The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bad News at Reading 6 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25454)

TomsSVX 04-09-2005 06:29 PM

Bad News at Reading 6

Sorry I have to be the bringer of bad news but Jesse(Subafreak) blew his engine while doing his second small run with the NO2 and the six speed. I was in the car when he launched and WOW did it launch. As he went to shift into 2nd it blew. We have guessed that it blew the head gasket out, antifreeze blowing out of the cap and overflow and oil running out of the intake. He has got to trailer it home or to Jimsbaby's house for fixin up.

On a much better note, he took it out for his first run and I was a watcher, and man did that thing get up and go!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: H was tearing ass and he said it was awsome. I got to feel the 1st gear launch with the stage 2 when I was in it and I tell u what, I used every bit of the foam on his EVO seats. Put me straight back. Kicks like a mule but I think he might have to either stage the NO2 or just nix it in 1st all together. Well he will fix and and life will move on but for now we are all mourning this event.

I am sure there will be plenty of pics up later tonight as I have no camera I cannot be of help to you looking for them.

Tom

P.S. the rally was a ton of fun

SVX-FF 04-09-2005 07:04 PM

I am very sorry t hear that Tom. I quess the meet monster will strike at anytime. :( :( :(

Steve

michael 04-09-2005 07:31 PM

Not half an hour ago I was looking at pics of his 6-speed install, I have them all downloaded. That sux, sorry freak :(

ensteele 04-09-2005 08:24 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: That is not good! Sorry to hear that. I guess he will have to drink his sorrows away. :) :)

Chiketkd 04-09-2005 08:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear that as well. Jesse will have that car up and running in no time though. :)

Man, I would have loved to feel what you did in the passenger seat Tom. Scariest ride I've ever had was in my friends '00 SVT Lightning that runs low 12's. He blasted up the highway from a dead stop with the rear tires screaming for grip in first, second and third! http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/eek.gif http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/eek.gif http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/eek.gif

-Chike

upnygimp 04-09-2005 09:11 PM

No car meet is complete without having something blow up. ;)

I'm sure it'll come back faster than ever. Always one good thing about engines blowing......you have an excuse to go bigger and better. :D

GreenMarine 04-09-2005 11:24 PM

AWESOME!!! I so wish I could have seen it!!! Did anyone get video??!?!?! Great to hear that the 6 speed can take the full power of the SVX Engine with stage 2 :):)

TomsSVX 04-09-2005 11:43 PM

someone does have video but im not sure when he is gonna post. I am still in shcok kinda cuz i was in car when it happened. We ripped out of 1st and when he went to shift, I thought he blew the shift but it turns out he had no go when he hit the gas. I ask him what happened and all he say is "UH oH, Big Smoke" I look behind the car at the huge cloud of white smoke behind us and almost start crying for him. That thing was stinkin sumthin feirce when we got stopped. Everyone seemed to come together and help him out when he needed to get it on the trailer and whatnot, not to mention he won the rally contest. Well, if any more needs to be said, I will let him do it or someone else, this is just depressing to talk about anymore.

Tom

Jimsbaby 04-10-2005 01:09 AM

and boy was that alot of smoke but on a better side note i have a new car to look at and dream of in my driveway (dont worry jesse no drool on the car i know) Pat was in the car for the first run and he couldnt say enough bout the car...next years winner of the svx rally has to break the new curse of winning the rally and then blowing ur motor i did it last year but jesse with his nos was killer good show though...side not the svx with the supercharger was faster then hell also up and running a couple strong runs...reading was small this year but always good times with good people and lots of fun even with a blown motor jesse was all smiles

Jim

AvPPoW 04-10-2005 11:37 AM

I have a video of the smoke and pics of the aftermath, but no video of the full run

immortal_suby 04-10-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimsbaby
the svx with the supercharger was faster then hell also up and running a couple strong runs
Jim

Que?
The supercharged svx made it there?

n00b on demand 04-10-2005 07:03 PM

Who has a supercharged SVX? Is it Mike?

wawazat?? 04-10-2005 07:16 PM

Supercharged SVX belongs to Tom, aka svxfiles.

Todd

Jimsbaby 04-10-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
Supercharged SVX belongs to Tom, aka svxfiles.

Todd

ya what Chad said it (lol just kidding todd) it was toms svx and boy did it look fun to drive with him

Jim :D

Subafreak 04-10-2005 08:09 PM

Yeah, you take good care of my baby Jim :D It's OK if you want to sit in it and play with the shifter too. ;)

I think I need to learn how to control my NOS a little better. The first couple of runs went great, that thing friggen ripped. I wasn't expecting it to blow the tire free rounding one of the light poles at the end of our parking lot 1/4mile. Altho I'm think I might have looked like I did? Pat? :D

Yes the good news is the tranny is good for it and the clutch never even thought about slipping either. :cool:

I should have it running again in about two weeks, I'll toss the spare motor in there and probly play with the NOs a little more carfully. As for the old motor I think I'll look into building it for supercharger application. NOS is fun but I would like to have a little more throttle control for all around driving. :D