at 200 mph.
10. Watch out for the sudden stop at sea level. :D

LOL! That would work for sure. Just look out for a flat spin. The ultimate in 200mph donuts!

-Johnny

CigarJohnny 01-16-2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow
wouldn't work.... with the stock gearing, and all the horsies in the world, you're redlining at i believe close to 190... change up the gearing, or get really big tires, and you'd be set
I believe it is geared for 197 at redline but has nowhere near enough power to push it at that speed. I am sure that any engine modifications to get the kind of horsepower necessary to attain that speed would most likely result in a much higher rev limit so it might be possible afterall.

-Johnny

Green1995SVX 01-16-2004 07:46 AM

The PPG Pace Car is capable of doing over 200mph.

Mike

alacrity024 01-16-2004 09:47 AM

hm.. what about one of those JATO rockets?

-adam

GreenMarine 01-16-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
The PPG Pace Car is capable of doing over 200mph.

Mike

How do you know this Mike??? Where do ya get info on this damn thing anyway??? I've only seen pictures, damnit!!! I want to see specs on the thing!!!!

NapaBavarian 01-16-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
LOL! That would work for sure. Just look out for a flat spin. The ultimate in 200mph donuts!

-Johnny

A flat spin would definatly get the adrenaline going, not quite what I'm looking for:D same end affect as the driving out of the C5, a assume it's a flat spin in a small plane:(

immortal_suby 01-17-2004 06:53 AM

Quote:

I always wanted a 200 MPH car, and with a .29 or .27 CD, it's been a while since I saw the number, SVX would be perfect. Here's my plan, search out a non sunroof car and gut it, keep only nessicary parts, remove as much weight as possible from items such as hood, trunk, and doors, add a large turbo with a liquid to air intercooler, 2 lightweight bucket seats etc etc etc... What'd yall think???
Weight does nothing to affect top speed. It is all in drag and horsies. Don't bother gutting the car, just get some naws, dawg.

Noir 01-17-2004 01:15 PM

weld some wings on, add another engine and some propellers. :D

or buy a rocket from greenmarine. one of those big ones and weld it to the top of your car. install a red button somewhere on the inside and label it 'TURBO BOOST'

NapaBavarian 01-17-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
or buy a rocket from greenmarine. one of those big ones and weld it to the top of your car. install a red button somewhere on the inside and label it 'TURBO BOOST'
JATO? Wasn't there an urban legend arround about that? The details always change, but the basic story line is this guy buys 1 or more JATO's and secures it/them to his car, when he hits the brakes they melt as do the tires, then the whole contraption takes off flying into a cliff, all that is found are some metal shards and his teeth:rolleyes: it's a good story anyway:p