The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   request svx brought back (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52621)

barb13l 12-18-2009 08:33 PM

request svx brought back

I am new to this SVX world network. Has anyone ever started a petition to Subaru to bring back the SVX? I have written to them to see if they had plans to remake the SVX. The reply was no plans at this time.
Since they now know that the car was heavy and the rotors needed adjustment this could be corrected. This was the best car I ever owned and I would love to buy another one.
Anyone have any comments.

BoxerFanatic 12-18-2009 08:39 PM

Re: request svx brought back

Not sure what to tell you.

Theoretically there is a chance... the 20th anniversary of the original is coming up for 2012...

And Subaru is cooperating with Toyota on a Coupe product... albeit possibly smaller than SVX...

But SVX wasn't exactly a barn burner for Subaru in the 90s. The 90s saw the SUV all but read last rights to the Coupe market. Almost no Japanese coupes survived, and the Camaro, Firebird, and others didn't last much longer before getting cancelled.

I'd like to say that Subaru will be bringing an SVX back to market, and do it right this time... I would be first in line, if it were up to par.

But I am not sure the situation looks all that hopeful. Subaru's upcoming coupe may be more geared toward economy, and sport-compact performance, rather than grand touring capability.

SVXRide 12-18-2009 08:46 PM

now having an SVX special addition of the new coupe might be an interesting idea...:cool:
-Bill

BoxerFanatic 12-18-2009 09:01 PM

That is what I have long been hoping for...

That the economy non-turbo model, and sport compact crowd turbo model, be joined by a third, fully loaded, H6 model... as the grand touring coupe, which would be the SVX model...

LetItSnow 12-18-2009 10:45 PM

Can't call it an SVX; the name defies it. ;)

Gamesy 12-20-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 628337)
Can't call it an SVX; the name defies it. ;)

then call its SVXII :P

Subix 12-20-2009 03:39 AM

I'm not so sure I would jump on a new one.
I love this car to death (my wallet or lack of one proves it) but I think Subaru
is doing well with the STi that the SVX isn't even a consideration.

What exactly would one expect from a new SVX other than it would obviously be new and have some improvements? I think they would screw up the design into something completely different and try and cheap out on other areas of the car, just my idea on it really. I mean, I dunno... it's something I would have to see before really speaking on.

I want to upgrade internally some of the components that would modernize the SVX and hopefully when time permits, I'll be able to implement some of those ideas into my own SVX for funzies.

ensteele 12-20-2009 08:37 AM

And I wouldn't be willing to spend the $50,000 that it would cost. Remember that it was a $35,000 car back in the 90s. :eek: :o

lhopp77 12-20-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 628484)
And I wouldn't be willing to spend the $50,000 that it would cost. Remember that it was a $35,000 car back in the 90s. :eek: :o

Yep, there would only be a handful of owners from here at the price it originally cost. :) Could probably count them on an hand and an half. Comparatively speaking it would probably be well over $50K if it has as many new innovative features as the original had.

Lee

Jazz 12-20-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 628484)

I think that a new SVX GTS would be great. :)
I would buy one. (Used, 10 years after it is released and has devalued to about $5000) ;)