The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Proven Engine Enhancements (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   minor svx engine power ups? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42333)

subbieatnz 12-14-2007 03:14 AM

minor svx engine power ups?

hey im just wondering what i can do 2 get an bit more power from my svx?
i just want to do miner stuff till i can save up enought money for getting an lot more power out of it

thanx:p

subbieatnz 12-14-2007 03:18 AM

I Know about doing air filter and exhaust to make it breath better
just what else can i do?

processengr 12-14-2007 07:18 AM

ECUtune chip for about $240+installation, 4.44 gears for $1200ish installed.

SVXRide 12-14-2007 09:42 AM

In terms of simple to harder:

1. remove the intake "saxaphone" within the wheelwell
2. ECUTune 1v5 chip
3. 2 in one out high flow primary cat with 2.5 pipe back to a 2.5" resonator and then to the stock muffler
4. TomMyplx intake pipe from MAF to TB
5. Underdrive crank pulley
6. 5 spd MT or 4.44 AT swap with associated rear diff
7. ECUTune 2v7 chip with Z32 MAF and 370cc injectors
8. OT or YT custom headers
9. Cams (LAN's or mine...whenever I actually get around to actually testing mine out:rolleyes:)
9. Turbo/S/C...

-Bill

SubaSteevo 12-14-2007 09:44 AM

Throttle body coolant bypass. $3 and 15 minutes of your time.

Mr. Pockets 12-14-2007 10:23 AM

Moved to correct forum. Please post in the appropriate forum in the future. Thanks.

subbieatnz 12-14-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaSteevo (Post 515259)
Throttle body coolant bypass. $3 and 15 minutes of your time.

whats that? whats it look like and where do ya get 1 from?

It's Just Eric 12-14-2007 09:14 PM

basicly, there's a coolant line that runs through your throttle bodies. Some people have simply disconnected them from the throttle body and coupled the lines together with a fiting. Basicly, the theroy is, the hot coolant running through the throttle increases the air temperture, so bypassing that results in more power.To be honest, I dont think it's THAT much of a benefit, plus, im pretty sure they put the coolant lines there for a good reason

for an ENGINE power increase, you're really not gotig to get any benifits from something cheap, but, the overall feel f the car can be improved very inexpensivly. Start off small....Remove the intake resonator, install a lightweight pully, mabey install some phenolic spacers...Then invest in some polyurethane bushings for the swaybars, get some endlink bushings and rear subframe spacers from SVXFiles, upgrade to slotted rotors and stainless lines...then save up money for an exhaust, intake (and not some chintsy cone filter...do your reesearch:)) then save up for a 5mt, then do some engine manegment and cams.somewhere during this process, you might invest in a fiberglass hood, and remove some unessenial bulk. By this point, your car should be quite fast, but, if you want to go faster, you're going to essentially need a built engine and forced induction.

Crazy_pilot 12-14-2007 09:33 PM

My guess for the throttle body coolant is that the system is there to prevent ice build up in the throttle body. When air moves through a venturi (a tube with flared ends) it accelerates. As it accelrates pressure and temperature drop. This temperature drop can be very significant when the air is moving very fast, enough that in high humidity conditions the moisture in the air can freeze and build very quickly inside the throttle body and on the throttle plates, causing restrictions to the engine drawing air in. By warming the throttle body you prevent the formation of ice.

This is very similar to the carburator heat system small airplanes use to prevent icing in the carburator.

NikFu S. 12-14-2007 09:45 PM

Bill:

You are saying a 5mt swap is easier than a 2v7? If so, I think I have a very rough road ahead. :confused: :lol:

94SubieSVX 12-14-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 515371)
Bill:

You are saying a 5mt swap is easier than a 2v7? If so, I think I have a very rough road ahead. :confused: :lol:

Maybe cheaper.

NikFu S. 12-14-2007 11:04 PM

What's cheaper than what? Stage 2 is costing me just under 800, and 5MT is costing me over 2k.

94SubieSVX 12-14-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 515384)
What's cheaper than what? Stage 2 is costing me just under 800, and 5MT is costing me over 2k.

Wait...wasn't thinking when I posted that lol.

subbieatnz 12-15-2007 03:36 AM

Quote:

phenolic spacers
whats are those?

NikFu S. 12-15-2007 03:42 AM

They are spacers that are phenolic, duh.

phe·no·lic (f-nlk, -nlk)
adj. Of, relating to, containing, or derived from phenol.
n.
Any of various synthetic thermosetting resins, obtained by the reaction of phenols with simple aldehydes and used as adhesives.

space /speɪs/ [speys] noun, verb, spaced, spac·ing, adjective
–noun 1. the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.

Just kidding.

http://www.outlawengineering.com/index.html
Click.