The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Overpaid for SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3295)

DavieGravy 03-25-2002 02:31 AM

Overpaid for SVX?

I spent $7400 on my svx. It's a 92 LSL. Leather interior and climate control, althought the front leather seats are a little cracked. It had 64k on it at the time with a tranny that had about 5k. Bad tires also. No service records. Paint was good, althought a few door dings. Just curious.
Thanks.

Dave

SHISVX 03-25-2002 05:20 AM

Re: Overpaid for SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
I spent $7400 on my svx. It's a 92 LSL. Leather interior and climate control, althought the front leather seats are a little cracked. It had 64k on it at the time with a tranny that had about 5k. Bad tires also. No service records. Paint was good, althought a few door dings. Just curious.
Thanks.

Dave

i spent 4,000 on my svx and it is a 92 LSL. the car is in pretty good shape (after i had the dealer fix everything that was wrong with it-rotors, speedo) there are a few dings, but nothing to noticable. the car had 98,000 miles on it. my interior is almost perfect with a little crack on the side of the driver's seat and it came with new tires. to your question about whether you paid to much is..i think a little high. i got lucky with my find, so it is hard to compare. good luck with the car anyways.....what color is it?

Kelli

Mr. Pockets 03-25-2002 09:28 AM

Re: Overpaid for SVX?

Quote:

Thanks.

Dave

I don't think you overpaid at all. But that's just me.

wasions 03-25-2002 12:46 PM

First of all - you can't be an idiot - you bought an SVX! :)

Secondly - within months - perhaps days - the value of these cars is going to skyrocket, and then you'll have a rolling retirement account. :D :cool: :cool: :D

(I can dream too, Aredub. :p )

Aredubjay 03-25-2002 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
First of all - you can't be an idiot - you bought an SVX! :)

Secondly - within months - perhaps days - the value of these cars is going to skyrocket, and then you'll have a rolling retirement account. :D :cool: :cool: :D

(I can dream too, Aredub. :p )

Like I've said before, the values can't skyrocket until I get another one.

Meanwhile, just to make you feel a WHOLE LOT better, I paid 8,990.00 for mine, almost three years ago (actually 5,990 + 3,000 for my 89 Suzuki Sidekick with 130K on the clock). It had 109K on it and (unbeknownst to me at the time) it had the transmission from a '91 Legacy (red, for those who might be wondering :) ).

The rubber was good (Bridgestone RE910's -- except they were T-rated, on a car with lowest rating of V being recommended), but I only got one key, no remotes. Big bonus: I got the "Manual on Tape" owner's video.

I paid this not knowing sh!t from apple butter about the car, so, I felt I was getting a great deal (all that car and that "teeny" price).

So, if you go by my example -- no, you didn't get shafted - ya done good. :D

Mr. Pockets 03-25-2002 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
So, if you go by my example -- no, you didn't get shafted - ya done good. :D
You should always go by Randy's example. That's what I've been doing* and I haven't gone wrong yet.

*For the past three and a half minutes.

Aredubjay 03-25-2002 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

You should always go by Randy's example. That's what I've been doing* and I haven't gone wrong yet.

*For the past three and a half minutes.

Then, you should change to FOP. :D

DavieGravy 03-25-2002 02:05 PM

I gather then that most people think that was a reasonable price for my ebony SVX. I feel better now.

Aredubjay 03-25-2002 02:13 PM

Quote:

I gather then that most people think that was a reasonable price for my ebony SVX. I feel better now.
Feel good, my man. Enjoy your SVX and your pale ales (but not at the same time). It's all good! :D

EverclearAtMSU 03-25-2002 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Secondly - within months - perhaps days - the value of these cars is going to skyrocket, and then you'll have a rolling retirement account.

ummm, any special reason to that?

nvrmore100 03-25-2002 02:52 PM

I spent $800 on my 92 LSL....

Then I spent the next 3 months fixing all the things that are wrong with it. Along with a new tranny....

In the end spent about $4500 total for the car, still needs a lot of paint work.

Boone 03-25-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

ummm, any special reason to that?

ummm, clandestine pharmacuticals in the '70s? :eek: :p

Royal Tiger 03-25-2002 03:19 PM

In June of 2000 I paid between $14,000 and $15,000 (Hard to figure out exact amount as they paid off my 1996 Impreza) for my red 1994 LSi with 39,000 miles. Car looks great with no major interior or exterior problems. I have 55,500 on her now.

Dan

Boone 03-25-2002 03:28 PM

Since we're tellin stories. March 2000 I paid 19K for my '96 Ebony Lsi 42K miles with an extended warranty. It was perfect and I wanted it. Warranty paid for 3 wheel bearings and a "knuckle" housing that finally fixed the problem and replacing the transfer clutch packs. Was a Florida lease car, 82K now. :p B.

calmone 03-25-2002 05:31 PM

oh, it is pearl! in that case you certainly overpid. now if it was teal or claret............................................ ..........