The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Going on long trip! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11907)

Prowler 07-11-2003 04:03 PM

Going on long trip!

Leaving next week for Niagara Falls, Canada.5000 mile round trip.
Never was concerned for a long trip, but after reading the listed post here, I am having sleepless nights. I have 92 LSi ,purchased new, have 120K miles on it with no problems! Replaced timing belt at 80K and brakes. Have the same transmission ,never removed the pan. Changed fluid every 15000 miles with Mobil 1.
Inspected the car last week and found a cracked rt.axle boot, replaced the axle assy. took 2 hours.Ordered a alternator from Kervin Subaru and replaced it. Was nothing wrong with it, but with 120K miles it was getting old, like me. Replaced hoses.
Is there anything I missed? If not,pray for me!

Have a nice day! Peter.

92 SVX LSi Pearl
2002 Prowler Inca Gold

wawazat?? 07-11-2003 04:09 PM

Good journey to you Peter

and remember there are members nationwide who can help. Enjoy the journey and let us know how it turns out for you.

Todd:)

alacrity024 07-11-2003 08:17 PM

peter-

if you're still on the road in august, give my cellphone a call. my friend Nick and i are doing an open-ended trip for the month in his Legacy station wagon. 603.209.2622

-adam

Ron Mummert 07-11-2003 10:20 PM

I took a 3500 mile road trip with my '92 two years ago when it had around 80K under the belt. No problems. I took another few thousand miles worth trip last summer to the 10th Anniversary SVX meet when it had about 100K logged. I replaced all belts & fluids at 100K-ish before the trip. No problems. It has close to 120K now. No problems.
Have fun.

Ron (Got wine, no problems).

immortal_suby 07-12-2003 07:02 AM

My svx emergency kit (stays in my trunk at all times)
-replacement atf hoses
-sandpaper and Magnum steel (for radiator patch)
-tools
-hose clamps
-jumper cables
-fire extinguisher
-wool blanket ;)
-water
-oil
-atf
-tire pump
-spare lug nuts
-disposable camera
-alternator and PS belt

good luck on your trip.

ensteele 07-12-2003 10:19 AM

Immortal

That is very much like my kit. I don't have the camera (which I will add) but have some red flashing lights for emergencies. They are battery operated and I also have some LumiSticks. :)

Subafreak 07-12-2003 07:37 PM

I don't have crap in my SVX, not even a spare tire or jack. I keep all my emergancy stuff in my Loyal, becouse it's the most likely to need it if I break down on a trail somewhere. And My SVX spare is in my basement if I ever need it which ( knock on fake wood) I haven't, I'll just call my wife to bring me the road service vehicle.
Yes I even made the trek to Reading with no spare, I figured if I really needed one I'd flag down a car with the right bolt pattern and borrow theirs.