The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Hey...come look at this car!" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27832)

Pearlywhites1992 08-11-2005 10:34 AM

"Hey...come look at this car!"

...squealed the girl to her co-workers at the McDonald's Drive-thru window just now. "Have you ever seen a car like this?" she asked each and every one of 'em. They all said no of course, to which she replied, "Cool." I smiled and said, "Different is good!" and was on my way.

legacy852 08-11-2005 10:54 AM

I went there for the first time in a year today. I was driving my Outback like always though.

Red SVX 92 08-11-2005 11:40 AM

The funniest thing is that, when I owned my SVX, I got maybe one comment at a drive-thru about the car the whole time I owned it. But with my current car, which is extremely common, I've gotten 4 or 5 comments about the car.

Dza 08-11-2005 02:00 PM

I either get comments in the drive-thru about how cool my car is, or how much it sucks trying to hand food & drinks into my "weird windows".

n00b on demand 08-11-2005 02:02 PM

Yesterday at work i decided to take my half hour break. I go out and sit in the car to relax....im always lifting things at work so im always dead tired. But 3 different people knocked on the window telling me what a beautiful car i had. Now if that doesnt lighten up your day then i dont know what does :)

Tim-H 08-11-2005 06:34 PM

I never get any comments about either of my cars. It could be because my svx wasnt in the best of shape, or it could be that i'm told i look like an a-hole :confused:

SVXPlanes 08-12-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Yesterday at work i decided to take my half hour break. I go out and sit in the car to relax....im always lifting things at work so im always dead tired. But 3 different people knocked on the window telling me what a beautiful car i had. Now if that doesnt lighten up your day then i dont know what does :)

I used to get a ton of questions when the car was new ('93). I can't count how many times I was asked if it was a Ferrari or a Porsche. Then the comments tapered off. In the late '90's it was almost like it was invisable. Now that SVX's are getting kinda rare (and maybe 'cause mine's in pretty good shape), I have people telling me what a beautiful car it is. It really DOES make your day! :)

Mr. Pockets 08-12-2005 03:32 PM

The SVX certainly gets noticed. I don't drive mine much at all (a couple thousand miles during the summer at the most), but when I do I notice the difference in reactions right away. The MR2 is largely ignored, which is fine. :)

SilVerXtc 08-12-2005 05:20 PM

I never get any comments at drive-thrus. But the other day at Burger king they told to me to pull up front and they would bring my food out when ready. when I got my order the receipt said "silver subaru" on it. I was amazed :eek: they knew it was a Subaru.

Ricochet 08-12-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
The MR2 is largely ignored, which is fine. :)

My roomie has an 88 supercharged one in mint condition.. people ask him what year his lotus is lol