The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Group Buys (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Custom Chrome SVX Emblems!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43302)

Johnybeas 02-16-2008 12:04 AM

Custom Chrome SVX Emblems!!!!

Starting to try and get some people actually interested in for sure custom Chrome SVX Emblems in the actual SVX logo, no cheap put togethers from other cars, these will be custom made for us and us alone! They will be made by a company who has made emblems for Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Rinker boats and others. I have everything set up with the company to have them made I just need to stir up some interest so dayle will buy the majority of them off of me because the initial investment is so large in number. So anyone who would be interested in these please post! they will be 6" x 1.625" made of chrome coated ABS. here is a picture of some of the work they have done.http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...as/OEM-OEM.jpg

Keoni 02-16-2008 12:12 AM

yeah im interested but... i would like to see what they would look like though

Davestone 02-16-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keoni (Post 528819)
yeah im interested but... i would like to see what they would look like though

+1 for :pics:

Johnybeas 02-16-2008 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
same as those but will be this logo.......

Johnybeas 02-16-2008 12:36 AM

They won't make them till I make the order, but I'm waiting on Dayle's backing. I have to show him there is a demand before he'll go in on it with me. So, anyone else just post, and then we'll get um ordered and you can either pre-order with me, or I'll be posting pics after I get them. You can get them from me I'll be keeping a good lot of them to sell to members on here, but other than that they will be available through motorsport warehouse after that. They will be 10 bucks each from me. They will be quality I can guarantee that. These guys are the ones who make the stallions for the mustangs and the wording on the side for toyota tundra's and a ton of other stuff you see on big brand stuff. So all around good deal and cool stuff! I'm stoked! can be mounted anywhere I am planning on putting on in the middle of my 97 grille.

CorSVXette 02-16-2008 05:31 AM

I'll take one. How will it go into the grill?

svxistentialist 02-16-2008 05:46 AM

The AWD emblem on Dayle's site looks to me to be about 3".

The emblem you are talking about doing is 6". To me, and this is just my opinion, this is HUGE :eek:

Is it meant to go on the front grille? And if so, why so big? This is meant to be an upmarket partly understated vehicle. I would expect 6" chrome on a humvee or a circus vehicle, but it's a bit much for the SVX.

Joe:rolleyes:

ensteele 02-16-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 528835)

The emblem you are talking about doing is 6". To me, and this is just my opinion, this is HUGE :eek:

Is it meant to go on the front grille? And if so, why so big? This is meant to be an upmarket partly understated vehicle. I would expect 6" chrome on a humvee or a circus vehicle, but it's a bit much for the SVX.

+1 :o :o

Speedklix 02-16-2008 11:30 AM

both sizes would be great options...

one for grillers, one for people who only want it on the sides up by the trunk.

Hondasucks 02-16-2008 12:32 PM

I'd be down :-) I think it'd be cool to have maybe a smaller one that could go on the fender, like where the Prius has the "Hybrid" logo.. Maybe one smaller one that goes in the grille or on the fender, and a larger one for the back. I dunno, just a thought :-)

OR, a "H6 - 3.3" or similar logo, kinda like the Outback H6 - 3.0 logo. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming now lol.

maxg765 02-16-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 528835)

I'd be in if its tastefully done and not huge like mentioned above. I am not a fan of mods but I think a good sized SVX would be nice in the center of my 97 grill and if I don't end up liking it then I spent 10 bucks, I'll live with that.

I have to start somewhere since I don't have my SVX yet. I can build from here. :D

Max

ShiuludeSVX 02-16-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxg765 (Post 528896)
I'd be in if its tastefully done and not huge like mentioned above. I am not a fan of mods but I think a good sized SVX would be nice in the center of my 97 grill and if I don't end up liking it then I spent 10 bucks, I'll live with that.

I have to start somewhere since I don't have my SVX yet. I can build from here. :D

Max

I could do with a set also, probably in both sizes. But I'd have to see the sizes to be sure.

BTW.......Quwel Rx4, it's too bad we don't see them on the roads anymore.

Johnybeas 02-17-2008 12:09 AM

3 inch? alright well I mean that's what they told me they generally do when I showed them what I wanted to do that's the size they told me but I can scale it down a bit. I wasn't quite positive how big the AWD one was but I measured it out and 6 inches long isn't that super long but 3 is fine as well. only thing I see is if it's scaled down to 3 inches then it'd be less than an inch high... and i think that might look a little tacky and small... so compromise? 4.5x1.22 sound good???

svxistentialist 02-18-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnybeas (Post 529001)
. and i think that might look a little tacky and small... so compromise? 4.5x1.22 sound good???

There is no tacky and small...:p :lol:

There is only tacky and big.:)

The size of a logo needs to relate to the space in which you place it. The SVX in the back panel is 6.5" by 1"

However, it is black and it is in the middle of a 33" wide panel, so 5 to 1 ratio.

6" of chrome will look great in the centre of the door cill, and will look terrible in the front grille. As a comparative, the Subaru Pleiades logo on the hood is 2" wide, but gets the job done.

Why not ask Dayle what dimensions are the AWD chrome unit he sells? I'm thinking 4x1 or 4x3/4 are the max that will work in the grille, and smaller would be better, but it's your call.

Joe:)

Tim 02-18-2008 06:58 AM

I'd be interested in one like this:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...95SVX/5799.JPG