The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX still gets the recognition (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2394)

SVXPlanes 01-06-2002 01:10 AM

SVX still gets the recognition

Took the SVX into the 'basin' (LA) today.

From a couple of 30 something soccer moms in a new Tahoe, "Wow, you have a really cool car!"
And a "thumbs-up" frome a couple of riceboys in a modified civic (didn't expect that!)

Autoweek called the SVX a 'semi-exotic' when it was new, and I guess it's even more true now that they're so rare. When it was new ('93), used to have people ask me if it was a Ferrari or a Porsche, or even a BMW (the dealer I got it from was also a BMW dealer).

No sightings, though :(

SSSVX 01-06-2002 02:08 AM

lazy to say

>>OH Yeah, I'm lazy to say that'd the plenty of similar experiences. :D:D

PS: really no sightings? move over here!! I'm sure I can bring you to see "a new" SVX a day... first one is mine, second my fren's aunt....third my professor....my fren..fren's wife...strangers'...at least for a week or more. :D:p

svxeno 01-06-2002 07:04 AM

Re: lazy to say

Quote:

Originally posted by SSSVX
>>OH Yeah, I'm lazy to say that'd the plenty of similar experiences. :D:D

PS: really no sightings? move over here!! I'm sure I can bring you to see "a new" SVX a day... first one is mine, second my fren's aunt....third my professor....my fren..fren's wife...strangers'...at least for a week or more. :D:p

Sighting on the Veterans Expressway here in Tampa, Thursday AM. Paced the guys for a short time. Toot the horn, no reaction. I guess he had no coffee that morning. My first time since I got mine. (It had to look interesting to the drivers behind us. Two SVX's side by side)

Randy ("There's one-THERE"S ONE!!) ii

Mr. Pockets 01-07-2002 08:24 AM

No sightings...

Except for my mom's, the last SVX I saw besides mine was in Charlotte, NC on the 22nd of December. And after that I did a total of over 30 hours of driving, so I'm surprised I didn't see a single one. Usually about once a month I see one in town here in Ann Arbor, but not for the last couple months...

...PS, during my visit, my mom made sure to remind me that she and her SVX will be attending the 10th Anniversary meet.

SVXphile 01-07-2002 10:10 AM

We have three ACTIVE SVX's in our little county; several more in the immediate area. On our holiday trip to Georgia/Tennessee/home we saw ONE other SVX on the whole journey. :( Don

SSSVX 01-08-2002 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
We have three ACTIVE SVX's in our little county; several more in the immediate area. On our holiday trip to Georgia/Tennessee/home we saw ONE other SVX on the whole journey. :( Don
Quite a Cute color. :D Nice?

ironsvxjr 01-08-2002 09:43 PM

NONE

During the holidays my dad drove my svz all the way from New Jersey to Virginia then from there I drove it back to Georgia and I did not see a single svx. Since then I have driven it to school and work everyday and have not any, but I have been getting a lot of weird looks from everybody. I do not mind the looks at all as a matter of fact I enjoy them. Everybody at school says how much they like my svx. I love it.:D

SVXDriver 01-10-2002 10:46 PM

Funniest Comment that I have heard so far

Today when I was getting into my car, a guy came up and asked me if htat was the new 2002 Acura NSX. LOL. He had never seen it before and then he tells me that he wants an Impala. Then I was like okay.:rolleyes:

wasions 01-10-2002 11:26 PM

Re: Funniest Comment that I have heard so far

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXDriver
Then I was like okay.:rolleyes:
At least you were!

Steve

mohrds 01-11-2002 07:45 AM

Do they run the TV ads in your are for the Impala that shows the guy in his mid 30's going to look at a new impala and remembering his dad's impala?

The one they flash back to is an early 60's model and he's in his 30's. That means his dad was driving a 15 yr old clunker when he was a kid. They should have shown some guy in a leisure suit driving a pristine 75 Impala, oh wait, that wouldn't inspire people to buy them.

Doug

SVXphile 01-11-2002 08:23 AM

CPR

<oh wait, that wouldn't inspire people to buy them.>

I hope Bob Lutz can bring some life back into GM....especially Cheverolet. Don

wasions 01-11-2002 09:09 AM

Re: CPR

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<oh wait, that wouldn't inspire people to buy them.>

I hope Bob Lutz can bring some life back into GM....especially Cheverolet. Don

Amen to that!

Chevrolet has been hurting badly since 1972. With a few notable exceptions (like the Impala SS, which started as something very ugly, but came out killer) the only model with any panache has been the 'Vette.

Steve

SVXPlanes 01-12-2002 01:39 AM

Yeah, I agree GM is hurting (see Pontiac Aztec). I was a die-hard GM owner until a series of bad cars in the '80s drove me to buy Japanese. When I rent GM cars, I see they still haven't got a clue. The first SVX I test drove in '93 was at a dealer that also sold Pontiacs. They had An SVX side by side with a Trans-Am in the showroom. No comparison. I also own a Corvette (a C4), which I don't drive much. People ask why. It's because the SVX is so much nicer!
Funny thing about SVX sightings. I almst never see them in LA anymore, but saw 2 in Bakersfield CA (near where I live) 3 weeks ago (Bordaux Red and black, both probably '95s). Ther are at leats 5 SVX's in Bakersfield. Heck, there was a black '92 for sale in my town last fall (population 10,000 or so). South Lake Tahoe/Reno is another place for a lot of sightings, although I only saw 5 on my trip this fall, down from 16 in '96

Beav 01-12-2002 05:48 AM

Like I've always said, GM makes good looking cars with little to nothing of value under the skin.

Beav

Aredubjay 01-12-2002 12:28 PM

The only GM cars I would possibly think of buying would be a 'Vette from the 50's/60's or a 56/57 "Chevy." BTW, what is that "squat" little convertible they've been showing in their ads lately? It's very interesting, and the first, since the Impala SS to really catch my eye in some time.